In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

No, that's not "gouging". That's just supply and demand. Maybe you just don't like free markets?
There’s only one way to get the highest Q1 profits on record. Setting the price way too high. Especially if you’re claiming there is some sort of shortage. That would just make my case even clearer as that record profit was made on the sale of gas at lower volumes.

There’s only one way to get the highest Q1 profits on record. Setting the price way too high. Especially if you’re claiming there is some sort of shortage. That would just make my case even clearer as that record profit was made on the sale of gas at lower volumes.
So where's the crime, moron? Oil companies don't set the price. The laws of supply and demand do.

If they are selling below market price they won't be in business very long and their CEO's and boards would face civil and criminal charges for failing in their fiduciary responsibility after they are summarily fired of course.
While conversely selling above market price leads to record level profits. Of course.

It seems that liberals tend to come at economics from the perspective that value and price are objective measures, and they're just not. They're entirely subjectively. How much something is worth is matter of opinion - specifically the opinion of the buyer and the seller. If they can agree on that value, they'll trade. If they can't, they won't.

I don't know why that concept is so hard for them to absorb. I suppose it all starts with Marx.

It seems that liberals tend to come at economics from the perspective that value and price are objective measures, and they're just not. They're entirely subjectively. How much something is worth is matter of opinion - specifically the opinion of the buyer and the seller. If they can agree on that value, they'll trade. If they can't, they won't.

I don't know why that concept is so hard for them to absorb. I suppose it all starts with Marx.
Liberals know as much as much about economics as any yokel on the street.

Ahh.. you just don't understand free markets. Tell me - how do you know when a price for something is "too high"?
What's your criteria?
Umm…
When the price of crude drops 20% but the price at the pump remains the same?

Record profits are evidence that the market price is higher now than they were in the past. The price oil sells at is the market price, you fucking moron.
We’re talking about the price at the pump, dope. The price of crude is down 20%.

There is no such thing as surplus profit. It's called net income from production and it is NOT 'surplus.' It is the very reason to produce valued products and services in the first place. Let that sink in.

Now, imagine the workers in the collective all vote to split that net income equally among themselves. What is the incentive to make their collective competitive? Will the workers seek to excel? Why should one worker decide to work harder than everyone else when that worker will not see more net income than the lazy worker?
dude, that is a philosophy unknown to a demofk. Just saying. clueless is their middle and last names, oh, and first name.

Umm…
so in your world the local guy has to take a loss? What's the timeframe for that product, dropped by 20%, to make it to market? Come on Einstein, let's see your brilliance.

Umm…
Yeah, when that happens, how do you know when the price is too high and when it isn't? Are you assuming that there is an objectively "correct" price? If so, how do you determine that price?

Forum List

Back