CDZ Impeach or Censure

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Will the House Democrats vote to impeach Trump? Seems risky if they do, assuming enough Dems in red or purple states vote 'YES'. For in doing so, they open themselves up for criticism from the GOP for trying to invalidate the 2016 election with no actual evidence. AND, then the issue goes to the GOP-controlled Senate, who can and will subpoena their own witnesses, including the Bidens and others that will make the Dems look very bad indeed. Not to mention others, such as Schiff and the whistleblower himself.

In an election year next year, would the Dems want their Senators running for re-election or for president stuck in the Senate chambers attending the trial? Would they instead not attend, opening themselves up for criticism from their own hard left? What are all the moderates and independents going to think about the Dems who promised to work on other issues that were important to the voters, but instead wasted their time trying to impeach Trump knowing full well the GOP-controlled Senate is not going to remove him from office?

It's hard to see that happening IMHO. I think instead we'll see the House Dems vote to censure Trump for trying to use the foreign aid to the Ukraine as leverage to get them to provide dirt on Joe Biden. Never mind that they really don't have a solid case, or the fact the Biden himself is guilty of essentially the same damn thing, or that 3 Dem Senators are also guilty of the same thing too. Are they (Dems) that stupid, to hold an impeachment vote? Maybe it boils down to how much control (fear) the Democrats have for their far left.
Primaries aren't that far away.

The Democrat base will rebel if they don;t go for impeachment, even though most of the base know it's a scam.

Will the House Democrats vote to impeach Trump? Seems risky if they do, assuming enough Dems in red or purple states vote 'YES'. For in doing so, they open themselves up for criticism from the GOP for trying to invalidate the 2016 election with no actual evidence. AND, then the issue goes to the GOP-controlled Senate, who can and will subpoena their own witnesses, including the Bidens and others that will make the Dems look very bad indeed. Not to mention others, such as Schiff and the whistleblower himself.

In an election year next year, would the Dems want their Senators running for re-election or for president stuck in the Senate chambers attending the trial? Would they instead not attend, opening themselves up for criticism from their own hard left? What are all the moderates and independents going to think about the Dems who promised to work on other issues that were important to the voters, but instead wasted their time trying to impeach Trump knowing full well the GOP-controlled Senate is not going to remove him from office?

It's hard to see that happening IMHO. I think instead we'll see the House Dems vote to censure Trump for trying to use the foreign aid to the Ukraine as leverage to get them to provide dirt on Joe Biden. Never mind that they really don't have a solid case, or the fact the Biden himself is guilty of essentially the same damn thing, or that 3 Dem Senators are also guilty of the same thing too. Are they (Dems) that stupid, to hold an impeachment vote? Maybe it boils down to how much control (fear) the Democrats have for their far left.
#1) I hear the first person they plan to subpoena in the Judiciary Committee hearings is Adam Schiff. For having the guts to bring the President's criminality to light.
#2) The Dems are not trying to invalidate the 2016 election. Trump has earned his just desserts all on his own.
#3) The impeachment trial won't make any big changes in the polls; you are dreaming to think that a large part of this country's voters will switch in retaliation or disgust.

In Ancient Greece one of the rules of their democracy was that any voter was able to offer up a suggested law. If it was voted down, however, he could be hanged. It seems to me that is what is happening here.

Last edited:
Will the House Democrats vote to impeach Trump
Yes, they will, they must. If they follow the law and the Constitution their hands are tied.

The republicans in the senate may go for the censure option in an attempt to save face.

It will fail, they have no face left to save. It's all buried deep in tRump's ass.

My guess is Piloshiti and the vermin of the Stalinist party will censure. Sending this to the Senate would be a disaster for the Communists. The Republicans will tear them to shreds. If the vermin traitors censure, they can ensure the affair never leaves the house, which they control until Jan. 2021.

My guess is Piloshiti and the vermin of the Stalinist party will censure. Sending this to the Senate would be a disaster for the Communists. The Republicans will tear them to shreds. If the vermin traitors censure, they can ensure the affair never leaves the house, which they control until Jan. 2021.

They look like fools, and they will continue to look like fools no matter which way they go.

They have no good options left. They've painted themselves into a corner. If they vote to impeach, they'll lose in the Senate and in 2020.
If they vote to censure, everyone will know they don't have anything for which to impeach him.
Either way they're screwed.

Yes, it is really risky for the law to mean the same thing for/to all of us.

Censure? I have not heard of this before, for a President. A statement saying "Bad boy?"" After how many days and weeks and months of work and effort to compile evidence, they are going to say "That wasn't nice?"

I mean, okay, but I wish if that was going to be the outcome that they had discussed it for a day or two in chambers and done it two months ago.

They have no good options left. They've painted themselves into a corner. If they vote to impeach, they'll lose in the Senate and in 2020.
If they vote to censure, everyone will know they don't have anything for which to impeach him.

Three strikes and they're out.

1) Russian collusion.

2) Kavanaugh (indirectly aimed at Trump).

3) Impeachment.

America is screwed "either" way, yeah, and we all participated in the demise.

#1) I hear the first person they plan to subpoena in the Judiciary Committee hearings is Adam Schiff. For having the guts to bring the President's criminality to light.
#2) The Dems are not trying to invalidate the 2016 election. Trump has earned his just desserts all on his own.
#3) The impeachment trial won't make any big changes in the polls; you are dreaming to think that a large part of this country's voters will switch in retaliation or disgust.

In Ancient Greece one of the rules of their democracy was that any voter was able to offer up a suggested law. If it was voted down, however, he could be hanged. It seems to me that is what is happening here.
Yeah.....this is some really twisted shit.

You actually think that Democrats are the victims here!!!

Three strikes and they're out.

1) Russian collusion.

2) Kavanaugh (indirectly aimed at Trump).

3) Impeachment.

Actually it is the american people who are the idiots for allowing spectacle and illusion to rule the day.

No, the unsubstantial people across this land are the victims. Never mind that, pick a side, perpetuate the madness.

Speak for yourself. I support the guy who is actually doing something for the country. What have the Democrats done besides try to drive Trump out of office?

Speak for yourself. I support the guy who is actually doing something for the country. What have the Democrats done besides try to drive Trump out of office?

I'm sorry, I'm not part of the "lessor of two evils" duopoly paradigm. Don had two years with majorities in both houses. See any immigration legislation? Of course you didn't. Obama had the same in his first two years.

You "speak for yourself" by glomming onto the party you deem "least corrupt" if ya like.

No, the unsubstantial people across this land are the victims. Never mind that, pick a side, perpetuate the madness.
Picking a side sometimes means standing up to oppression from leftists.

Picking a side sometimes means standing up to oppression from leftists.
Being a partisanshithead requires faith in oppression that your side can roll out onto the public.

Now why would Adam Schiff have a problem testifying under oath for the Senate, Old Lady? Because he's going to be asked questions he doesn't want to answer?

Forum List

Back