I’m so old that

518TXJ1dLkL._SX466_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_SX466SY481SH20_.jpg

71A3YIG8xaL._SL1500_.jpg

tangerine lifesavers.jpg

I'm so old, I remember when Democrats cared about the country and wanted to improve it, not fundamentally change it back to being the very thing our Founders broke away from Britain to get away from!

I'm so old, I remember when presidents actually gladly made happy personal appearances on the Tonight Snow, not reluctant video conferences on a TV monitor hiding 3000 miles away with his face covered, and the media was glad to even get THAT MUCH from the president other than the back of his bald head as he made disparaging remarks against his own people!

I'm so old, I remember when record low approval ratings by a president was great cause for concern and reason to rethink one's agenda as obviously not what America nor his voters wanted and expected, not laughed at and dismissed as just silly ruminations by a fickle electorate to be ignored, as Joe Biden just did!

I'm so old, I remember when I merely disagreed with or simply not entirely agreed with Washington's agenda, direction and decisions rather than felt them a matter of abject incompetence, lies, misdirection, obfuscation and animosity towards the American people while being shaken down like a robber going through my pockets!

Biden2024.jpg
Late.jpg
LyaOXhe.gif

I'm so old I know how many 10-cent comics traded for a big 25-center ---- two. Haul all the comic books around in a red wagon and trade; classic comics were always a negotiation.

One thing I particularly remember is that it created an issue because some gas pumps were not equipped to price gasoline that high. A few stations, that came to my attention, changed to selling gas by the liter rather than the gallon, so that the unit price would be within the less-than-a-dollar range to which their pumps were able to be set. It created quite a bit of confusion for customers, because we have always been and always will be accustomed to buying gasoline by the gallon, not the liter.

I remember when we were all going to switch to the metric system, ANY day now. I-19, heading south from Tucson to Mexico, was a test highway measured out in kilometers instead of miles. It was going to be the vanguard of all highways being measured that way. And I remember the American public going, "Meh. No thanks". I-19 is still measured that way, but all the other highways are still miles.

I remember when we were all going to switch to the metric system, ANY day now. I-19, heading south from Tucson to Mexico, was a test highway measured out in kilometers instead of miles. It was going to be the vanguard of all highways being measured that way. And I remember the American public going, "Meh. No thanks". I-19 is still measured that way, but all the other highways are still miles.
And they started putting up the signs with miles and kilometers. Everyone going........ummm......we aren't Europe.

Yeah, I can remember when women put on hats and white gloves and went downtown to shop.

We'd get killed or mugged by blacks if we went downtown today --- and there are no stores, they all closed.

I can remember when everyone had at least one set of "Sunday clothes". No matter what your budget was, you always had one set of clothes that you kept clean and nice for going to church on Sundays.

I can also remember when our school district, far from being openly hostile to religion, actually scheduled their events around church services and events, because they knew if they scheduled them at the same time, half the school would simply not show up.

I'm so old..............

I remember when your neighbors looked out for each other.........not stood LOOKOUT so their friends and relatives could rob you blind.

I remember when people stopped at stop signs, red lights, and for pedestrians.

I remember when the police were people you could trust, under any circumstance.

I remember when "Secret Santa" was someone that left a box of food supplies on someone's doorstep that was less fortunate than everyone else they knew......especially if they had kids.

I remember when people would put themselves in harms way to save someone in distress, instead of whipping out their fucking goddamned "smart phones" and stand there videoing it and doing NOTHING!

I remember when I was little, my granny would take me to my favorite barber "Hoss" (because Hoss was my favorite on Bonanza...and he resembled Dan Blocker as well) and sometimes he wouldn't charge my granny, because he knew she was taking care of me and didn't have much money.

I remember when, if you fell down, people would stop and help you up........or come running out of their houses to see if you needed help. Not shut their blinds and turn off their lights, or laugh at you and walk away.

Forum List

Back