Republicans to Initiate Contempt of Congress Proceedings After Hunter Biden Defies Subpoena

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Republicans to Initiate Contempt of Congress Proceedings​

After Hunter Biden Defies Subpoena​

13 Dec 2023 ~~ By Cristina Laila

Hunter Biden on Wednesday arrived in DC and gave a press conference on Capitol Hill where he revealed he will only answer questions under his own rules despite a congressional subpoena.
Congressional Republicans subpoenaed Hunter Biden for a closed-door deposition related to his influence-peddling and family corruption.
Hunter Biden on Wednesday said he will only testify “at a public hearing.”
“My father was not financially involved in my business,” Hunter Biden said in the presser.
Hunter tacitly admitted that his father Joe Biden was involved in his overseas businesses in other ways.
House Oversight Chairman James Comer on Wednesday announced GOP lawmakers will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings after Hunter Biden brazenly defied a lawful subpoena.
“Hunter Biden today defied lawful subpoenas and we will now initiate contempt of Congress proceedings,” Comer said.
“We will not provide special treatment because his last name is Biden,” Comer added.

Commentary:
Congress has the power to arrest and imprison Hunter for 1 year. Do it!.
The question remains... When Congress refers the proceedings to the DoJ, will Garland enforce the Congressional contempt charges against Hunter as they did with Bannon?

**********​

Hunter Biden on Wednesday arrived in DC and gave a press conference on Capitol Hill where he revealed he will only answer questions under his own rules despite a congressional subpoena.
Congressional Republicans subpoenaed Hunter Biden for a closed-door deposition related to his influence-peddling and family corruption.
“My father was not financially involved in my business,” Hunter Biden said in the presser.
Hunter tacitly admitted that his father Joe Biden was involved in his overseas businesses in other ways.
House Oversight Chairman James Comer on Wednesday announced GOP lawmakers will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings after Hunter Biden brazenly defied a lawful subpoena.
“Hunter Biden today defied lawful subpoenas and we will now initiate contempt of Congress proceedings,” Comer said.
“We will not provide special treatment because his last name is Biden,” Comer added.

Commentary:
The question remains... When Congress refers the proceedings to the DoJ, will Garland enforce the Congressional contempt charges against Hunter as they did with Bannon?

Why does the hearing have to be behind closed doors? Why can't it be a public hearing?

An indicted suspect does not dictate the terms of its interrogation. Imagine if Charley Mansion declared he would only show up for court on Tuesdays.

Steve Bannon just received a 4 month prison sentence for this exact same offense - Contempt of Congress. He's only out on appeal.

So, the sentencing guidelines are in place. Lock this filthy piece of shit up for 4 months. He'll finally understand why his daddy calls them "predators". ;)

Fartwell is in trouble. He persuaded Hunter to defy the congressional subpoena. Hunter needs to be charged with contempt. After all, Joe Biden said a while back it's the DOJ’s Duty to Prosecute Anyone Who Defies Congressional Subpoena.

FLASHBACK: Watch as Joe Biden Affirms DOJ’s Duty to Prosecute Anyone Who Defies Congressional Subpoena​

Commentary:

**********​

Hmmmm.
Refusal to let it be live on c-span by the Republicans.
Behind closed doors where they can tape, but he cannot.
Behind closed doors, where they can release what they please, but he has nothing to release.
No testimony can be used to clear, but all testimony can be used against him in actual courts, where rules apply, on Federal Charges he is facing trial and possible imprisonment at the same time.
What possible reason would he have to testify?
I would be contemptuous, also.
Fk them.

An indicted suspect does not dictate the terms of its interrogation. Imagine if Charley Mansion declared he would only show up for court on Tuesdays.

Steve Bannon just received a 4 month prison sentence for this exact same offense - Contempt of Congress. He's only out on appeal.

So, the sentencing guidelines are in place. Lock this filthy piece of shit up for 4 months. He'll finally understand why his daddy calls them "predators". ;)
Nonsense he would walk in ass up begging for it!

Hmmmm.
Refusal to let it be live on c-span by the Republicans.
Behind closed doors where they can tape, but he cannot.
Behind closed doors, where they can release what they please, but he has nothing to release.
No testimony can be used to clear, but all testimony can be used against him in actual courts, where rules apply, on Federal Charges he is facing trial and possible imprisonment at the same time.
What possible reason would he have to testify?
I would be contemptuous, also.
Fk them.
When have the Repubs ever refused to release deposition testimony? You're spewing partisan lies.

Commentary:

**********​

The presently politically partisan and overtly corrupted Potato Administration Department of the Miscarriage of Justice wouldn’t proceed against the President’s son for contempt of Congress.

But the bigger question is obvious. Why would Yunter take that chance. Comply with the useless subpoena and invoke the 5th. Period.

Commentary:

**********​

That's cool. Make sure they include Gym Jordan et al as well.

Hunter Biden is making a huge mistake. All he had to do was go in and plead the 5th.
For once, we agree. And in his stunt to day, he sealed the vote for the impeachment inquiry against his daddy.

I imagine next steps are:
*House sues to enforce subpoena.
*Biden inserts that the House does not have a sufficient legislative interest.
*Appeals of ruling
*2024 election. Either new Congress or upon final ruling just asserts his 5th Amendment privilege.

Commentary:

**********​

You got him now....:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back