Im not the 99%; But I AM THE 47%; Thanks Romney, confirmed my Dem vote for 2012

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Well, looks like my gut instinct was right. Local politicians started throwing cops and firemen under the bus in 2010 on the wave of the tea party drunkenness. Now, Mitt Romney flat out says he doesn't give a shit about....oh....around 150,000,000 Americans.

I wasn't part of the "99%" movement.

But I am part of the 47%. I was part of it when I was a cop. I'm part of it now in my new (and far safer) job. LOTS of military members are part of the 47%. And teachers. And firemen. And stay at home moms. And nurses. And daycare workers. And pet shelter workers. And tradesmen....carpenters, electricians, steel workers, construction workers....you know, the unsung contributors that keep America humming.

Yep. I thank Mitt Romney:clap2:

Why? Voting Democrat in 2012 was a hard choice. I made it almost purely on the anti-cop, anti-firemen trend many local GOP'ers have shifted to. But now....Romney reflected the self-satisfied, pure arrogance that many of the extreme right show now. Absolute selfishness.

And as a Christian, and an American who has lived his whole life as part of the 47%, I find that attitude disgusting.

And I salute Mitt Romney. Thats all we ever asked for out of a politician. It took some staffer at the ballroom of the $50,000-a-plate dinner to secretly record it for it to come out......but we got HONESTY. Thats all.

We know where he stands now, and where his supporters stand. Vote accordingly.

President Obama....if he wins, and I'll have voted for him.....man, you have to do better in the 2nd term. We have major problems, and you're the lesser of two evils.

Well, looks like my gut instinct was right. Local politicians started throwing cops and firemen under the bus in 2010 on the wave of the tea party drunkenness. Now, Mitt Romney flat out says he doesn't give a shit about....oh....around 150,000,000 Americans.

But I am part of the 47%. I was part of it when I was a cop. I'm part of it now in my new (and far safer) job. LOTS of military members are part of the 47%. And teachers. And firemen. And stay at home moms. And nurses. And daycare workers. And pet shelter workers. And tradesmen....carpenters, electricians, steel workers, construction workers....you know, the unsung contributors that keep America humming.

Why? Voting Democrat in 2012 was a hard choice. I made it almost purely on the anti-cop, anti-firemen trend many local GOP'ers have shifted to. But now....Romney reflected the self-satisfied, pure arrogance that many of the extreme right show now. Absolute selfishness.

And as a Christian, and an American who has lived his whole life as part of the 47%, I find that attitude disgusting.

And I salute Mitt Romney. Thats all we ever asked for out of a politician. It took some staffer at the ballroom of the $50,000-a-plate dinner to secretly record it for it to come out......but we got HONESTY. Thats all.

President Obama....if he wins, and I'll have voted for him.....man, you have to do better in the 2nd term. We have major problems, and you're the lesser of two evils.

Oh come the hell off it. It was never in doubt.

FYI Willow. You're part of that 47% as well. Not that you care about being hypocritical.

Hey! Bucs,, I like your list of 47%ers,, it marvelous,, but do tell now, what's gonna happen when the takers outnumber the givers? I'm old, I've paid taxes my entire life, still do,, How do the 47% of you manage to get out of it? I want to join you.

FYI Willow. You're part of that 47% as well. Not that you care about being hypocritical.

No you're wrong. I still pay FEderal Income Tax. Now tell me what it is I can do to get out of it?

Go shit on a police cruiser, bucko,

and get back to me, when you can afford yourself.

Why would I shit on a cop car? Thats disgusting, and the people who do that disgust me. The Occupy movement disgusts me. Maybe you can't read "Im not the 99%". But I'm part of the group, mathematically, that is the 47% Mitt doesn't give a fuck about.

Yes, I can't afford to join a country club.

Yes, I'm second-homeless. And third-homeless.

No, I dont have money stored offshore. Unless you count the cash I lost in my wallet that fell overboard on a cruise back in 04.

These radical righties are pushing more and more people away from them. It's not that the Dems are attracting us. It's that shit like Mitt's attitude are making us sick, and incapapble of voting GOP.

Hey! Bucs,, I like your list of 47%ers,, it marvelous,, but do tell now, what's gonna happen when the takers outnumber the givers? I'm old, I've paid taxes my entire life, still do,, How do the 47% of you manage to get out of it? I want to join you.

You're already there! Now neg rep me and let's move on with more of your hypocrisy.

You're already there! Now neg rep me and let's move on with more of your hypocrisy.

You're just a fucking flat out liar. You have no possible way of backing up your claim.

you want to earn so little that you are not required to pay taxes?

you can do that.

You want to be on SS, I bet you already are.

You want to earn as much as robmoney so you can avoid taxes by offshoring your money?

well that last one I believe you would actually want

Last edited:

^ pure bullshit.

Your vote for the idiot incumbent has been confirmed since before you first came here pretending to be something you aren't.

You outed yourself as a poseur long ago.

It is too late, now, for you to try to ever reclaim any vestige of credibility.

Mitt is going to win and The ONE (whose salad you long to toss) is going to lose. Learn to cope.

Go shit on a police cruiser, bucko,

and get back to me, when you can afford yourself.

Why would I shit on a cop car? Thats disgusting, and the people who do that disgust me. The Occupy movement disgusts me. Maybe you can't read "Im not the 99%". But I'm part of the group, mathematically, that is the 47% Mitt doesn't give a fuck about.

Yes, I can't afford to join a country club.

Yes, I'm second-homeless. And third-homeless.

No, I dont have money stored offshore. Unless you count the cash I lost in my wallet that fell overboard on a cruise back in 04.

These radical righties are pushing more and more people away from them. It's not that the Dems are attracting us. It's that shit like Mitt's attitude are making us sick, and incapapble of voting GOP.

Bucs old man,, are you gonna answer the question. How do you manage NOT to pay taxes?

^ pure bullshit.

Your vote for the idiot incumbent has been confirmed since before you first came here pretending to be something you aren't.

You outed yourself as a poseur long ago.

It is too late now to try to ever reclaim any vestige of credibility.

Mitt is going to win and The ONE (whose salad you long to toss) is going to lose. Learn to cope.

he was never a poseur for over a year. He continually reminded me of his conservative stance too.

Wow the ignorance of the left never ceases to amaze. Democrats like people on social programs, it gives them a vote, that's what Mitt was saying and he's right. The truth shall set you free.

THAT is the problem with the new right wing attitude. You all have imagined two groups of "Takers" vs "Givers". Like the old black vs white of the 60's.

EVERYONE takes, and everyone gives. The amount of giving and taking varies. Some give far more, some take far more. Every single country club living right winger "takes" when they buy an alarm for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd home. Yep. Cops protect those gated communities. Fire depts respond to them. It's not "taking" much, especially if you aren't the victim of a crime or fire.

EVERYONE gives. Even the poor lazy welfare queen. She takes a LOT. A whole lot. But "gives" by paying sales tax....even it if is on beer, cigs and lottery tickets. Now...dont get me wrong...that shit needs to be reformed.

But my point is, MOST people aren't among either of the above examples. Most are in the middle. Most give some, take some, and maybe a bit more or less than the rest of the middle.

And as for the income tax....that supports the federal govt. The military. The massive military that keeps the dollar high by maintaining American dominance in the world. Keeping our market valuable. The rich profit hugely off that stability. Thats a price they pay, and we ALL benefit from, because a great market means jobs for the 47%. And the people working those jobs help that company get bigger, richer, and the rich who own it benefit. It all works together. We all work together.

But any man who shits on that concept will never get my vote.

Forum List

Back