I'm going to tell you 99 things I saw, and one thing that was told to me.

"That being said, I think it was a little sloppy of the committee not to have also followed up with the Secret Service personnel before making the allegations public. But nobody should lose sight of the fact that of everything Hutchinson has said (at least, what has been made public) this is the only detail that she talked about which was not based on first hand knowledge, and she clearly stated as much."

Well, Stormy, I can understand your skepticism on the apparent 'sloppiness'. Especially given how organized, and close-to-the-vest the Committee has presented other testimonies.

However, in an analysis I read over the weekend, (NYT I think) the view was presented that the Hutchinson testimony was speeded up because of the pressure she was coming under by Meadows, and Trump allies to change her story or scale-back any descriptions of sketchy behavior she may have witnessed.

The pressure was real and ongoing. We got a strong clue of that with Cheney sending a clear warning that tampering with federal witnesses is really really bad juju. With really really bad consequences.

Ergo, the Committee put Hutchinson up early.....because they knew she had receipts on some of the sketchy business going on with the January 6th attack on our 'peaceful transfer of power'.

And they knew she had built a solid career within high reaches of Republican power....and was likely vulnerable to Republican threats or pressure. Especially given how young she was.

Lies, fraud, cheating. He cheated vendors, bankers, employers, wives, lawyers, investors, contractors and whines that he's a victim... That the system is rigged against him.
you know all of that how? were you a wife?

I doubt she knew which vehicle Trump used.

She was testifying to what she saw and heard.
Which is why hearsay is not considered strong evidence of anything. She swore she heard it was in the Beast, yet we're told it was not. That means that she at the very least heard something wrong, and which means her story should not be considered evidence.

Which is why hearsay is not considered strong evidence of anything. She swore she heard it was in the Beast, yet we're told it was not. That means that she at the very least heard something wrong.
well, if she can't get one fact right, she can't get any right.

Forum List

Back