In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

I never said there were not self-defeating consequences for selling it at certain prices. I simply asserted that they can in fact sell at whatever price they want lol
If they are selling below market price they won't be in business very long and their CEO's and boards would face civil and criminal charges for failing in their fiduciary responsibility after they are summarily fired of course.

I never said there were not self-defeating consequences for selling it at certain prices. I simply asserted that they can in fact sell at whatever price they want lol
No they can't, dumbass. What part of "no sales will occur" didn't you understand? All they can do is slap a price tag on it. They can't actually sell it at the price on the price tag.

No they can't, dumbass. What part of "no sales will occur" didn't you understand? All they can do is slap a price tag on it. They can't actually sell it at the price on the price tag.
Nope, they can still charge whatever they want. I mean shit dude. This isn’t hard to figure out lol

Nope, they can still charge whatever they want. I mean shit dude. This isn’t hard to figure out lol
No they really can't or they can end up fired and/or in prison and sued into bankruptcy.

CEO's and boards have a legal responsibility to protect stockholders.

How many times do you have to be told before you understand what "no sales will occur" means? There will be no transactions at a price above the market price. That is unless you mean something other by the word "charge" than writing a number on a worthless piece of paper.

If they are selling below market price they won't be in business very long and their CEO's and boards would face civil and criminal charges for failing in their fiduciary responsibility after they are summarily fired of course.
Yeah dude no shit. What part of “self-defeating” did you not catch that I said? I am simply saying that they have a choice to sell at whatever price they want.

How many times do you have to be told before you understand what "no sales will occur" means? There will be no transactions at a price above the market price. That is unless you mean something other by the word "charge" than writing a number on a worthless piece of paper.
Wholesalers set the price by bidding on the available product.

People who have no clue how businesses work should learn to shut up a lot.

Yeah dude no shit. What part of “self-defeating” did you not catch that I said? I am simply saying that they have a choice to sell at whatever price they want.
Dumbass, that's not simply self defeating it would be self destructing.

Because they aren't charging "whatever the fuck they want".
How are you people this dense? I keep agreeing that there self defeating consequences to what prices they choose. That doesn’t somehow mean they don’t have full authority to charge whatever they want regardless of whether or not there are consequences.

No they really can't or they can end up fired and/or in prison and sued into bankruptcy.

CEO's and boards have a legal responsibility to protect stockholders.
It's categorically impossible for them to sell at a price above the market price. That is, so long as we aren't talking about the characters in "Dumb and Dumber."

Last edited:
How are you people this dense? I keep agreeing that there self defeating consequences to what prices they choose. That doesn’t somehow mean they don’t have full authority to charge whatever they want regardless of whether or not there are consequences.
They aren't just self defeating, dumbass. Selling above the market price is categorically impossible. That is, so long as humans aren't all brain damaged. Who is going to buy gas that costs $100/gal?

Okay well you can cry about semantics all day if you want but the fact remains they still have full authority over what they can set their prices at.
Yes, they have full authority to pretend that are running a business. They can also pretend they have a pink unicorn.

Okay well you can cry about semantics all day if you want but the fact remains they still have full authority over what they can set their prices at.
You're being an idiot. That's like saying you can drive a 100mph in a school zone without considering the consequences of getting caught doing so by police.

Pricing below market would cause them to be immediately fired and have charges and lawsuits filed against them.

Last edited:
They aren't just self defeating, dumbass. Selling above the market price is categorically impossible. That is, so long as humans aren't all brain damaged. Who is going to buy gas that costs $100/gal?
God how are you this dense? See I think you know exactly what I am saying and it makes perfect sense but you want to pretend otherwise because you feel the need to make the incredibly obvious point that there are economic consequences to what they choose to sell the product at. Except that you may have noticed that absolutely no one in this thread disagrees with that premise lol

God how are you this dense? See I think you know exactly what I am saying and it makes perfect sense but you want to pretend otherwise because you feel the need to make the incredibly obvious point that there are economic consequences to what they choose to sell the product at. Except that you may have noticed that absolutely no one in this thread disagrees with that premise lol
You're talking out of your ass and flailing to defend it after being properly called out for your idiocy.

It makes perfect sense to imbeciles. You still don't understand the meaning of the phrase "no sales will occur." It's not just a matter of "economic consequences." It's a categorical impossibility. It's like trying to draw a triangle with four sides. Writing a number on a piece of paper is a pointless exercise if nothing is going to happen as a result, and I mean NOTHING.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back