I'm Not Quite Sure The Different Between Riffles and Assault Riffles

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Can't any riffle be an assault riffle depending on the person pulling the trigger? I know sort of sounds like a stupid question because there tends to be specific kinds of riffles used for shootings,.. but somebody could use a handgun for that and it could (as sometimes people survive being shot at) still wind up being deadly.

Can't any riffle be an assault riffle depending on the person pulling the trigger? I know sort of sounds like a stupid question because there tends to be specific kinds of riffles used for shootings,.. but somebody could use a handgun for that and it could (as sometimes people survive being shot at) still wind up being deadly.
An assault rifle is a selective fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

The term assault rifle is generally attributed to Adolf Hitler, who used the German word Sturmgewehr (which translates to "assault rifle") as the new name for the MP 43 (Maschinenpistole), subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44
1657573875481.jpeg

Sturmgewehr literally translates as "storm rifle."

Since the unconstitutional Hughes Amendment was passed, purchase of assault rifles manufactured after 1986 is incredibly difficult, if not impossible.

Gun grabbers have used the bullshit, made up term "assault weapons" to make people think about full-auto weapons and get scared.

'Assault Rifle' is a made up term. There is no such thing because rifles don't assault anyone. I have a rifle close by, it has NEVER gotten up, pointed itself at me and threatened me in any way.

"Assault weapon" is a made-up term.

See above for a definition of "assault rifle.". It literally means full-auto capability.
I know but, even a full-auto weapon is not EVER going to get up and shoot anyone. That was my point. We have been dumbed down by leftist propaganda and beaten into submission by them blaming the inanimate object while not really focusing on the perp USING the gun. They have successfully contaminated the language like all Marxists try to do.

An assault rifle is a selective fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

The term assault rifle is generally attributed to Adolf Hitler, who used the German word Sturmgewehr (which translates to "assault rifle") as the new name for the MP 43 (Maschinenpistole), subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44
View attachment 668990

Since the unconstitutional Hughes Amendment was passed, purchase of assault rifles manufactured after 1986 is incredibly difficult, if not impossible.

Gun grabbers have used the bullshit, made up term "assault weapons" to make people think about full-auto weapons and get scared.
I'm not necessarily up to date with the latest actual US Military terms but, last I heard, there was no such military definition as an assault rifle. It's non-existent.

From a legal perspective from idiot Federal and State legislators, an assault rifle is any rifle with both a flash hider and an adjustable stock. We can't have rifles that can be adjusted to fit women, whatever the hell a woman is.

View attachment 668990

I'm not trying to be argumentative here (I point that out because I am argumentative so often); it really doesn't matter if it's a real name of anything or if it is made up but I will argue (ok, just a little argumentative) that wikipedia.com isn't generally considered authoritative in deciding what's a new word.

View attachment 668990

Interesting how much this looks a lot like the Soviet AK-47.

Which rarely makes the Libturd list of "assault riffles".

Part of the challenge of having the dumb and ignorant trying to make intelligent comment when they lack intelligence.

Bootney is correct.

"Assault rifle" has a specific military definition, mostly relying on the selective fire switch. It comes from the German designation, as he described.

"Assault weapon" has no specific definition, so people can (and do) use it however they like. People usually use it to refer to a semi-automatic rifle.

In my experience, gun control advocates who insist on using it are actually undermining themselves. It doesn't fool or scare anyone, and it gives the anti-gun control people an easy opening to tear apart whatever point they're trying to make. But, people gonna people, so whatever.

Forum List

Back