I’m so old that

I'm so old, I remember doctors doing cigarette commercials
camels_doctors_whiteshirt.jpg

Okay, no screaming -------

I'm so old I can remember when people took a big glob of Vicks-VapoRub on their finger and ATE it. For a chest cold.

I'm so old.........

I remember being taught by my teachers in school, about social etiquette, manners, courtesy, honesty, self-respect, self-reliance, and consideration.

I remember when people walked single file to allow others room to walk, instead of walking shoulder to shoulder taking up the whole fucking aisle, hallway, sidewalk.

I remember stores having free giveaways of furniture, home appliances, and clothes for being "the millionth customer".

I remember when people had to PROVE they had the intelligence and mental acuity to be able to handle a killing machine and get a license to drive. I also remember "Driving is NOT a RIGHT.....it is a PRIVILEGE".

I remember gas stations giving away gifts for filing up your car with their gas.

I remember free gifts in boxes of laundry detergent.

I remember when people in service jobs (grocery stores, mechanics, restaurants, banks, etc...) were fired immediately if they didn't treat EVERY customer with manners and respect!!

I also remember the "before WalMart time" when psychos, pervs, lowlifes, and Karens hid away in their holes, because the police would put them in jail for infesting the decent population of people if they ventured out.

I am so old (84 or in my 85th year) that I remember:

1. When you could walk down the street without the fear of being sucker punched.

2. When you could ride public transportation without the fear of being robbed -- or killed.

3. When bad people did NOT dare enter the nice parts of town.

4. When San Francisco (and Baltimore and Minneapolis and Chicago and ...) were peaceful and orderly cities.
I am so old that I remember when Compton and Inglewood were beautiful all white communities and I lived in Compton.

I’m so old, it no longer surprises me when I go to google something and by the time it opens, I’ve forgotten what I was going to look up.

In a similar vein, I have literally gone looking for my reading glasses through several rooms only to find them on top of my head OR, worse yet, literally ON my nose.

I can one up you on that...........

I can stand up, getting out of my chair.......and forgot what the fucking hell I got up for!!!!!

Forum List

Back