Incessant Barking Dogs

Gabe Lackmann

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2021
I have neighbors to my rear whose dogs (3 large breed) bark constantly.

I didn't notice much for the first couple years as I worked at an office and then returned home in the evening.

On the weekends it was a bit annoying at times but not overly so.

However, with remote working I am now home consistently, and the barking is becoming ridiculous.

I have spoken with the owners a couple times.

I have queried the city and they basically stated that unless the barking seriously interferes with sleep, affects health, and is after hours not a whole lot can be done.

On top of that I would have to show proof e.g. record the animals barking.

I have also purchased an ultrasonic device with extender to help quiet the dogs...no help.

Suggestions?

Effective poisons that can be administered?

Thanks in advance!

I had a run of feral cats that were invading our property from a nearby creek. I found that a pound of cheap burger mixed with finely crushed beer bottles and placed in strategic places around my yard worked quite well. No more cats for quite some time. I called it the buttwiper surprise.

I had a run of feral cats that were invading our property from a nearby creek. I found that a pound of cheap burger mixed with finely crushed beer bottles and placed in strategic places around my yard worked quite well. No more cats for quite some time. I called it the buttwiper surprise.
You absolute viking! lol!

I hate it when people leave their dogs outside. There is an older woman that lives across the street and her stupid dogs go nuts at 2:00 am because someone walks by. I'm torn between respecting my elders and standing outside the fence in my pj's and a blanket while her dogs go nuts. I'll stand there until she wakes up and comes outside. See, now we are both awake.

I didn't notice much for the first couple years as I worked at an office and then returned home in the evening.

However, with remote working I am now home consistently, and the barking is becoming ridiculous.

I have queried the city and they basically stated that unless the barking seriously interferes with sleep, affects health, and is after hours not a whole lot can be done.

I have also purchased an ultrasonic device with extender to help quiet the dogs...no help.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I hate it when people leave their dogs outside. There is an older woman that lives across the street and her stupid dogs go nuts at 2:00 am because someone walks by. I'm torn between respecting my elders and standing outside the fence in my pj's and a blanket while her dogs go nuts. I'll stand there until she wakes up and comes outside. See, now we are both awake.
I would never hurt the animals.

I love animals.

They are just untrained animals.

But I want to strangle the owner.

I would never hurt the animals.

I love animals.

They are just untrained animals.

But I want to strangle the owner.
I am not ok with any type of animal abuse.

It's the owners that need a beating. People leave their dogs out at night so they don't have to take them out. The rest of us are subjected to that decision.

Several people on my street have fenced in areas for their pets which in my opinion is how it should be. Doing that is what keeps the animals from being hit by whatever comes through which include the occasional ambulance/cop vehicle/fire truck. I don't live far from the hospital and emergency service building in my city and so my street is a short cut when going off in certain directions.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's not just people's pets you're angry at. Cruelty to animals usually indicates child abuse. Your signature and your avatar was an indication of your anger at everything, long before you owned up to being an animal abuser.

Do you feel like a big man now?
Do you get more out of harming cats than you get out of pulling the wings off of your housefly collection?

I am not ok with any type of animal abuse.

It's the owners that need a beating. People leave their dogs out at night so they don't have to take them out. The rest of us are subjected to that decision.
When police are called to a home on allegations of domestic violence, they first look at the condition of the dog chained up in the yard. It tells them what kind of fkng mess they're walking into.

When police are called to a home on allegations of domestic violence, they first look at the condition of the dog chained up in the yard. It tells them what kind of fkng mess they're walking into.
Is this your argument for why they should be outside? Because with DV, it's all about whether the pet is alive or dead.

It's not just people's pets you're angry at. Cruelty to animals usually indicates child abuse. Your signature and your avatar was an indication of your anger at everything, long before you owned up to being an animal abuser.

Do you feel like a big man now?
Do you get more out of harming cats than you get out of pulling the wings off of your housefly collection?
Fuck off duck. I shoot ducks and geese too. I've told you before, this ain't Canada. If you don't like it, stay in your own fucked up country and have your bank account seized because your fascist Turdeau wants to be king for a day. Where did I say anything about people's pets. You need an education because you either don't have a vocabulary or your reading comprehension is lacking. I believe it is every person's right to rid their property of vermin. Would you like to come for a visit?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
12 ga.
Kill the owners and someone will rescue the dogs in 2-3 days

Imagine YOU were raised without any limits. YOU annoy The fuck out of everyone around you.

Poison? First option right?
They're animals who weren't trained to behave LIKE YOU.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Tranqualizer darts.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Dude I would literally shoot you in the face for poisoning my dog you waste of skin.

Forum List

Back