73 year old man beaten to death by teenagers....he shouldn't have a gun though....right?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This 73 year old man woke up that morning and had no idea that7 teenagers would later beat him to death with a traffic cone......

So.....anti-gunners....this was your best outcome for the attack...right? This man should not have been able to carry a gun to defend himself....and his death was the best way for this to have ended...rather than him using the gun to stop the attack...

Right?

A group of seven teenagers attacked and killed a 73-year-old man in Philadelphia last month with a traffic cone according to video footage released by the Philadelphia Police Department Friday.

Disturbing footage of the incident, which occurred on June 14, shows a group of apparent teenagers pursuing the victim identified as James Lambert down the 2100 block of Cecil B. Moore Avenue in the city’s northwest corridor.

This 73 year old man woke up that morning and had no idea that7 teenagers would later beat him to death with a traffic cone......

So.....anti-gunners....this was your best outcome for the attack...right? This man should not have been able to carry a gun to defend himself....and his death was the best way for this to have ended...rather than him using the gun to stop the attack...

Right?

A group of seven teenagers attacked and killed a 73-year-old man in Philadelphia last month with a traffic cone according to video footage released by the Philadelphia Police Department Friday.

Disturbing footage of the incident, which occurred on June 14, shows a group of apparent teenagers pursuing the victim identified as James Lambert down the 2100 block of Cecil B. Moore Avenue in the city’s northwest corridor.

Ban assault cones!

Sounds like Philly has another Soros funded DA.
Nothing to see here folks, just move along.

In Philadelphia, the nation’s sixth-largest city, this problem started four years ago with the election of District Attorney Larry Krasner.

Since his election in 2017, according to the Philadelphia Police Department, crime in Philadelphia has only increased, creating a public image of Philadelphia as a place of unsafe streets, crime, and violence. No longer the City of Brotherly Love that is a global tourist location, Pennsylvania’s economic engine, and the birthplace of our freedoms, Philadelphia now ranks as one of the most dangerous cities in the nation.
Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner Must Go | National Review

Last edited:
If only that old man had made use of the tools available to him.

"Philadelphia County requires that all individuals who carry a firearm concealed on their person or in a vehicle have a concealed firearm permit to carry. That firearms permit to carry must be issued within the City and County of Philadelphia for the individual to carry it throughout the county. Additionally, a license to carry could also be reciprocal with the rest of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."

Transporting Firearms Through Philadelphia | Carrying Guns in Philly

A 73 year old shouldn't be given access to a fork.
You get a Lemmy for that. ;)

tumblr_oiao9lKaQo1w0qbyyo4_r2_500.gif

Right?

According to our resident expert on UK law, the old chap's resistance with anything other than his fists would be unreasonable force in the UK, and that is what America should adopt...or some shit.

A 73 year old shouldn't be given access to a fork.

Right?

I've thought through these scenarios several times. I'm walking down the sidewalk in a relatively safe area of town. There are no threats or nothing dangerous in sight. Then, coming out of the corner drug store, or just coming around the corner, a block ahead of me, is a bunch of teenage boys.

I'm committed on my direction and turning might be taken wrong and trigger a confrontation. So I try to be non-judgmental and I just keep walking. About 25% of the way through the group of a dozen boys, out of the corner of my eye, I see the fist coming in a wide arc. The next thing I know, I'm on the ground and fully circled by the gang of boys and they're all kicking me.

They haven't yet discovered the S&W .40 I carry concealed on my hip. I know if I can roll over a bit, I can get it pulled without being discovered. I know if I pull it and don't use it, I'm dead. If I don't pull it at all, there's just no telling. My head, my stomach, my back, are all on fire with the pain; I don't know if they're going to kick me to death or not.

What do I do? Pull the gun and start shooting? If I do, I need to shoot fast and shoot as many as I can. The gun could easily be taken with me on the ground and all those feet already beating me down. If I don't pull it and it's discovered, I'm probably dead, shot with my own gun. If I don't pull it and it's not discovered, I'm still probably dead just by being kicked to death.

So it all comes down to one thing that so man of us have probably said and certainly read: Judged by 12 or carried by 6?

According to our resident expert on UK law, the old chap's resistance with anything other than his fists would be unreasonable force in the UK, and that is what America should adopt...or some shit.
Now you know that's not true; you know he could match his attackers with his own traffic cone if there was another available.

Right?

The chose not to have a gun. He chose not to have a baseball bat. He chose not to have a knife. He chose not to carry pepper spray. If he decided to carry any or all of those, there's no guarantee he could have successfully fended the youths off.

Just a note, every incident is not 2nd Amendment related.

The chose not to have a gun. He chose not to have a baseball bat. He chose not to have a knife. He chose not to carry pepper spray. If he decided to carry any or all of those, there's no guarantee he could have successfully fended the youths off.

Just a note, every incident is not 2nd Amendment related.

Yeah....no.......this man is even older, and facing robbers.....

Investigators said an 80-year-old Pensacola, Florida, man walked outside to lock his cars just after 11 p.m. Tuesday when two males approached him and demanded his car, WEAR-TV reported.
One of the suspects pulled a gun on the elderly victim, WKRG-TV reported.
But it turns out their target came prepared. Police said the homeowner grabbed his concealed weapon — for which he has a permit — and opened fire, WEAR reported.
Both suspects ran off, WKRG said, adding that one of the victims turned up at a house with a gunshot wound. The second suspect got away, WEAR reported.
--------
Well, it looks like both suspects have an opportunity to step back and evaluate their life choices, now doesn’t it?
------
After all, bad guys are predators. They like to look for easy prey, people like 80-year-old guys in Florida.

And that’s why owning and carrying a gun is so important.

Even an armed criminal is likely to run from an armed citizen defending themselves. While I often point out that bad guys set the terms of engagement, the truth is that the armed citizen is likely the more tenacious side. After all, escape is usually not really an option for the armed citizen. They have their lives to defend.

Putting up a fight really does seem to be the best option when faced with an armed criminal, and this gentleman did fight. As a result, he went home that night and at least one of the thugs went to the hospital. Sure, another got away, but he’s going to have that memory of damn near being lit up by some old guy who didn’t want to give up his cars or his life.
Guns don’t make men evil. They don’t create criminals where none existed previously. They do, however, give people who may not be physically able to meet physical threats an edge that allows them to protect themselves.
80-Year-Old Armed Citizen Teaches Carjackers Valuable Life Lesson

====

81-year-old homeowner fatally shoots armed robber

A suspect was shot and killed when he tried to rob an 81-year-old man at gunpoint outside of the man’s home in Genoa, Arkansas, on Thursday afternoon.

Buddy Cates told KSLA that he walked outside of his home around 1:30 p.m. and came face to face with the suspect, who authorities are still working to identify.

Cates said the suspect was holding a “big pistol,” but Cates also had his hand in his pocket, gripping his own gun.

“The battle was one,” Cates recalled, noting that, between the two, at least a dozen shots were fired.

“Whoever got the biggest gun and fastest will be boss when it is all said and done,” Cates said. “In this case, it was me.”

Cates was uninjured, but the suspect died after he was taken to a hospital in Texarkana, not far from Cates’ home.

After the attempted robbery and subsequent shooting, three women were arrested in connection to the crime, according to reports from the Texarkana Gazette. Kiana Keshaun Montgomery, 21; Shaynesha Martin, 19; and Ke’Erica Turner, 20, are all facing charges for aggravated robbery and are being held at the Miller County Detention Center. Authorities did not say what part the women played in the robbery or whether they are believed to be responsible for other crimes.
====

66-year-old jewelry store owner beaten during robbery, shoots 2 suspects, third in custody

Authorities say the trio – all of whom were armed with handguns – entered the business around 2:45, displayed their weapons and demanded cash and merchandise before they began beating and pistol whipping the 66-year-old store owner. At some point during the assault, the store owner was able to break free and retrieve his own gun.

The owner opened fire on the suspects and a gunfight ensued. During this time, Gomez and Mitchell were struck by gunfire. The owner, although he sustained injuries from the assault, was not injured by gunfire.

Soon after shots were fired, the trio ran from the store and fled the area in a vehicle that had been parked at a nearby carwash.

Gomez, who suffered multiple gunshot wounds, was dropped off at an area hospital, and Mitchell was found lying in the roadway at another location. Gomez, who has robbery charges pending, remains hospitalized, while Mitchell was pronounced dead at the scene where he was found.

Two days after the robbery, authorities received a tip that Harris was hiding out in San Antonio, leading the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force to conduct surveillance. The Task Force witnessed Harris leave a residence then get into a vehicle and drive away. A subsequent traffic stop was conducted, during which time Harris surrendered without incident.

I don't know jack squat about guns, but how likely is a 73 year old to react fast enough when jumped out of the blue to draw his weapon and fire? How likely is it that the attackers could disarm him and use his weapon against him?

I don't know jack squat about guns, but how likely is a 73 year old to react fast enough when jumped out of the blue to draw his weapon and fire? How likely is it that the attackers could disarm him and use his weapon against him?

Yeah, posted several stories of men, in their 80s doing just that in another thread…using their concealed carry guns or getting to their guns and stopping violent attacks against them by not one but many criminals…

This is why guns are such an an important tool for self defense…..they actually level the field between the old and weak and violent criminals….

Yeah, posted several stories of men, in their 80s doing just that in another thread…using their concealed carry guns or getting to their guns and stopping violent attacks against them by not one but many criminals…

This is why guns are such an an important tool for self defense…..they actually level the field between the old and weak and violent criminals….
Just like that armed off duty copper who was house buying and the two thieves killed him. He exercised his 2nd Amendment Right, but the gun didn't save him. There was a thread on this story a few months ago.

Just like that armed off duty copper who was house buying and the two thieves killed him. He exercised his 2nd Amendment Right, but the gun didn't save him. There was a thread on this story a few months ago.

The gun isn't a magic wand.....but Americans use them 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings, stabbings, and even mass public shootings.......

Again...

A woman is grabbed by a violent serial rapist at a bus stop, a train platform or in her apartment...he plans on beating, raping and murdering her. She has a gun, and can stop the rape with the gun......

A woman stops an attack with a gun, a brutal rape, torture and murder...in a public space....if you had the ability to go back in time, and prevent her from having that gun...would you?

The gun isn't a magic wand.....but Americans use them 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings, stabbings, and even mass public shootings.......

Again...

A woman is grabbed by a violent serial rapist at a bus stop, a train platform or in her apartment...he plans on beating, raping and murdering her. She has a gun, and can stop the rape with the gun......

A woman stops an attack with a gun, a brutal rape, torture and murder...in a public space....if you had the ability to go back in time, and prevent her from having that gun...would you?
As mentioned a thousand times, women rarely carry a gun against rape. And most of the gun defence stories were debunked.

As mentioned a thousand times, women rarely carry a gun against rape. And most of the gun defence stories were debunked.

They weren't debunked......and women were the smallest group of Americans to own and carry guns....that is changing...especially as the democrat party violent crime wave continues....

Forum List

Back