In the beginning...

Another interesting verse in the New Testament is that of Peter:

2 Peter 3:8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I believe that each day of that first light upon the earth was 1000 years.

Regarding Noah, what things do you find strange?

Recently, we've seen evidence that the universe has always existed. If true, there would be no need of gods to create much of anything cuz it was already here.

But if one does believe in the christian god, the bible says we all came from Noah's family screwing each other.

Genesis, virgin birth, Noah ... are we the product of incest, infanticide or what?

The other gods preach variations on the same stuff.

If it were the will of God that Adam and Noah and their families populate the earth, I think in this case incest was not looked down upon and was condoned by God.

I must add that I do believe that things have always existed and I am not a proponent of ex nihilo creation.

Another interesting verse in the New Testament is that of Peter:

2 Peter 3:8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I believe that each day of that first light upon the earth was 1000 years.

Regarding Noah, what things do you find strange?
Ark was 30 cubits high, water was 15 cubits deep. Ark would never get off the ground. Also the LORD shut the door, not Noah.

Sorry, no New Testament. God has me on the book of Job until he says otherwise.

Recently, we've seen evidence that the universe has always existed. If true, there would be no need of gods to create much of anything cuz it was already here.

But if one does believe in the christian god, the bible says we all came from Noah's family screwing each other.

Genesis, virgin birth, Noah ... are we the product of incest, infanticide or what?

If it were the will of God that Adam and Noah and their families populate the earth, I think in this case incest was not looked down upon and was condoned by God.

I must add that I do believe that things have always existed and I am not a proponent of ex nihilo creation.
My take is we do not understand what reproduction was in that era.

If what you're saying is true, incest is okay if it serves an agenda. Sorry but that is really lame and makes children the victim. And, I just hate that whole Cafeteria Christian thing.

You're saying that a couple thousand years ago that screwing was not screwing?
How do you think they reproduced?

What about long before that?

Or are you one of those who thinks the earth is only a few thousand years old and discounts ancient civilizations and religions?

I did a search for the 15 cubits and found this verse:

Gen 7:20
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Could this mean that the water was 15 cubits over the highest mountain and not 15 cubits from the ground? Not sure where they are measuring the 15 cubits from.

If what you're saying is true, incest is okay if it serves an agenda. Sorry but that is really lame and makes children the victim. And, I just hate that whole Cafeteria Christian thing.

Or are you one of those who thinks the earth is only a few thousand years old and discounts ancient civilizations and religions?
You live in a world no bigger than a small box, Luddly. I wish you would open your eyes, and your mind.

I did a search for the 15 cubits and found this verse:

Gen 7:20
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Could this mean that the was 15 cubits over the highest mountain and not 15 cubits from the ground? Not sure where they are measuring the 15 cubits from.
Quite trying to understand it and read it for what it is, the word of God. Only then will understanding come.

Does the phrase, "In the beginning" in Genesis chapter 1 refer to the beginning of the creation of this earth or does it refer to the beginning of everything that ever exists outside of God himself?

I the beginning there was gas. Billions of years later stars formed but not our sun or earth. That didn't happen for another 10 billion years.

Gen 7:18-20

18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

it seems to me that unless the ark stuck up above the highest mountain, the waters would have been above the height of the ship according to the verse above.

Gen 7:18-20

18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

it seems to me that unless the ark stuck up above the highest mountain, the waters would have been above the height of the ship according to the verse above.
When you see a miracle. When you see all that you take for reality pushed aside and the hand of God act upon the earth you go back to the Bible with a whole new thirst for understanding.

If you take the lowest point on earth and compare it to the highest, I believe the difference is greater than 15 cubits. So for the water to prevail 15 cubits and still cover the highest mountain, it must have not had its lowest point of measurement be the lowest point on the earth.

If you take the lowest point on earth and compare it to the highest, I believe the difference is greater than 15 cubits. So for the water to prevail 15 cubits and still cover the highest mountain, it must have not had its lowest point of measurement be the lowest point on the earth.
I take it to say the water was 15 cubits across the whole earth. Does it really matter though?

Does the phrase, "In the beginning" in Genesis chapter 1 refer to the beginning of the creation of this earth or does it refer to the beginning of everything that ever exists outside of God himself?

I the beginning there was gas. Billions of years later stars formed but not our sun or earth. That didn't happen for another 10 billion years.

Sounds very evolutionary. What evidences do we have for this?

You live in a world no bigger than a small box, Luddly. I wish you would open your eyes, and your mind.

Says the Cafeteria Christian who refuses to see anything beyond what he's told to believe but who didn't have the balls to stick with the very question he himself asked. Very cowardly and VERY closed minded.

These conversations always go the same way. The "christians" always talk about how superior they are for having closed minds. Then they start squabbling among themselves - a pissing contest to prove who can copy/paste the most bible verses and win the trophy of being the best christian.

I take it to say the water was 15 cubits across the whole earth. Does it really matter though?

When you say 15 cubits across the whole earth, what does that mean? I have to run and pick up my kids, so I will have to sign off for now. Lets continue this later.

Says the Cafeteria Christian who refuses to see anything beyond what he's told to believe but who didn't have the balls to stick with the very question he himself asked. Very cowardly and VERY closed minded.

These conversations always go the same way. The "christians" always talk about how superior they are for having closed minds. Then they start squabbling among themselves - a pissing contest to prove who can copy/paste the most bible verses and win the trophy of being the best christian.
First of all I have stated many times I am not a Christian. Do you know how to type but not to read?

Forum List

Back