In Landmark Ruling, Court Says Japan's Ban On Same-Sex Marriage Is Unconstitutional

I believe that gay people and straight people are different.

Both have their own peculiarities.

A few gay activists have, in fact, criticized gay marriage.

Those activists say that gay people should stop trying to copy the ways of straight people.

I personally believe (as I tried to explain in my first post) that everyone is happier when (a) society stops persecuting gay people, (b) when gay people stay in the closet, (c) gay people refrain from copying straight people's culture, and (d) one's sexuality is a non-issue in society.

Your assertions that "everyone is happier" when gay people stay in the closet and refrain from "copying straight people's culture" (whatever that consists of) show that one's sexuality is clearly an issue in society.

BTW: heterosexual life isn't so damned wonderful, anyway. Look at people like Larry Elder, not to mention the Taliban and fundies of other faiths, who insist on spewing hatred toward heterosexuals of the other sex. Is this part of your "straight culture"? It's nothing to be proud of.

Yes reason prevails in America. The majority supports same sex marriage

Even here in relentlessly left wrong-wing California, when the issue was put to a vote of the people, twice, the people overwhelmingly rejected this sickness both times. It took corrupt faggot judges to overturn the clearly-expressed will of the people, and to impose this degeneracy on us that we solidly rejected.

Seriously.

I know that there are some members who denounce gay relations.

That is their right to do so.

But I really do not understand why a few members have so harshly criticized a certain contributor to this thread.

From what I have read, that contributor simply believes that gay people should NOT be persecuted. And I agree 100% with him.

When it comes to gay marriage, I can understand why many people (including that contributor) feel that gay people should be able to marry just as straight people do.

As another contributor reminded me, many straight marriages are hardly beautiful. Look at the divorces and nasty child-custody fights.

No doubt some gay relationships are more stable than straight marriages.

And when gays are faced with messy divorces and alimony, maybe some gays will decide that marriage is, after all, not that great.

A Japanese court ruled on Wednesday that the government's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional

The Japanese did not take the news well ...

pearl-harbor-gettyimages-2660129-.jpg

Forum List

Back