Impeach Bush, Great Meme During War!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2007/02/the_impeachment.html

The Impeachment Meme

Allah posts video of a peace please! group calling for Patty Murray of Washington State to be arrested for war crimes, because she hasn't done enough to stop the war. The problem with this below is that they don't need a chain reaction.

The Sheehan crowd’s energized because a bill calling for Bush’s impeachment has been introduced in the Washington state senate and will be given a public hearing on Thursday. The moonbats are expected to be out in force to pressure the legislature into passing it and hopefully start a chain reaction in other blue states cuminating(sic) in the mother of all political headaches for Nancy Pelosi (and Hillary, Obama, etc).​

As I posted in January with regard to Keith Ellison, who launched a similar bill as a state representative - and could now receive it as he's in the House: they only need one state resolution and one member of the House to accept it. They'd likely claim they were dragged into it by the Jefferson Manual. A chain reaction would exert more political pressure, but it isn't required.

This is an accepted form of launching Impeachment proceedings, per The Jefferson Manual. A Representative from the state that sends up such a resolution to Congress only need acknowledge its receipt to launch impeachment proceedings.

In the House there are various methods of setting an impeachment in motion: by charges made on the floor on the responsibility of a Member or Delegate; by charges preferred by a memorial, which is usually referred to a committee for examination; by a resolution dropped in the hopper by a Member and referred to a committee; by a message from the President; by charges transmitted from the legislature of a State or territory or from a grand jury; or from facts developed and reported by an investigating committee of the House. (here)

The Jefferson Manual, rules used by the U.S. House, allows for impeachment to be begun in this manner. It only takes one state legislature. No governor is needed. One Congress Member, from the same state or any other, is needed to essentially acknowledge receipt of the state's petition. Then impeachment begins. (here)

Back to a quote from AM:

Last year the state legislatures of California, Minnesota, Illinois, and Vermont introduced but did not pass resolutions to send impeachment to the U.S. House.

Any of those resolutions need only be re-introduced and passed in a new state legislative year. So, while the same might be said for a number Democrats in Congress, as Bush continues to try and lead the fight in the GWOT, ironically, it could be the first Muslim elected to Congress who used a Koran once owned, but ultimately repudiated, by Thomas Jefferson in his private swearing in ceremony, who ends up most uniquely positioned to tie Bush and his administration up in the legal wrangling such a process would necessitate.​

Impeachment and the war are unrelated. Democrats were circulating the first impeachment petitions the day after the November 2000 election, before Bush had even taken office, much less changed the government's course on Islamic terrorists.

When we were attacked on Sept. 11, 2001, they simply seized on Bush's subsequent actions as new excuses to continue their impeachment efforts.

Their efforts had no more basis in reality after 9/11, than before. An irrelevance which continues to this day.

If a president creates a war, shouldn't he be held liable for doing so?
Hitler also started a war. Look what happened to him.

Contrary to the opinion of the fast left wackos, President Bush didn't cause 9/11.

We didn't start the war. we are just making sure it ends with us as the winners.

If a president creates a war, shouldn't he be held liable for doing so?
Hitler also started a war. Look what happened to him.

Yes, if a President starts a war he should be held responsible. But thanks to our forefathers that wrote the constitution, it is an impossibility for a United States President to start a war. Congress starts wars, the President calls the shot after it is started. Hitler wasn't a President, he was a dictator.

What if the president gains authority to start a war through blatant lies and misinformation? This is what happened in Iraq. Bush misled Congress, for his own personal gain.

Contrary to the opinion of the fast left wackos, President Bush didn't cause 9/11.
He certainly did nothing to stop it from happening. Mostly because Sept. 11 benefitted the Bush agenda, which was to avenge his daddy by taking out Saddam Hussein. It also gave rise to his alleged "war on terror," which has been his primary operating plan since. Sept. 11 was the greatest day of the Bush presidency.

We didn't start the war. we are just making sure it ends with us as the winners.

How do you figure that? Who invaded who here? The United States invaded and occupied a sovereign nation that did not attack us, had no plans to attack us and offered no threat to us.

How do you figure that? Who invaded who here? The United States invaded and occupied a sovereign nation that did not attack us, had no plans to attack us and offered no threat to us.

For argument sake only, if the United States did in fact invade Iraq, why don't you just change Congressmen that encouraged the invasion, and tell the next ones to get the CIA to get the facts straight before they invade another country? Bush listened to the Representatives for a year and a half, which by the way included as many Democrats as Republicans, before they talked him into going into Iraq. Kerry and Hilbillery both encouraged him to go.

For argument sake only, if the United States did in fact invade Iraq, why don't you just change Congressmen that encouraged the invasion, and tell the next ones to get the CIA to get the facts straight before they invade another country? Bush listened to the Representatives for a year and a half, which by the way included as many Democrats as Republicans, before they talked him into going into Iraq. Kerry and Hilbillery both encouraged him to go.

How can you say that the U.S. did not invade Iraq? That is like say that the moon landing or the Holocaust never happened. We invaded a sovereign country without a valid reason. Other than to avenge what Saddam said about Bush's daddy.
Now let's talk about WHY Congress encouraged the invasion. It is because Bush outright LIED to them. Lied about WMD, lied about implied threats, lied about Iraq's alleged involvement in Sept. 11. Bush is a habitual liar who sold the Congress a bill of goods.
Bush had the invasion planned from the first day of his presidency. Which is why, in the time period after Sept. 11, he sent 10,000 troops to Afghanistan and 120,000 to Iraq. More lies and deception.

Hmmm..I thought that before 9/11 North Korea was the big news item of the day. There is only ONE item of misinformation that Bush told Congress, who in turn learned it from Intelligence. That is Saddam was trying to get uranium from Niger. It wasn't a lie, or MISLEADING....Congress has every right to investigate all matters too. This rumor wasn't started by our intelligence in the first place. It was started by either Russia or France. And don't confuse WMD's with Nukes solely. They also mean chemical and biological weapons, which Saddam clearly had, and used in the past. Post 9/11 was not a time to screw with America. Saddam was told what SEVERAL COUNTRIES thought he had, and he in turn wouldn't let weapons Inspectors in....Matter of fact, he kicked them out. He looked guilty as hell. That's why I have no problems with the invasion. None whatsoever. You don't toy with the strongest nation in the world right after it was attacked. Very stupid. Yes they never found any weapons. Hell....They never found O.J. guilty either. It wasn't news we were invading. He had months to move them, IF he had them. Again IF is WAYYYYYY besides the point now. Impeaching Bush is a FARCE. Ridiculous. Now we can't leave because then Iraq is up for grabs. I know a lot of Bush haters truly hope Iraq is taken over by a terrorist regime. They truly do. This way they can say he was a grave failure....Guess what ignorant.....If Bush looses....So do you....Your still Americans.....Na....Your Democrats. I forgot...Somewhere along the lines, you receded from the Union:eusa_snooty:

How can you say that the U.S. did not invade Iraq? That is like say that the moon landing or the Holocaust never happened. We invaded a sovereign country without a valid reason. Other than to avenge what Saddam said about Bush's daddy.
Now let's talk about WHY Congress encouraged the invasion. It is because Bush outright LIED to them. Lied about WMD, lied about implied threats, lied about Iraq's alleged involvement in Sept. 11. Bush is a habitual liar who sold the Congress a bill of goods.
Bush had the invasion planned from the first day of his presidency. Which is why, in the time period after Sept. 11, he sent 10,000 troops to Afghanistan and 120,000 to Iraq. More lies and deception.

iraq invaded kuwait...withdrew...sigend a truce..violated the truce and 18 UN resolutions...that is why saddam was invaded....

the wmd intelligence came from mr tennant a clinton apointee that said....and i quote wmds are a slam dunk.....bush didn't lie clinton's buddies lied

clinton had invasion plans for iraq....the pentagon has invasion plans for every country on the planet.....

do you want to withdraw and leave them to kill each other...just as big bill did with rawanda?

I'm sure you watched, read, or received the news that we are in Iraq, but what part of your brain doesn't let you understand the reason why??? It has been explained to you many times.

I know EXACTLY why the U.S. is in Iraq:
During the first Gulf War, Saddam spouted off and disrespected Daddy Bush. This did not make him popular among members of the Bush family. When Shrub Bush was elected, his first order of business was to get back at Saddam. Which he outlined at his first Cabinet meeting. In his best Brando voice:
"You dirty rat! I'll get you for what you did to my daddy!"
Shrub Bush had little success pushing his huge defense packages through Congress. Until the magical day of Sept. 11. That expression you see on Bush's face when Andrew Card advises him of the attack?
"This is curtains for you, Saddam! I'll get you and your little dog, too!"
So Shrub goes off to Congress and tells all sorts of stories about WMD and how Saddam has been sleeping with Osama bin Laden. Congress believes all the lies. And has regretted it ever since.

During the first Gulf War, Saddam spouted off and disrespected Daddy Bush. This did not make him popular among members of the Bush family. When Shrub Bush was elected, his first order of business was to get back at Saddam. Which he outlined at his first Cabinet meeting. In his best Brando voice:"You dirty rat! I'll get you for what you did to my daddy!"

First of all, that quote was contributed to James Cagney, (which he didn't say) not Brando. On the bright side though, I'm quite sure you could get a spot on some comedian's show, maybe Leno? Have you sent Hollywood any of your comedy skits? Many years ago I had a few connections out there. Maybe I could look them up and help get you started, because you sure are funny. Keep up the good work, we need to laugh once in a while.

First of all, that quote was contributed to James Cagney, (which he didn't say) not Brando. On the bright side though, I'm quite sure you could get a spot on some comedian's show, maybe Leno? Have you sent Hollywood any of your comedy skits? Many years ago I had a few connections out there. Maybe I could look them up and help get you started, because you sure are funny. Keep up the good work, we need to laugh once in a while.

Yea, no shit.:cool:

We had numerous valid reasons. Simply because you don't like the reasons doesn't make them any less valid. Do you think there is any valid reason for war?

During the first Gulf War, Saddam spouted off and disrespected Daddy Bush. This did not make him popular among members of the Bush family. When Shrub Bush was elected, his first order of business was to get back at Saddam. Which he outlined at his first Cabinet meeting. In his best Brando voice:
"You dirty rat! I'll get you for what you did to my daddy!"
Shrub Bush had little success pushing his huge defense packages through Congress. Until the magical day of Sept. 11. That expression you see on Bush's face when Andrew Card advises him of the attack?
"This is curtains for you, Saddam! I'll get you and your little dog, too!"
So Shrub goes off to Congress and tells all sorts of stories about WMD and how Saddam has been sleeping with Osama bin Laden. Congress believes all the lies. And has regretted it ever since.

please... Saddam was sleeping with the devil.. not Osama.

Forum List

Back