Increasing Taxes On The Wealthy And Corporations Is Extremely Popular And Has Been For Years

If you need specific examples, you’re a fool.

You don't have any, hilarious!!!
Here is a good video for you, though I suspect learning new things is hard for you...even though big corporations NOT paying taxes is a decades old occurrence.

Now the question is, why did Nike and FedEx pay zero?

It’s many more than just those two. They pay little in tax because they’ve lobbied Congress and no doubt given much in campaign donations, to get the tax code they want. Right?

Conservatives like you love big corporations. Unknowingly shooting yourself in the head.

Mostly depreciation.
Feel free to post proof I'm wrong.

If you bothered to watch the the Jimmy Dore video I posted, you’d know better.

He said they paid zero, he didn't say precisely why.
He probably doesn't know.
You certainly don't know.

Read the CARES Act and get back to me. Depreciation? LOL.

Immediate expensing, moron.
Since the Trump tax cut.

Yeah we know you’re cool with giving big corporations all sorts of special tax cuts during the pandemic but the poor person late on his mortgage, fuck him. Foreclose and take his house. Give it to the big bank to resell at a nice profit.

Yeah we know you’re cool with giving big corporations all sorts of special tax cuts during the pandemic

That was awful! They should have raised taxes on big corporations during the pandemic, eh?
Now what does that have to do with your ignorance of the Trump tax cuts?

Of course, protect the big corporations, but fuck the people. It’s the way of the dumb con. Trillions for Wall Street and peanuts for the people. Plus, make sure to prevent workers from unionizing...and we just don’t have the money for Medicare4All or $15 minimum wage. The con hates all these things like a good toady of the billionaires.

Of course, protect the big corporations, but fuck the people.

Right, hurt the big corporations during a pandemic, because that helps the people.

Plus, make sure to prevent workers from unionizing...

Unions suck. Is someone preventing you from unionizing? Post the details!!!

and we just don’t have the money for Medicare4All or $15 minimum wage.

Both are stupid ideas. Why are you in favor of them?

We must protect the poor little billionaires...no?

Bezos, Musk top Forbes' record-setting billionaire list
by Reuters
Tuesday, 6 April 2021 11:00 GMT

By Sheila Dang
April 6 (Reuters) - Forbes' annual world's billionaires list includes a record-breaking 2,755 billionaires, with Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos topping it for the fourth consecutive year, the media company said on Tuesday.
The ranks of the ultra-wealthy are expanding after a year in which the coronavirus pandemic upended world economies and threatened the livelihoods of people across the globe.
This year's billionaires are worth a combined $13.1 trillion, up from $8 trillion last year, Forbes said.
"The very, very rich got very, very richer," said Forbes' Chief Content Officer Randall Lane, in an interview with Reuters Video News.

They are all Dims

Here is a good video for you, though I suspect learning new things is hard for you...even though big corporations NOT paying taxes is a decades old occurrence.

It’s many more than just those two. They pay little in tax because they’ve lobbied Congress and no doubt given much in campaign donations, to get the tax code they want. Right?

Conservatives like you love big corporations. Unknowingly shooting yourself in the head.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

Yeah we know you’re cool with giving big corporations all sorts of special tax cuts during the pandemic but the poor person late on his mortgage, fuck him. Foreclose and take his house. Give it to the big bank to resell at a nice profit.

Yeah we know you’re cool with giving big corporations all sorts of special tax cuts during the pandemic

That was awful! They should have raised taxes on big corporations during the pandemic, eh?

Of course, protect the big corporations, but fuck the people. It’s the way of the dumb con. Trillions for Wall Street and peanuts for the people. Plus, make sure to prevent workers from unionizing...and we just don’t have the money for Medicare4All or $15 minimum wage. The con hates all these things like a good toady of the billionaires.

Right, hurt the big corporations during a pandemic, because that helps the people.

by Reuters

By Sheila Dang
April 6 (Reuters) - Forbes' annual world's billionaires list includes a record-breaking 2,755 billionaires, with Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos topping it for the fourth consecutive year, the media company said on Tuesday.
The ranks of the ultra-wealthy are expanding after a year in which the coronavirus pandemic upended world economies and threatened the livelihoods of people across the globe.
This year's billionaires are worth a combined $13.1 trillion, up from $8 trillion last year, Forbes said.
"The very, very rich got very, very richer," said Forbes' Chief Content Officer Randall Lane, in an interview with Reuters Video News.

They are all Dims

No. They’re aren’t Ds or Rs. They just own both parties.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

So......tax the pee out of business so jobs are eliminated in the US and go overseas, but the dregs can stay home and get their welfare checks or "infrastructure" checks and the semi lazy dregs can get 15 bucks to flip hamburgers. Perfect libber world.

Lol. “Tax the piss out of business...” LMFAO. How about we just tax them on their enormous profits? Does that work for you small minded cons?

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

by Reuters

By Sheila Dang

Sounds awful!

Did Bezos steal your lollipop?

I accept your surrender. When a dumb con like you turns it personal, which is total nonsense, you lose.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

So......tax the pee out of business so jobs are eliminated in the US and go overseas, but the dregs can stay home and get their welfare checks or "infrastructure" checks and the semi lazy dregs can get 15 bucks to flip hamburgers. Perfect libber world.

Lol. “Tax the piss out of business...” LMFAO. How about we just tax them on their enormous profits? Does that work for you small minded cons?

Tax them however you want Einstein they will pay what they feel like paying and loophole the rest to the middle class. They already pay massive amounts so let them pay what they do and create more jobs, thus taking some of the pressure off us working class. Ahhh you dregs couldn't care less you are paid to sit at home.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

by Reuters

By Sheila Dang

Sounds awful!

I accept your surrender. When a dumb con like you turns it personal, which is total nonsense, you lose.

We do lose anytime we listen to you goofs we just pay more taxes to support Dim dregs.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

Tax them however you want Einstein they will pay what they feel like paying and loophole the rest to the middle class. They already pay massive amounts so let them pay what they do and create more jobs, thus taking some of the pressure off us working class. Ahhh you dregs couldn't care less you are paid to sit at home.

You’re not informed. It’s been reported for years that many large corporations pay little to nothing in taxes, even though they make enormous profits. I’ve pointed it out clearly in this thread. Read up please.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

by Reuters

By Sheila Dang

Sounds awful!

We do lose anytime we listen to you goofs we just pay more taxes to support Dim dregs.

Again, you’re uninformed.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

You’re not informed. It’s been reported for years that many large corporations pay little to nothing in taxes, even though they make enormous profits. I’ve pointed it out clearly in this thread. Read up please.

Been reported where? They pay the lion's share of taxes collected in the country, they have to as Dim dregs pay none.....then we working class foot the rest. The only thing pointed in this thread is your tiny head.

Mostly depreciation.

Since the Trump tax cut.

Been reported where? They pay the lion's share of taxes collected in the country, they have to as Dim dregs pay none.....then we working class foot the rest. The only thing pointed in this thread is your tiny head.

Jesus! Are you really this dumb?

It’s been reported for years that many large corporations pay little to nothing in taxes, even though they make enormous profits.

Enormous profits, based on Jimmy Dore's limited understanding? LOL!
See? You didn’t watch the video, but your lack of intelligence makes you comment on something you know nothing about. Dore cited sources dummy, but you think he just made it up.

Please stop posting. You’re just trolling the thread.

It’s been reported for years that many large corporations pay little to nothing in taxes, even though they make enormous profits.

See? You didn’t watch the video, but your lack of intelligence makes you comment on something you know nothing about. Dore cited sources dummy, but you think he just made it up.

I watched the video.
It had no specifics. Like you.

but you think he just made it up.

Nope. Not even a little.

I watched the video.

Nope. Not even a little.
Lol. Dupe.

Go ahead and raise taxes on businesses and corporations. Just as long as you understand going in that you the consumer will be the ones paying for it.

Democrat politicians know Democrat voters aren't smart enough to know that. Democrat politicians don't protect their bases, they fuck them using their own stupidity. While there is some poetic justice in that, we all pay the price unfortunately for the boobs

I watched the video.

Nope. Not even a little.
Lol. Dupe.

Whiner.

A Gallup tracking poll only buttresses the findings of those surveys. Over the course of several years, Gallup asked people whether they thought certain sectors of the country paid their "fair share" in taxes. Bottom line: Americans haven't thought that "upper-income" individuals and corporations have paid their fair share for many, many years.

Here's how many respondents said upper-income people don't pay their fair share:
  • 2019: 62%
  • 2018: 62%
  • 2017: 63%
People were even less impressed with the contributions of corporations:
  • 2019: 69%
  • 2018: 66%
  • 2017: 67%
Given that reality, Senate Republicans up for reelection next year might just take a pass on heading up opposition to Biden’s eventual bill unless they can find an entirely different point of contention. But by all means, McConnell, keep on crowing about Democrats raising taxes on wealthy individuals and corporations to pay for making high-speed internet available in rural areas. Hear, hear!

But don't worry, that money will trickle up to you, when we get it. No really.
A poll to ask what people thought of other peoples taxation levels isn't really a good poll. What they THINK may not be based in any kind of reality, and in fact, can be skewed based on their personal perception of that group, or what side of the aisle they associate with.

Polls can also be manipulated to say what you want them to say. Over and under sampling can change what the results will be. So, if they happen to over sample people who predominately watch CNN, then likely they are going to say the rich don't pay their fair share, whereas over sampling people who predominately watch fox will say the rich do pay their fair share.

And again, those people don't know how much anyone paid in taxes, they only know what their media of choice tells them, and frankly, the media, when it comes to personal taxes paid, don't know either and are just speculating, and probably only know a fraction of what's true about corporate taxes paid.

When it comes to what an individual has paid, that is private information so there is no way the media could legally know how much an individual paid in taxes. As far as corporate taxes, well, nobody is skirting the law. If a corporation is paying low taxes, its because there are legal deductions that allow them to reduce their tax burden, and every corporations use those same deductions.

Forum List

Back