I’m old enough to remember when the Democrats were the party of the “working man”

Now they are infinitely more concerned with totalitarian power and control than they are about rail workers who don’t even receive a single paid sick day.
The hypocrisy is amazing. If Trump were president right now and encouraged Congress to override the workers, Biden would be on it like a bear on honey. But, with inflation making Biden look bad already and a possible rail strike adding on to that, to hell with the workers, it's all about me.

The Dems passed a bill with 7 sick days, your beloved GOP voted it down.

That needs to be said. I personally don't like the idea of taking away a union's right to strike, but if the GOP had anything more than crocodile tears, they would have voted to give rail workers more sick days.

My Dad voted straight democrat until Bill Clinton, he is now a registered republican. His wife also a die hard democrat for years and retired school teacher now votes republican. The is an old saying, young democrats become old republicans

My Dad voted straight democrat until Bill Clinton, he is now a registered republican. His wife also a die hard democrat for years and retired school teacher now votes republican. The is an old saying, young democrats become old republicans

Not necessarily true - I know plenty who, like me, have gone the opposite direction. I also know some people, including my older brother who voted MAGA not once but twice, who has gotten pretty pissed off at the lies of the republicans lately and split his ticket after voting straight R for probably the last 20-25 years.

For Rs, 2022-23 should be a canary in the coalmine, the way that 2014-15 should have been for Dems.

Now they are infinitely more concerned with totalitarian power and control than they are about rail workers who don’t even receive a single paid sick day.
I was a steelworker for 35 years and never had paid sick days. Teachers in my state have paid sick days and abuse the hell out of it. There are 2 sides to this.

We should take your word for that? What drew them to the GOP? Are they Klan members or do they think that the rich shouldn`t pay taxes? I know some Republicans who didn`t think much of Trump`s riot.

I was a steelworker for 35 years and never had paid sick days. Teachers in my state have paid sick days and abuse the hell out of it. There are 2 sides to this.
PUBLIC employee unions changed the Dem party forever. Dem politicians abandoned the working man. Instead they jack up taxes, give the money to public employee unions who kick back money to the Dem politicians. That's how public employees can retire at 55 with their full salary (or more) plus full benefits for life and CASH out 200-300 saved up paid sick days.

Meanwhile in the real world our paid sick days are use them or lose them.

PUBLIC employee unions changed the Dem party forever. Dem politicians abandoned the working man. Instead they jack up taxes, give the money to public employee unions who kick back money to the Dem politicians. That's how public employees can retire at 55 with their full salary (or more) plus full benefits for life and CASH out 200-300 saved up paid sick days.

Meanwhile in the real world our paid sick days are use them or lose them.
Do you have evidence of criminal behavior? Spill it. Public employees are working people and when the water main breaks in my neighborhood I`m glad I have dependable experienced people repairing it. My union dues were the best money I spent every month. Retired at 53 with pension, healthcare and a 40K buyout plus 10K in severance. Are we saturated with guns because the criminal lobby group shovels money at Republicans?

Do you have evidence of criminal behavior?
The fact that your even asking that is proof you have no business even discussing this subject matter.

Because, you clearly either don’t follow the news, or do so only with extreme left-wing propaganda sites like MSNBC and CNN that only push fake information.

Both parties have always claimed to be the party of the working man by each party were also quick to f*** the working man over whenever it became inconvenient to back them

They`ve gone so far downhill that they won the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections.
It’s easy to “win” ( :rolleyes: ) the popular vote when you…
  1. Buy votes illegally (vote for us and we’ll unconstitutionally throw money at you like Obama phones)
  2. Take over education with the express purpose of dumbing down the electorate so they thing giving up liberty for a cell phone is a “good deal”
  3. Engage in propaganda - having platforms like Facebook and Twitter delete information about the Biden Laptop from Hell
  4. Engage in endless voter fraud
The best part? Nobody gives a fuck because the founders were smart enough to devise a FAIR system that triggers you fragile snowflake.

Was J6 a proud day for the GOP?
Was 2016 - 2020 “proud” years for Dumbocrats as you showed the world you’re a bunch of rubes / uneducated wild animals who resort to tantrums like toddlers when you don’t get your way?

Oh wait - that’s right - it was! You low-IQ leftists actually were proud of the violence, arson, and insurrection for 5 years.

Not necessarily true - I know plenty who, like me, have gone the opposite direction. I also know some people, including my older brother who voted MAGA not once but twice, who has gotten pretty pissed off at the lies of the republicans lately and split his ticket after voting straight R for probably the last 20-25 years.

For Rs, 2022-23 should be a canary in the coalmine, the way that 2014-15 should have been for Dems.
only burdens of society (lazy fucks) vote democrat

We should take your word for that? What drew them to the GOP? Are they Klan members or do they think that the rich shouldn`t pay taxes? I know some Republicans who didn`t think much of Trump`s riot.
They realize that democrats only care about the super rich and a larger poor class. They constantly legislate against the middle working class and only care about minorities at election time. They are very transparent to anyone that is looking

Remember the good ol' days when the Dems said "don't trust the man" & "make love, not war"?
Those days are long gone.
Mow it's all "do as your told" & "let's support the corrupt fascists in Ukraine & try to drag our country into a war with Russia".

The whiplash from the abrupt 180 & circular logic may have caused brain damage.
Now they are all full of clot shots too. Poor sheeple didn't even give themselves a chance
BOTH MAJOR PARTYS Stink, WHY? BECAUSE we vote in the same kind of people over & over & over again. BIG TALK, little Walk, when it comes to your average working guy. who NOW thinks he is in the stock market because he has a 401.....

Forum List

Back