In Your Opinion, What Would Create the Most Jobs?

Doesn't it make sense to lower corporate taxes? You know, entice businesses to want to do business here... The more people working the more income tax the Government will collect.

The corporations might be pleased to headquarter here. But they take the means of production overseas. Where's the American jobs then?

Build infrastructure. Water treatment plants. Waste water treatment plants. And the piping to distribute potable water and collect sewage.

Build highways which aid commerce. Rebuild crumbling bridges and via ducts.

These projects benefit everyone while creating jobs in design and over sight, construction, materials and distribution, and equipment sales and manufacture.

It's a win-win-win.

But what about all those overpaid American workers with their outlandish demands?

Aren't they just going to suck the life-blood out of the poor, put upon corporations that will be forced to hire them?
What outlandish demands? Health care benefits for themselves and their families? A decent wage for a decent days work?

The corporations might be pleased to headquarter here. But they take the means of production overseas. Where's the American jobs then?

Build infrastructure. Water treatment plants. Waste water treatment plants. And the piping to distribute potable water and collect sewage.

These projects benefit everyone while creating jobs in design and over sight, construction, materials and distribution, and equipment sales and manufacture.

It's a win-win-win.

But what about all those overpaid American workers with their outlandish demands?

Aren't they just going to suck the life-blood out of the poor, put upon corporations that will be forced to hire them?
What outlandish demands? Health care benefits for themselves and their families? A decent wage for a decent days work?

Yep those. ;)

It's a win-win-win.

Well how's Mister Corporate Big-Shot going to afford that 911 for his idiot kid's highschool graduation if he has to pay a bunch of no-good union workers a decent wage?

Drill baby drill.

that would create few jobs.

Conserve, conserve, conserve. Save our oil for later when it is $200/bbl.

1.2 million jobs, and billions in revenues/royalties for the U.S. Treasury.
there's just not enough oil within our reach to sustain our consumption. If you 'drill baby drill' types had full control and could drill in Central Park and the base of the Grand Canyon, we still would not have enough oil to sustain ourselves. Conservation MUST be part of the answer.

Well how's Mister Corporate Big-Shot going to afford that 911 for his idiot kid's highschool graduation if he has to pay a bunch of no-good union workers a decent wage?
Life sucks, don't it?

I can't afford a Porsche to satisfy my mid-life crisis. I have to make due with a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

And I have worked for thirty years now!

Life sucks, don't it?

I can't afford a Porsche to satisfy my mid-life crisis. I have to make due with a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

And I have worked for thirty years now!

Hey pal, you're preaching to the choir here.

The bubonic plague killing off about 1/3 of the population would certainly help the unemployment picture.

It was the primary cause of modern capitalism as we know it, after all.

Sure a lot of us would be dead, but the rest of us would have jobs many of which would be at a living wage, too.

You first.

I do my part.

I smoke cigarettes religiously, even when I'm sick.

Had I known suicide by cigarette was going to take this damned long, I'd have developed other more risky habits and death by misadventure hobbies.

The bubonic plague killing off about 1/3 of the population would certainly help the unemployment picture.

It was the primary cause of modern capitalism as we know it, after all.

Sure a lot of us would be dead, but the rest of us would have jobs many of which would be at a living wage, too.

Thanks for your helpful post... Once again...

Wait a minute.

You expected a REAL answer?

Okay.

I'm been bitching about FREE TRADE every since I got here.

END IT.

Rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure.

We currently have 70,000 bridges that are considered unsafe. Our electrical grid is one of the oldest in the world.

"One in seven bridges in the United States is functionally obsolete."
Bridge Collapse in Minnesota: Many Dead, Tens Injured, more Missing in Minneapolis Disaster

1994 La Cienaga Bridge
206372_lax.jpg

1989 Cypress Street
206375_sfo.jpg

Little progress since last year’s bridge collapse
One year after deadly Minneapolis accident, other spans still at risk
No rush to fix bridges since collapse - Life- msnbc.com

800px-I35W_Collapse_-_Day_4_-_Operations_%26_Scene_%2895%29.jpg

File:I35W Collapse - Day 4 - Operations & Scene (95).jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can anyone say they feel safe driving over America's old bridges after seeing pictures like this?

Tell me where have the billions collected each year in state and federal gas taxes that are supposed to be for infrastructure been going all these years that our roads are in such bad shape?

Before we put one more red cent into the graft corruption and waste machines that are the state and federal highway departments, I think we need an answer to that question don't you?

Rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure.

We currently have 70,000 bridges that are considered unsafe. Our electrical grid is one of the oldest in the world.

"One in seven bridges in the United States is functionally obsolete."
Bridge Collapse in Minnesota: Many Dead, Tens Injured, more Missing in Minneapolis Disaster

1994 La Cienaga Bridge
206372_lax.jpg

1989 Cypress Street
206375_sfo.jpg

Little progress since last year’s bridge collapse
One year after deadly Minneapolis accident, other spans still at risk
No rush to fix bridges since collapse - Life- msnbc.com

800px-I35W_Collapse_-_Day_4_-_Operations_%26_Scene_%2895%29.jpg

File:I35W Collapse - Day 4 - Operations & Scene (95).jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can anyone say they feel safe driving over America's old bridges after seeing pictures like this?

Tell me where have the billions collected each year in state and federal gas taxes that are supposed to be for infrastructure been going all these years that our roads are in such bad shape?

Before we put one more red cent into the graft corruption and waste machines that are the state and federal highway departments, I think we need an answer to that question don't you?

Sounds good to me.

A plague which wiped out all the populations of third world nations, India and China would create a lot of economic growth in the US. So would a calamity which destroyed China's growing industrial base.

Next down the list would be a major innovative breakthrough (as revolutionary as the internet) which allowed the US a brief period of dominance from our better technological edge.

As for Political solutions which might be enacted - get rid of Capital Gains tax, eliminate nearly all federal spending (Social Security and the Military both would get the ax), pay down the debt, and once again enforce antitrust laws. Make changes which give more leeway to small businesses, though that becomes a very long topic in itself.

that would create few jobs.

Conserve, conserve, conserve. Save our oil for later when it is $200/bbl.

1.2 million jobs, and billions in revenues/royalties for the U.S. Treasury.
there's just not enough oil within our reach to sustain our consumption. If you 'drill baby drill' types had full control and could drill in Central Park and the base of the Grand Canyon, we still would not have enough oil to sustain ourselves. Conservation MUST be part of the answer.

Let's say we could wave a magic wand and overnight conserve ourselves 60% of the oil we consume. We would then rely 100% on domestic production for our petroleum needs.

Would you still be against drilling?

Like I said- 1.2 million jobs added, billions in revenues to the Treasury.

No one in the U.S. petroleum industry believes that crude imports will ever be supplanted. They do however believe in conservation and the viability of alternatives and renewables, and the need for a sound energy policy that places hydrocarbons in the forefront where they belong (and will be 30 years from now regardless).

The goal is to replace imports with domestic oil production, create jobs here, and generate returns for investors and ultimately local, state, and federal tax coffers.

Currently the power to create money in this country rests in private hands, The Fed, Wall Street, and the US Treasury Dept. conspire to gain wealth for a few at the expense of bridges, levees, high-speed rail, and national health insurance.

The American Monetary Institute>"The Need for Monetary Reform" offers a three-step solution to massive job creation:

"First,incorporate the Federal Reserve System into the US Treasury where all new money is created by government as money not interest-bearing debt and spent into circulation to promote the general welfare...

"Second, halt the (private?) banks privilege to create money by ending the fractional reserve system...

"Third, spend the new money into circulation on infrastructure, including education and health care needed for a growing society, starting with the $1.6 trillion the American Society of Civil Engineers estimate is needed for infrastructure repairs, creating good jobs across our nation, re-invigorating local economies and re-funding government at all levels."

Forum List

Back