Im in hunters heaven

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
We just bought 65 acres up north Michigan. Bought a quad, put up 3 tree stands up now me my brother and father in law are doing an evening hunt.

Every fern blowing looks like a deer.scary up in this tree not I got a safety harness.

So happy. In paradise. Like a little piece of our childhood.

Congratulations!
Thanks. My brothers even got bulldozers cleaning up the middle where they logged it. And food crops to bring in the deer. I haven't seen a deer yet. Lol.
Before he starts dozing out everything see if you have any of these types bushes Zanthoxylum americanum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If you have any you may want to consider keeping them. It actually has some good value to it. If I could go back to when the dozer went on ours I'd be marking off limit sections for the valuable natural bushes like that and elderberries and such.

We just bought 65 acres up north Michigan. Bought a quad, put up 3 tree stands up now me my brother and father in law are doing an evening hunt.

Every fern blowing looks like a deer.scary up in this tree not I got a safety harness.

I am happy for you, Sealy! There is nothing like being out in the woods and up in a tree. Enjoy!

You sound happy! It' great reading this!

Oh if you only knew the drama from my parents. Yesterday was horrible. My brother says I need to stop going to my parents 4 days a week. They need a nurse and landscaper and babysitter, not me.

Congratulations!
Thanks. My brothers even got bulldozers cleaning up the middle where they logged it. And food crops to bring in the deer. I haven't seen a deer yet. Lol.
Before he starts dozing out everything see if you have any of these types bushes Zanthoxylum americanum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If you have any you may want to consider keeping them. It actually has some good value to it. If I could go back to when the dozer went on ours I'd be marking off limit sections for the valuable natural bushes like that and elderberries and such.
We have left all the woods alone. The guy before up logged the center so it was all stumps. Now we will do corn alfalfa, winter wheat, beats or whatever will grow in this Sandy soil. It's a project but a fun one at least.

So this morning a decent size doe comes walking out of thin air so I took her. Now I have meat and still a buck tag.

So this morning a decent size doe comes walking out of thin air so I took her. Now I have meat and still a buck tag.
And her fawns ? What happens to them ? They starve, so you can eat ? Don't respond unless you can tell me what you're going to do for the fawns.

And you can pass on the overpopulation rap too, unless you're morally OK with shooting people, to reduce our massive US overpopulation.

And her fawns ? What happens to them ? They starve, so you can eat ? Don't respond unless you can tell me what you're going to do for the fawns.

And you can pass on the overpopulation rap too, unless you're morally OK with shooting people, to reduce our massive US overpopulation.

The fawns used to be taken in and raised by locals in the area and they would leave when grown and return with their families for a visit. It was a blessed sight to see until the Democrats made laws making it a felony to feed an abandoned fawn or take it in and nurture it to full age. The law is no one can feed them or rescue them. They must be left to die. Blame your own Democrat party for that law. It's a wicked thing to do but they already have turned murdering babies and selling their body parts into a business so we should not be shocked to learn they would do it to Bambi.

Oh if you only knew the drama from my parents. Yesterday was horrible. My brother says I need to stop going to my parents 4 days a week. They need a nurse and landscaper and babysitter, not me.
There is only One that you need to listen to concerning your parents. Get yourself a little New Testament book and put it in your pocket and when you are up in a tree read awhile and ask the LORD for wisdom and understanding. He tells us if any lack wisdom or understanding we can ask for it from God, Sealy. So ask!

The fawns are old enough to fend for themselves. It is why they set the date for hunting season. At that time of year, they won't die without mom. Deer aren't like humans. They don't take 18-however old you are to move out of their parents basement.

I do think we are way too overpopulated as a species. Maybe China had it right with the 1 child rule. And I am for killing killers and rapists. I'm also pro abortion. Imagine if all those aborters had those kids. They would be horrible parents and raise more horrible humans.

I had a wonderful time this weekend by the way. I sat up in a tree from 4:30am to 7pm. I can only shoot a 6 point or bigger buck now. No more doe. See, proper land management. You should see our hidden cameras. There are lot of deer on that property. But I didn't see nothing! That's because we give them 65 acres to live on. All we ask for is a doe every once in awhile and their biggest buck. We let spikes, 4 points, 6 points live. Guaranteeing the survival of the species. And the meat is so much better than beef. If you eat cow you are a hypocrite.

And there is a 10 foot bear on the property. If it eats me, don't feel sorry for me. I had it coming. I'll agree with you on that.

The fawns used to be taken in and raised by locals in the area and they would leave when grown and return with their families for a visit. It was a blessed sight to see until the Democrats made laws making it a felony to feed an abandoned fawn or take it in and nurture it to full age. The law is no one can feed them or rescue them. They must be left to die. Blame your own Democrat party for that law. It's a wicked thing to do but they already have turned murdering babies and selling their body parts into a business so we should not be shocked to learn they would do it to Bambi.
I understand all the reasons why we aren't supposed to feed the animals, but I agree we should feed the darn things. I love it that every so often I see a family of deer running through my neighborhood. I hope the neighbors are ok with them eating their gardens. Plant extra so they can eat. Isn't that what Jesus would do?

So why don't you just make a garden? There are lots of reasons why yo shouldn't feed the animals but no reason why they can't help themselves. Is there?

Stands and blinds are not hunting. It's sniping. Be a man, get out there and track, locate, and kill your prey.

There is only One that you need to listen to concerning your parents. Get yourself a little New Testament book and put it in your pocket and when you are up in a tree read awhile and ask the LORD for wisdom and understanding. He tells us if any lack wisdom or understanding we can ask for it from God, Sealy. So ask!
I did ask. He said you are on your own. He said that's life deal with it. Shit happens. He said be there for your parents and I am. Remember, honor thy parents? Oh, my Christian brother isn't very helpful to my parents. Not at all. Guess who is? This ATHIEST! Not a christian, not a god.

My parents were Christians. Not christiany enough for you but they were. Why did she get alzheimers? Why did Reagan get it? Why do many born agains get it?

I thought about this. If I started believing (which is impossible), and I started praying to this god because I wanted my parents to go to heaven or be cured, I would be guilty of the wishful thinking I accuse all you theists of. Sorry, just can't do it. Not that I don't want there to be a god and heaven. I just know better.

Stands and blinds are not hunting. It's sniping. Be a man, get out there and track, locate, and kill your prey.
I would love to but I want to shoot something and they won't even come in close enough when I'm sniping let alone walking and chasing them away. They are very sharp creatures. Keen sense of smell, hearing and sight. Even sitting in a tree if the wind blows the wrong way they will smell you and bolt. Good luck on the ground.

And I have shot deer from the ground. I made a ground blind near a fallen tree and I was totally hidden. I put a pumpkin out every day I went out. Every day I'd come back the pumpkin was eaten after I left. One day the buck was out early and he carelessly came running in for his daily pumpkin and blamo! I shot him with my crossbow.

Crossbow only good up to 60 years. Soon it will be muzzle loader and I'll be able to shoot 200 yards. Maybe I could stalk one and shoot it from 200 yards but not 60. But I'll stay put and bait them with apples, carrots, beats, corn and pumpkin.

I would love to but I want to shoot something and they won't even come in close enough when I'm sniping let alone walking and chasing them away. They are very sharp creatures. Keen sense of smell, hearing and sight. Even sitting in a tree if the wind blows the wrong way they will smell you and bolt. Good luck on the ground.

And I have shot deer from the ground. I made a ground blind near a fallen tree and I was totally hidden. I put a pumpkin out every day I went out. Every day I'd come back the pumpkin was eaten after I left. One day the buck was out early and he carelessly came running in for his daily pumpkin and blamo! I shot him with my crossbow.

Crossbow only good up to 60 years. Soon it will be muzzle loader and I'll be able to shoot 200 yards. Maybe I could stalk one and shoot it from 200 yards but not 60. But I'll stay put and bait them with apples, carrots, beats, corn and pumpkin.

Don't care ya do it, just be honest about it and don't call it something it aint. :)

Picking a carrot or potato out of your garden isn't gathering, it's gardening. :)

Lotta people do gather, dumpster diver types, people who go into a wood for mushrooms and berries, they're 'gatherers' and worthy of respect for the effort involved. Just as a 'hunter' is worthy of respect for walking all day following tracks until finding his quary and making a good shot.

All I'm saying. :)

Forum List

Back