I'm fine with Steve Bannon being convicted for contempt of congress, if it is the start of a trend

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
First of all, I don't know much about Steve Bannon. I gather that he is an important figure in the Never Trumpers' demonology, but I couldn't say why.

But, I get that he refused to testify before congress. I believe that congress has a right to call people to testify, and that - barring the taking of the fifth - require them to answer. Bannon volunteered to take the consequences of refusing, so let him take them. If that will be applied in the future.

I enjoy watching congressional and senate hearings. I find them entertaining and informative. Real hearings, not the Jan 6 sham.

What I do not enjoy is seeing people paid to supposedly work for me, refusing to answer questions posed by representatives of the people, and of the states. If it is the fifth, again I have no problem. When it is specious reasons such as executive privilege that the president has not invoked, "ongoing investigations" that never end, "law enforcement sensibilities," "intelligence operational concerns," and other nonsense, I feel as though the wool is being pulled over my eyes.

Forum List

Back