In Memory

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
In memory of all those who lost their lives to the sneak attack by the Empire of Japan 68 years ago today.

And in memory of all of our servicemen who took up the battle thereafter to help preserve our freedoms and our way of life.

In memory of all those who lost their lives to the sneak attack by the Empire of Japan 68 years ago today.

And in memory of all of our servicemen who took up the battle thereafter to help preserve our freedoms and our way of life.

Amen. My prayers for all the servicemen and women and families on this anniversary.

Interesting pictures and Sequence of Events of that weekend and into the next week.

December 7, 1941 - Japanese Bomb Pearl Harbor

My Father was in the Air Force and rode in the turrets underneath the planes. I remember having him over for dinner one evening and watching the movie Memphis Bell. He had so much to talk about seeing all of those planes.

Interesting pictures and Sequence of Events of that weekend and into the next week.

My Father was in the Air Force and rode in the turrets underneath the planes. I remember having him over for dinner one evening and watching the movie Memphis Bell. He had so much to talk about seeing all of those planes.

If he's still around, convey our thanks to him. This thread is about him and all the other people very much like him.

If he's no longer around, I trust that you are proud of him. Accept the memorial in his honor, please. Let this thread be just another candle lit in his memory, with our thanks.

And thank you for "getting" it.

If he's still around, convey our thanks to him. This thread is about him and all the other people very much like him.

If he's no longer around, I trust that you are proud of him. Accept the memorial in his honor, please. Let this thread be just another candle lit in his memory, with our thanks.

He's gone now, 85 when he died. I am and was always proud of him. Thanks. :)

There's a smiley there but I cried when I posted the memory.

Its amazing the sacrifices young boys made in that war

Its amazing the sacrifices young boys made in that war
That holds for all wars. The young fight because they are the best at fighting, and they tend to pay a price for the rest of their life IF they survive. Serving in a war makes people reconsider the costs paid and more reluctant to engage senselessly because they have seen what happens in a war.

*The Greatest Generation*

Their fight is their lagacy to the rest of us. I salute ALL of them, then, and now.

God Bless America!

*AGAIN*

3damericanflaglooping.jpg

Last edited:

My uncle was on a ship in the Pacific near the end of the war, he was very interesting to talk to. I also took care of a guy who talked about arriving in Normandie two days after the battle, I loved talking to him.

My Grandmother turned 15 the day of Pearl Harbor, every year she talks about how she went to the movies and when they came out everyone was in the streets talking about the attacks.

The Japanese treachery forced the US to drop millions of bombs on Japan and then Japan surrendered, used all that steel lying all over the place and made millions of cars which they dropped in the US.

My uncle was on a ship in the Pacific near the end of the war, he was very interesting to talk to. I also took care of a guy who talked about arriving in Normandie two days after the battle, I loved talking to him.

My Grandmother turned 15 the day of Pearl Harbor, every year she talks about how she went to the movies and when they came out everyone was in the streets talking about the attacks.

:salute::salute::salute:

The History Channel ran some excellent documentaries today. One was "Conspiracy" about Americans who wanted to blame Germany for the attacks, and the other was "Lost Evidence" which is new archived film. Fascinating stuff.

My father served in the tail end of WWII, his brother in law served throughout the war and earned the silver star for flying into enemy territory to save our soldiers that were downed.

My father would never talk about what he did in any of the "wars". But he was sure proud of his brother in law. My father had many medals he'd earned as well...my brother has them now along with the flag from his funeral. God Bless all our military and their families.

My Salute to him.

Thanks. He was such a good person but also a really funny guy as well. I will never forget that man's laugh.

Thank you for your service as well. You can talk about it here.

Forum List

Back