Zone1 I'm Gonna Say It: You're Living in a Simulation

I read just fine. The question is why do it?

The answer is for one’s own benefit. You follow the rules so you don’t get punished.
Everything could be broken down to self serving if you dig deep enough with a pessimistic perspective but the fact remains that virtuous acts can be both self serving and virtuous as long as they are spreading good and help for others.

God gave us free will in this universe to see who among us is worthy of TRUE LIFE.
Nonsense.

There is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.

And the notion of ‘free will’ is a cop-out.

An omnipotent deity would have comprehensive knowledge of, and control over, all future events; absent such knowledge and control, a deity is not omnipotent and incapable of ‘giving’ anything.

Everything could be broken down to self serving if you dig deep enough with a pessimistic perspective but the fact remains that virtuous acts can be both self serving and virtuous as long as they are spreading good and help for others.
Not everything just most things. Why do you keep making a moral argument?

Not really. More like a distinction without a difference.
The difference is some people see trump as a shitty president. That’s political. Some people see him as a God. That isn’t

Not everything just most things. Why do you keep making a moral argument?
Because you asked why virtue exists and I gave you my answer. If you disagree with either of my points then make a counter argument.

Because you asked why virtue exists and I gave you my answer. If you disagree with either of my points then make a counter argument.
Virtue exists for logical reasons. It is extant. Only virtue and the absence of virtue exists. The reason every argument you make is a moral argument is because it’s hard wired into you. Just like almost every other person on the planet.

Virtue exists for logical reasons. It is extant. Only virtue and the absence of virtue exists. The reason every argument you make is a moral argument is because it’s hard wired into you. Just like almost every other person on the planet.
So when I say virtue exists in nature and i reference how mothers of all animals feed and nurture and protect and sacrifice for their young… how is that me making a moral argument?

My second point. When I say civilizations teach and promote virtue to evolve and grow advanced societies… how is that a moral argument?

So when I say virtue exists in nature and i reference how mothers of all animals feed and nurture and protect and sacrifice for their young… how is that me making a moral argument?

My second point. When I say civilizations teach and promote virtue to evolve and grow advanced societies… how is that a moral argument?
It assumes a right and wrong and you choose right. It was actually your third moral argument. Your first moral argument involved trump. Your second moral argument involved your preference for spreading good and help for others.

It assumes a right and wrong and you choose right. It was actually your third moral argument. Your first moral argument involved trump. Your second moral argument involved your preference for spreading good and help for others.
I never stated my preference for anything. Virtue literally means goodness and high moral behavior. You asked me how I know it exists. I answered your question. Are you just arguing to argue? If not then please make your point?

I never stated my preference for anything. Virtue literally means goodness and high moral behavior. You asked me how I know it exists. I answered your question. Are you just arguing to argue? If not then please make your point?
You kinda did when you revealed your feelings for Trump. Which by the way is a moral argument.

You kinda did when you revealed your feelings for Trump. Which by the way is a moral argument.
My comment about Trump was a joke and a different line of discussion than the virtue question you asked

Not sure what we aren't "real.," but this existence isn't the REAL world. It only seems real to us because it's all we have to judge by.

"Simulation" may not be fully accurate, but with modern computer technology it's the closest thing we have.

It's why beings from outside our universe aren't bound by the laws that govern this universe.

God gave us free will in this universe to see who among us is worthy of TRUE LIFE.

"Simulation" may not be fully accurate, but with modern computer technology it's the closest thing we have.

physiology is a metaphysical substance that dissipates into the atmosphere when its unique spiritual content is removed - the (generic) software of the computer ceases to function without the hard drive - what isn't known is what happens to the unique spiritual content when removed from its (generic) physiology.

So I would be wrong to assume that you don’t feel morally superior to trump and his supporters?
Haha. Well Trump is a piece of shit and has proven that so I think most people and animals are morally superior to him. As for his supporters, no I wouldn’t judge their morality on a political vote. I don’t really like to judge anybody else’s morality cause what the hell do I know? I also don’t tend to compare myself to others. I’m just doing my thing as is everybody else in this life.

Why are you getting all personal about me all of a sudden? I thought we were talking about whether virtue exists

Face the fact that most of us are NPCs.

Forum List

Back