Incomes up and Poverty Down in 2019

Great! Please explain what I mean by "the most active and aggressive Fed in the history of the country". And please break it down to the actions of the central Fed and the NY Fed over the last three years, AND the long term implications of those actions.

Go ahead. Feel free to get as specific as you'd like.

Oh, and then tell us how long we can engage in massive deficit spending increases.

Thanks in advance.

Meaning, you've got NOTHING!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull s***!
'
Is that supposed to be some kind of answer?

I already asked you to provide details as to why you think the Biden/Harris plan will be successul and how the fed will change their monetary policy under Biden/Harris. Instead of answering, you filabuster.

So his big reason why people doing better financially doesn't matter is the fed, and the fed will do the exact same thing with Harris. Plus, everyone's gains will be removed, and spending will balloon even higher. Mac, why are you not rooting for people to win in any fashion?
Because we're being terribly fiscally irresponsible. This comes at a cost.

It's sad that I even have to say this.

You can see that lower taxes and regulations give people a better chance to take care of themselves? Despite what the fed is doing, I would have to think common sense practices would still allow wages to rise. Are you saying nothing Trump does is good for the country economically because of what the fed is doing? If nothing matters because of the fed, people have pointed out that the fed behavior will likey be the same under a democrat administration.

Great! Please explain what I mean by "the most active and aggressive Fed in the history of the country". And please break it down to the actions of the central Fed and the NY Fed over the last three years, AND the long term implications of those actions.

Oh, and then tell us how long we can engage in massive deficit spending increases.

Thanks in advance.

'

I already asked you to provide details as to why you think the Biden/Harris plan will be successul and how the fed will change their monetary policy under Biden/Harris. Instead of answering, you filabuster.

So his big reason why people doing better financially doesn't matter is the fed, and the fed will do the exact same thing with Harris. Plus, everyone's gains will be removed, and spending will balloon even higher. Mac, why are you not rooting for people to win in any fashion?

You can see that lower taxes and regulations give people a better chance to take care of themselves? Despite what the fed is doing, I would have to think common sense practices would still allow wages to rise. Are you saying nothing Trump does is good for the country economically because of what the fed is doing? If nothing matters because of the fed, people have pointed out that the fed behavior will likey be the same under a democrat administration.
How do you make that connection. Wages rose under Obama despite more regulation. We have way more regulations and way higher taxes and people here are capable of taking better care of themselves and their family. I'm not trying to do some gotcha thing but I'd like to know what objective fact you're aware of that leads you to conclude that lower taxes and regulations lead to being better able to take care of yourself?

Thanks in advance.

'

How do you make that connection. Wages rose under Obama despite more regulation. We have way more regulations and way higher taxes and people here are capable of taking better care of themselves and their family. I'm not trying to do some gotcha thing but I'd like to know what objective fact you're aware of that leads you to conclude that lower taxes and regulations lead to being better able to take care of yourself?

Note he said taking care of yourself, not being taken care of by the government. Europe has a larger welfare state than the US. Ironically, the US citizens give MUCH more to charity than those in Europe, who rely on government redistribution of wealth. We are much more in control of our personal welfare than those in Europe and I personally like that because I am willing to take on the personal responsibility and the risk that allows me to move up( and down) the economic ladder much more freely than in Europe.

Thanks in advance.

'

I would think it would be common sense. If people are allowed to keep their paychecks and wasteful, expensive bureaucracy is removed, people would thrive. To me it is much the same as don't spend what you don't have. Common sense. I think it is a bit dishonest to say Trump's implementation of these common sense ideas had nothing to do with 2019 success. Mac thinks it was all do to the fed. I don't know, but it seems common sense would be applicable somewhere. As to the success of previous, heavily regulated administrations, I would question regulation as being the driving factor of their success. Such a correlation would be hard to make.

Thanks in advance.

'

I would think it would be common sense. If people are allowed to keep their paychecks and wasteful, expensive bureaucracy is removed, people would thrive. To me it is much the same as don't spend what you don't have. Common sense. I think it is a bit dishonest to say Trump's implementation of these common sense ideas had nothing to do with 2019 success. Mac thinks it was all do to the fed. I don't know, but it seems common sense would be applicable somewhere. As to the success of previous, heavily regulated administrations, I would question regulation as being the driving factor of their success. Such a correlation would be hard to make.
"Mac thinks it was all due to the fed"

Virtually every time you post to me, or about me, you lie.

I point it out, and yet you keep doing it.

Don't you know how to communicate like a normal, honest adult? Are you like this in real life?

Thanks in advance.

'

Note he said taking care of yourself, not being taken care of by the government. Europe has a larger welfare state than the US. Ironically, the US citizens give MUCH more to charity than those in Europe, who rely on government redistribution of wealth. We are much more in control of our personal welfare than those in Europe and I personally like that because I am willing to take on the personal responsibility and the risk that allows me to move up( and down) the economic ladder much more freely than in Europe.
If I work to earn a wage, a wage that allows you too

Thanks in advance.

'

If I work and make a wage. A wage that allows me to pay taxes and buy goods how am I letting the government take care of me? It's a disconnect I feel often occurs when talking to conservatives. For some reason services payed for by taxes are considered "given". They are not I paid for them.

As to social mobility. The whole concept of student debt is alien to people living here. Who do you think is more mobile in society. A person living in a country that allows everyone to have a higher education without accruing debt regardless of who you parents are? Or a person for whom the best universities are unaffordable unless they themselves are exceptional enough to qualify for a sholarship. And other higher education carries considerable financial burdens?

Thanks in advance.

'

Don't you know how to communicate like a normal, honest adult? Are you like this in real life?
I was referrng to post number 2. You seem to put a huge emphasis on the fed. I see you also mentioned spending, my bad. The fed is baked in, like you said, and the spending will be even more irresponsible with a democrat wish list. I know you think you can tax your way out of it, but I am doubtful. Especially with that democrat wish list. I think I am being very accurate with you giving Trump zero credit on common sense practices. With out those practices, we'd still have the same fed behavior, the same spending, and people would be worse off.

Thanks in advance.

'

The thing is what you call common sense is based on a wrong presupposition. Namely that a government bureaucracy is by definition worse than private sector bureaucracies. My government health care system for instance is considerably cheaper and more efficient than your fragmented for profit one.

Actually, in 2008 the entire banking sector went belly up in the US taking the rest of the world with them because there was insufficient regulation in regards to who was eligible for mortgages. I know for a fact that here there are strict regulations regarding issuing loans somethimg lile sub-prime mortgages would simply be illegal. Right of the bat how regulations can and do contribute to a sustainable business model.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

'

I was referrng to post number 2. You seem to put a huge emphasis on the fed. I see you also mentioned spending, my bad. The fed is baked in, like you said, and the spending will be even more irresponsible with a democrat wish list. I know you think you can tax your way out of it, but I am doubtful. Especially with that democrat wish list. I think I am being very accurate with you giving Trump zero credit on common sense practices. With out those practices, we'd still have the same fed behavior, the same spending, and people would be worse off.
If you have to lie about what I say (or didn't say), just don't post to me or about me, thanks. There are plenty other posters here about whom you can lie.

The thing is what you call common sense is based on a wrong presupposition. Namely that a government bureaucracy is by definition worse than private sector bureaucracies. My government health care system for instance is considerably cheaper and more efficient than your fragmented for profit one.

Actually, in 2008 the entire banking sector went belly up in the US taking the rest of the world with them because there was insufficient regulation in regards to who was eligible for mortgages. I know for a fact that here there are strict regulations regarding issuing loans somethimg lile sub-prime mortgages would simply be illegal. Right of the bat how regulations can and do contribute to a sustainable business model.

In the US, the government is woefully less efficient than the private sector. That cannot be argued. The private sector in the US is the strongest in the world/ Maybe Europe's private sector is woeful as compared to the US thus the government is efficient in comparison. The US healthcare system is the best in the world in terms of quality. If you need life-saving, cutting edge treatments, the US is where you want to be. Don't be fooled. The main arguments against it mainly stem from lack of access and cost as compared to single-payer systems. I would argue that lack of access is grossly overestimated by the left who are pushing an agenda. Cost is most certainly overestimated as taxes in other countries are much higher. You pay one way or another. The US could stand for more competition to bring prices down, I don't deny that, however, the private sector is vastly more qualified to handle healthcare needs than the government. The US has the best chance to develop a COVID vaccine due to the private industries. Not sure what EU would do without our help frankly.

You need to do some research on the the 2008 crash. It was deregulation, but the impetus for this deregulation was a Democratic strategy employed in the name of "fairness" to give high risk loan applicants a better opportunity for home ownership. Just another bleeding heart left-wing policy with good intention but no forethought on the potential ramifications.

Thanks in advance.

'

Thanks in advance.

'

If I work and make a wage. A wage that allows me to pay taxes and buy goods how am I letting the government take care of me? It's a disconnect I feel often occurs when talking to conservatives. For some reason services payed for by taxes are considered "given". They are not I paid for them.

As to social mobility. The whole concept of student debt is alien to people living here. Who do you think is more mobile in society. A person living in a country that allows everyone to have a higher education without accruing debt regardless of who you parents are? Or a person for whom the best universities are unaffordable unless they themselves are exceptional enough to qualify for a sholarship. And other higher education carries considerable financial burdens?
Even with the higher taxes in Europe, it is still in the taxpayers best interest to make things efficient. Having three agencies that oversee the same thing, and layers of overlapping government are wasteful and expensive. Trump reducing those in America was helpful. While you don't mind paying higher taxes for your services, I imagine if the government makes stupid decisions, and your taxes rise to a certain level, you might view those taxes differently. Trump increased efficiency, which is common sense. It works with both Europe and the US. Here in the US, people act like it had nothing to do with our success before the virus.

If I work and make a wage. A wage that allows me to pay taxes and buy goods how am I letting the government take care of me? It's a disconnect I feel often occurs when talking to conservatives. For some reason services payed for by taxes are considered "given". They are not I paid for them

These services cost high wage earners much more than low wage earners. Low wage earners may not pay any in fact, if at all. It boils down to personal responsibility. You should be able to to most things for yourself aside from a few things.(roads, police protection, etc.) I want the freedom, a concept on which the US was founded, to make or break myself. I don't need a nanny as an adult.

I have a much better chance of becoming what most would consider wealthy in the US than in Europe in part because someone has to foot the bill for this higher education that in many cases is simply not necessary. The person in Europe may get a "free" education, but that doesn't negate the fact that using that education to become wealthy is much harder due to the regulations and tax burdens.

In the US, the government is woefully less efficient than the private sector. That cannot be argued. The private sector in the US is the strongest in the world/ Maybe Europe's private sector is woeful as compared to the US thus the government is efficient in comparison. The US healthcare system is the best in the world in terms of quality. If you need life-saving, cutting edge treatments, the US is where you want to be. Don't be fooled. The main arguments against it mainly stem from lack of access and cost as compared to single-payer systems. I would argue that lack of access is grossly overestimated by the left who are pushing an agenda. Cost is most certainly overestimated as taxes in other countries are much higher. You pay one way or another. The US could stand for more competition to bring prices down, I don't deny that, however, the private sector is vastly more qualified to handle healthcare needs than the government. The US has the best chance to develop a COVID vaccine due to the private industries. Not sure what EU would do without our help frankly.

You need to do some research on the the 2008 crash. It was deregulation, but the impetus for this deregulation was a Democratic strategy employed in the name of "fairness" to give high risk loan applicants a better opportunity for home ownership. Just another bleeding heart left-wing policy with good intention but no forethought on the potential ramifications.

Is Europe much more efficient at spending tax revenue? To have people happy with paying their taxes tells me that it isn't being thrown down a rat hole. If their governments do spend more wisely, I'd love to hear the secret of what keeps them honest and not totally corrupt.

The reason my reply is now in this form is because I'm home now and no longer on my phone. Just in case you are wondering.
In the US, the government is woefully less efficient than the private sector. That cannot be argued.
Yes it can. PolitiFact - Comparing administrative costs for private insurance and Medicare and I just did.
The US healthcare system is the best in the world in terms of quality. If you need life-saving, cutting edge treatments, the US is where you want to be.
That's an opinion, but even if it wasn't. Most people will never ever need the best life-saving, cutting edge treatment. They need quality healthcare they can afford. Having the worlds best cardiac surgeon does you no good if on average in cardiovascular diseases the US scores worse than my country (Belgium). (Which it does by the way)
Don't be fooled. The main arguments against it mainly stem from lack of access and cost as compared to single-payer systems. I would argue that lack of access is grossly overestimated by the left who are pushing an agenda. Cost is most certainly overestimated as taxes in other countries are much higher.
Again an opinion, about that gross overestimation but just to give you my anecdotal evidence I know no one personally in Belgium who has ever had or wanted to go without care because of cost. I know about 3 personally in the US. As to cost. How does health spending in the U.S. compare to other countries? - Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker All these stats state total cost, meaning out of pocket plus taxation. The US is BY FAR the most expensive.
The US has the best chance to develop a COVID vaccine due to the private industries.
Yet again an opinion. Russia already developed one. How effective it is I wouldn't dare to guess but it does tell me other countries are capable of developing one. The Covid 19 test that worked and was rejected by the US was developed in Germany. The US took a month longer. So why do you get the idea that the US is the only one being able to develop anything?
You need to do some research on the the 2008 crash. It was deregulation, but the impetus for this deregulation was a Democratic strategy
If the argument is that deregulation always is a plus as was argued, stating the Democrats were responsible for this particular deregulation doesn't help you, does it?
Just to argue that little thing. W was in charge for 7 years when the crisis hit. Not exactly signalling he had a problem with it. Obama passed the Dodd-Frank Act | CFTC in response to it. It wasn't Democrats who repealed large parts of it.

Thanks in advance.

'

Thanks in advance.

'

Higher education is an investment just like the stock market or real estate. People who get a higher education on average will earn more money and be out of work less often than others who are not college educated.

Investments should not be funded by the taxpayers. I can't see spending my working life paying taxes so that somebody can go to school to be a lawyer, and then after they become a lawyer and I need their help, charge me 200 bucks an hour for that help.

Forum List

Back