Immigration: How national are you?

If a part of my country was given to another country by force, I would ...

• ... take up arms and defend it even at the cost of my life.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • ... negotiate a political solution to minimize the amount of loss.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... let it go, but increment the defense of the land that is left for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... do nothing, just accept the new age.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Poll. Hitler said: why nationalize corporations when you can nationalize people, and he introduced Germany's 1st nationalistic pledge for every school to recite every morning. The USA recites its national pledge in every school every morning too. The Mexican immigrants refuse to participate in it.

In Europe too, nationalism is rising, to the level of ultra-nationalism, both at classic locations such as France, and in the Balkan regions such as Romania and Slovakia.

Considering that nationalism is not natural, was invented only "recently", in the French revolution, it did a pretty good job to define your most basic self identity. The purpose of nationalism is to empower you to kill people at the excuse of the greater good, and this was excercised in ww1-2.

Globalization strengtens nationalism too.

How nationalized do you feel? If for example some international committee decided to separate the USA South-West and re-unite it with Mexico, what would you do?

I would have to fight that tooth and nail. It has become obvious that this ruling Administration would rathe allow illegals to stay here and work, coolect benefits, use the health care, and not pay into any tax system as the rest of us......Vt. is now issuing driver's licences to illegals so the , as they complained, can goshopping and to the Drs.......yet they are not paying income taxes, social security/medicare, etc. The Governor even has told the State Police to stop profiling them and making any unnecessary traffic stops.......with our motor-voter system, soon they will be voting!....Gary

Why is it when Democrats talk about doing something with people entering this country illegally they call it
Immigration reform like the USA did something wrong initially and we need to "reform" our errors.

Would think with over 10 million illegals, a little reform is in order wouldn't you? :)

nope.

because after "reform" we will end up with 40 million illegals.

we have functioning immigration law.
leave it as it is.

Poll. Hitler said: why nationalize corporations when you can nationalize people, and he introduced Germany's 1st nationalistic pledge for every school to recite every morning. The USA recites its national pledge in every school every morning too. The Mexican immigrants refuse to participate in it.

In Europe too, nationalism is rising, to the level of ultra-nationalism, both at classic locations such as France, and in the Balkan regions such as Romania and Slovakia.

Considering that nationalism is not natural, was invented only "recently", in the French revolution, it did a pretty good job to define your most basic self identity. The purpose of nationalism is to empower you to kill people at the excuse of the greater good, and this was excercised in ww1-2.

How nationalized do you feel? If for example some international committee decided to separate the USA South-West and re-unite it with Mexico, what would you do?

I would say that Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Il Sung, and a number of other leftist still did a better job of nationalizing the people than Hitler did. Of course, one of the most immigrant restrictive countries in the world is currently Japan. They seem to be doing OK. I cannot say the same about Sweden and the UK who is now regretting allowing millions of Muslims into their home country to destroy the success that Europeans created.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYAm9Gv-Zcc]Swedish Muslim Immigration Problem - YouTube[/ame]

I'd go to the parking lot where all those on that committee have their cars parked, and wait there until they came outside, and then I'd kick their asses, one by one.

Nationalism is simply the natural process by which people group together, based on common language and culture.

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, economic life, distinctive culture and language in common (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)

Would think with over 10 million illegals, a little reform is in order wouldn't you? :)

Not reform our immigration system but enforce our immigration laws will solve all the immigration problem. We allow millions to immigrate legally and offer millions citizenship. The problem is in our federal, state and local governmentt which need reforming.

I would say that Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Il Sung, and a number of other leftist still did a better job of nationalizing the people than Hitler did.

Kim Il Sung's family name was 'Kim' not 'Il Sung' ya dope.

Of course, one of the most immigrant restrictive countries in the world is currently Japan. They seem to be doing OK. ]

The number of registered foreign nationals in Japan has doubled over the past 20 years and is increasing almost every year. This, of course, doesn't include the number of illegal immigrants.

[...]
Nationalism is simply the natural process by which people group together, based on common language and culture.
I think that a lot of centralized manipulation goes into the creation of a nation. If it was e.g. culture and language, then there would be no Austria separate from Germany, and the South of France would be separate from France. I think that culture and language are rather a resource that centralized power hierarchies can easily exploit.
NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, economic life, distinctive culture and language in common (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)
This is very interesting, and shows how different encyclopedic authorities are when they print their versions of their monopolies of truths. Many of Europe's nations have not been stable, for example, the Moravians in the Czech Republic still count themselves different. Doesn't it appear that a nation is rather an administrative authority that exploits language before any other aspect?

I would say that Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Il Sung, and a number of other leftist still did a better job of nationalizing the people than Hitler did. Of course, one of the most immigrant restrictive countries in the world is currently Japan. They seem to be doing OK. I cannot say the same about Sweden and the UK who is now regretting allowing millions of Muslims into their home country to destroy the success that Europeans created.

Swedish Muslim Immigration Problem - YouTube

I agree on 2nd thought, Hitler wasn't the highest champion of nationalization of people.

It appears, that e.g. the UK has given up its south-east to Asians. They could as well put up a country border just west of London and north of Birmingham. I wonder what the English will do, when those Asians bring up the idea of political separatism and start campaigning for their own country there.

Last edited:
[...]
I think that a lot of centralized manipulation goes into the creation of a nation. If it was e.g. culture and language, then there would be no Austria separate from Germany, and the South of France would be separate from France. I think that culture and language are rather a resource that centralized power hierarchies can easily exploit.
This is very interesting, and shows how different encyclopedic authorities are when they print their versions of their monopolies of truths. Many of Europe's nations have not been stable, for example, the Moravians in the Czech Republic still count themselves different. Doesn't it appear that a nation is rather an administrative authority that exploits language before any other aspect?

All you're pointing out is that in a few places in the world, the things that make a nation what it is (distinctive culture and language in common) are sometimes sabatoged, by administrative authorities who have seperate vested interests in mind (like greed quite often). What else is new ? None of that changes what a nation is, one iota.

Forum List

Back