In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

Its the concept of surplus value of labor in marxism.

According to Marx's theory, surplus value is equal to the new value created by workers in excess of their own labor-cost, which is appropriated by the capitalist as profit when products are sold.

Now, if you decide the equally distribute the surplus among workers, then there are consequencies just as your describe. If workers make the decision, they need to weigh all the pros and cons just as always.
The Capitalist creates the product, builds the factory, finds clients, etc. The workers get paid for their work, and excess revenue goes to the Capitalist. If the capitalist just takes all the excess revenue and doesn't re-invest any of it into the factory, that factory will eventually cease to exist. A worker gets paid commensurate with their value as a worker. Not all workers contribute labor equally and there is no reason why one worker shouldn't be paid more for contributing more value.

You claimed they control the price of their product. Than you admited they can only sell it for the price people are willing to pay.
Uhh yeah the max they are willing to sell. That’s pretty high considering that their product is a human necessity. That creates a broad range. Hell if they WANTED to they could sell for 5 cents a gallon. That range goes all the way up to X amount of dollars.

You're getting all hopped up with your desire to blame Biden, and completely missing the point of my comment. I'm not saying his polices haven't caused the rise in gas prices. Obviously they have. I'm saying that the price hikes are not "gouging". They're simply a legitimate reaction to market conditions. They don't warrant the law in question. Republicans were right to vote against it. It's just more free-shit grandstanding by Dems.
I said nothing about Biden. I asked to which market conditions allow for both the high cost of crude and record profits simultaneously. The only variable that allows for that is pricing. Gouging to be exact. It’s especially apparent as the cost of crude drops but the price does not.

I said nothing about Biden. I asked to which market conditions allow for both the high cost of crude and record profits simultaneously. The only variable that allows for that is pricing. Gouging to be exact. It’s especially apparent as the cost of crude drops but the price does not.
No, that's not "gouging". That's just supply and demand. Maybe you just don't like free markets?

are you serious right now?

Uhh yeah the max they are willing to sell. That’s pretty high considering that their product is a human necessity. That creates a broad range. Hell if they WANTED to they could sell for 5 cents a gallon. That range goes all the way up to X amount of dollars.
You don't get it: They don't control the price. You already admitted that. They can't sell it for $100/gal. End of story.

lol yes obviously they do control the price. Just because there is a limit to it, does not somehow mean they don’t have control over the price.
Yeah, it does mean they don't control the price, dumbass.

You just admitted they don't control the price. If they did, they could charge $100/gal. "There's a limit to it" is just another way of saying they don't control the price.

You just don't get this economic shit, do you?

You don't get this logic shit either, for that matter.

You just admitted they don't control the price. If they did, they could charge $100/gal. "There's a limit to it" is just another way of saying they don't control the price.

Lol hey moron, they can still charge whatever the fuck they want regardless of any consequences. You do get that right? There is not some unseen mystical force preventing them from doing that. They choose not to for practical reasons.

He's a liberal, he'll never understand economics.

Lol hey moron, they can still charge whatever the fuck they want regardless of any consequences. You do get that right? There is not some unseen mystical force preventing them from doing that.
Yeah, they can charge whatever they want, other than any price above the point where the supply curve crosses the demand curve. The consequences of that are that no sales occur if they charge above the point where the supply curve crosses the demand curve. Any price above that point means no sales occur. In other words, he can't change whatever price he wants.

How many different ways does this have to be explained before it penetrates your thick skull?

What your saying is that he can ignore the laws of economics so long as he doesn't ignore the laws of economics.

You're a boob.

Yeah, they can charge whatever they want, other than any price above the point where the supply curve crosses the demand curve. The consequences of that are that no sales occur if they charge above the point where the supply curve crosses the demand curve. Any price above that point means no sales occur. In other words, he can't change whatever price he wants.

How many different ways does this have to be explained before it penetrates your thick skull?

What your saying is that he can ignore the laws of economics so long as he doesn't ignore the laws of economics.

You're a boob.
I never said there were not self-defeating consequences for selling it at certain prices. I simply asserted that they can in fact sell at whatever price they want lol

Forum List

Back