I'm hearing that the great ammo panic is back

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
SG Ammo has 12,000 orders to fill and their sites says they’re 4-5 days deep in processing. Ammo is getting like oil. As soon as a fistfight breaks out in the Middle East, up goes the barrel - justified or not.....A election season does not help.

Meh, I learned my lesson during the Obama panic......I recently inventoried my ammo lockers and decided I need to double the amount of ammo I bring on each range trip, or I'll never use it all up in my lifetime. ;)

Still.....

7C44FB8D-438D-4E2A-9DA3-B6026D09F908-2425929.jpg

....You just never know.

A friend of mine used to be a binge ammo buyer. Now when he sells a gun he has to convince the buyer to buy his ammo too.

Gun and ammunition manufacturers know how to make use of a good crisis.

They also know how to manufacture one when there isn't one around to use.

My impression is that the heavily used ammo (9mm, 5.56, 7.62x39) is pretty reasonably priced, but the other stuff is expensive. Decent .45acp and .357 mag is pricey AF.

They are all out or dangerously low except Russia which has been organised for nearly two years now, but MSM either do not know this or are guarding this info. like it is top secret .
A lot of well placed people say that this is why the Israel push has been delayed and will be more fragmented once it gets really started .
Or even if .....

SG Ammo has 12,000 orders to fill and their sites says they’re 4-5 days deep in processing. Ammo is getting like oil. As soon as a fistfight breaks out in the Middle East, up goes the barrel - justified or not.....A election season does not help.

Meh, I learned my lesson during the Obama panic......I recently inventoried my ammo lockers and decided I need to double the amount of ammo I bring on each range trip, or I'll never use it all up in my lifetime. ;)

Still.....

....You just never know.
We don't have enough to fight WWIII. But we stocked up too during the lulls so have enough to feel reasonably secure in our home.

My impression is that the heavily used ammo (9mm, 5.56, 7.62x39) is pretty reasonably priced, but the other stuff is expensive. Decent .45acp and .357 mag is pricey AF.
What used to be common hunting calibers like .30-30 and .35 Remington are double the cost of say five years ago, $2.00 a round for the premium stuff. Maybe it just a change in taste as 6.5 Creedmoor is everywhere.

I know the major manufactures are only making .35 Remington about every three years now and .30-30 every two years. .35 Rem. is sold out in most places now.

My go-to for factory ammo.

Still.....

....You just never know.
I too, learned my lesson during the Obama days, so when prices normalized after he was gone, I'd pick up a box of ammo every trip

to Walmart. After a couple years of that pattern, looked around and said "Hey, you know, I probably have enough now."

When Obama was president, every day would involve scheming to get some kind of deal on .22 bullets.

Crappy bullets, even. I guess the uh.."Bucket of Golden bullets" is the next best thing to the best ones,

and is better than Thundercraps, but it is NOT optimal.

Still.....

....You just never know.
Hamas is coming to your door…

Better buy more ammo

Still.....

....You just never know.
"great ammo panic"

OP is in panic mode. Still...

BTW, OP is a pussy. Has me on ignore.

Last edited:
Based on this neurological disease that is in full swing the Allahu Akbar lads should have no trouble dealing with these jack asses .

It looked like .22 ammo was in short supply until Obama left office. Now you can get it anywhere. There is no point in stockpiling ammunition unless you shoot a lot. I used to reload .38 rounds when I shot a lot and it was interesting and relatively easy with modern equipment.

Forum List

Back