Imagine....

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Just for a moment that the universe spun around and power changed but bigotry prejudice bias and hatred continued. Imagine.

"...One did not have to be very bright to realize how little one could do to change one’s situation; one did not have to be abnormally sensitive to be worn down to a cutting edge by the incessant and gratuitous humiliation and danger one encountered every working day, all day long. The humiliation did not apply merely to working days, or workers; I was thirteen and was crossing Fifth Avenue on my way to the Forty-second Street library, and the cop in the middle of the street muttered as I passed him, “Why don’t you ******* stay uptown where you belong?” When I was ten, and didn’t look, certainly, any older, two policemen amused themselves with me by frisking me, making comic (and terrifying) speculations concerning my ancestry and probable sexual prowess, and, for good measure, leaving me flat on my back in one of Harlem’s empty lots. Just before and then during the Second World War, many of my friends fled into the service, all to be changed there, and rarely for the better, many to be ruined, and many to die. Others fled to other states and cities—that is, to other ghettos. Some went on wine or whiskey or the needle, and are still on it. And others, like me, fled into the church." James Baldwin

"To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time." James A. Baldwin

We gotta hold on to our ideals. Maybe we'll never get there, but without them, we're just another animal.

Just for a moment that the universe spun around and power changed but bigotry prejudice bias and hatred continued. Imagine.

Your pretense ignores a number of factors.

1. The nationwide consensus against anti-black racism since the mid 60s.

2. The current status quo of systemic anti-white racism.

3. The anti-white race riots and persecution taking place in the streets and country right now, with people dying and/or being destroyed.

Forum List

Back