I’m so old that

I remember Saturday mornings were the ONLY times there were cartoons on TV at all. Even on PBS!!

I remember that my older brother and I would get up at 5 am on Saturday morning and sit in front of the cartoons until noon. I lived for the commercial breaks that would have "Schoolhouse Rock" in them.

I also remember when I would spend the afternoon riding my bike all over town, by myself, without anyone worrying until the streetlights came on.

I remember that my older brother and I would get up at 5 am on Saturday morning and sit in front of the cartoons until noon. I lived for the commercial breaks that would have "Schoolhouse Rock" in them.

I also remember when I would spend the afternoon riding my bike all over town, by myself, without anyone worrying until the streetlights came on.

I would spend a whole DAY riding my bike.
We lived in a semi built area, where about a 2 mile stretch of area around us was being built up as residential areas. There were LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of all kinds of homes to go rummaging through and looking at!!! I love it, as this was a decade before they started putting the windows and doors in the homes FIRST, and locking them up at the end of the work day.
Hell, I rode my bike all over the damned place. Hated being home cause my "parents" were POS.

I would spend a whole DAY riding my bike.
We lived in a semi built area, where about a 2 mile stretch of area around us was being built up as residential areas. There were LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of all kinds of homes to go rummaging through and looking at!!! I love it, as this was a decade before they started putting the windows and doors in the homes FIRST, and locking them up at the end of the work day.
Hell, I rode my bike all over the damned place. Hated being home cause my "parents" were POS.

Well, I couldn't spend the whole day riding my bike, because I watched cartoons all morning, as mentioned before. ;)

I grew up in a small town, so literally the entire town was accessible by bicycle. I especially liked loading up old books and going to the used bookstore to trade them out.

Speaking of which, we finally got all my boxes of books out of storage and my youngest son put them away for me in our new place. Apparently, he saw a bunch of them he found interesting, so he's started going through my collection to pick stuff to read. I'm so pleased.

I'm so old, I remember when you had two selections on your black and white TV.......
UHF and VHF.

And there were only 3 channels to choose from. 2 on VHF and one on UHF.

I also remember, if you didn't have an antenna or rabbit ears connected to your TV, you didn't get reception on anything.

I remember when Dallas got a 5th channel on public TV. What a HUUUUUGE deal that was!!!
Channel 21 I think it was.
/—-/ And putting aluminum foil on your rabbit ears. Kids today may not understand what I’m talking about.

I can remember watching TV on Sat morning.

Land of the Lost up until Soul Train came on.

Superfriends, Bugs Bunny Road Runner Show. Hanna Barbara’s World of Super Adventure!

I'm so old I remember when the guys who said, "Don't trust anyone over 30", were under 30.

I'm so old.................

I remember when Greyhound buses had attendants/hostesses ON the bus!!!
(like the airlines do on their planes)

I also remember commercial planes with propellers!!
My first flight on a plane all by myself was on Braniff, when I was about 4 years old.

I'm so old.................

I remember when Greyhound buses had attendants/hostesses ON the bus!!!
(like the airlines do on their planes)

I also remember commercial planes with propellers!!
My first flight on a plane all by myself was on Braniff, when I was about 4 years old.

I think that one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built was the Lockheed Constellation, a propeller-driven plane that was once in wide use as an airliner.

1639523199717.png

I think that one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built was the Lockheed Constellation, a propeller-driven plane that was once in wide use as an airliner.

View attachment 575800
Stupid question of the day;
If a pregnant Portland woman moved to Honolulu, and the baby (conceived in Portland) was born mid-flight over the Pacific Ocean, what would be the official place of birth on the child's birth certificate ?

Last edited:
I'm so old, I can remember when stamps were green and you could buy stuff with them.

They still have Green Stamps............but they are pretty much worthless nowadays.
My mother had a ton of them. Took me a month to paste them all onto sheets to turn into the company that took over the Green Stamp business.

I got "store credit" for some online shops I never heard of, and didn't sell anything worth buying. The "credit" expired after a year.......which they did NOT bother telling me about.

Forum List

Back