I'm Finally Ashamed Of My Country

The Democrats finally did it. They made me ashamed of the United States. They made me ashamed that on the 4th of July celebrating the greatness of America, our many heroes and our magnificent military with not one word about himself or any actual politics:
  • That only one of five network channels in my area even covered it.
  • That every democrat panned the event as "political."
  • That many in the MSM claimed they "hated it."
  • That every Democrat candidate attacked our president for championing the history and greatness of our fine nation and many key historical turning points and battles on its birthday as being "political" and a "threat" or as an "ego trip" while they were actually out politically CAMPAIGNING to be president themselves and using the day for politics!
  • That I have to share my country with so many people filled with so much blind hatred, envy and contempt for a man, that they cannot even stop to celebrate their nation's birthday, put down the partisanship for just 5 minutes to unite as Americans in reveling in the glory of our country.
  • That the partisan Left was so afraid that Trump might actually look good to and score points with the voters holding this glorious event that they would rather lampoon it rather than celebrate it.
Joe Biden says Trump's July 4th event is designed 'to stroke his ego' - CNNPolitics

2020 Democrats use July 4 to storm early contest states

I'm ashamed that I have to breathe the same air as democrats who would effectively try to boycott a celebration of our nation's birthday and its history by its president paying homage to great astronauts, heroes of medicine and our branches of the military as they saluted our jets flying overhead to the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

It was enough to bring a tear to one's eye.

I'm sorry to have to share the same sky with loathsome mongrels who would call a mere 2 Bradley fighting vehicles and tanks almost lost in the crowd a "threat" to their Resistance aimed at "dictatorial suppression."

I'm shocked that on one CNN program, where a guest said he thought it was cool and great to see a showcase of all this great military weaponry as the best of all fireworks, that all he got back from his CNN anchors was cold glares.

I regret having to walk the same soil as a bunch of unpatriotic cowards who would try to spin the many great displays of our finest in the military, marching bands and others. For those who missed it, here are links to Trump's speech, the flyovers, the modest parades and other demonstrations as well as the fireworks later on:

SALUTE TO AMERICA: President Trump HISTORIC Lincoln Memorial speech

These are the terrible events that CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN and MSNBC were too ashamed and didn't want you to see because they feared it might score Trump brownie points. The place there was literally PACKED. Not one more person could squeeze in. What a fabulous welcome sight as thousands actually proudly cheered: USA! USA! USA! USA! One of my favorite parts was as the crowd was able to go right up to a Bradley tank and put their hands on it. One fellow had his baby on his shoulders so he could see it.

Donald Trump: A total win.

View attachment 267839
View attachment 267840
View attachment 267841

If anything a Progressive does or says makes you ashamed of this great nation, where the fuck have you been all your life?
It's nothing new; they have been using the same ignorant playbook for the last 70 years, and probably for the next 70.

STFU if you are too stupid or lazy to actually READ my OP to know that it was just a play on words, a sarcasm, you IDIOT. Most everyone got that but YOU.

The Democrats finally did it. They made me ashamed of the United States. They made me ashamed that on the 4th of July celebrating the greatness of America, our many heroes and our magnificent military with not one word about himself or any actual politics:
  • That every Democrat candidate attacked our president for championing the history and greatness of our fine nation and many key historical turning points and battles on its birthday as being "political" and a "threat" or as an "ego trip" while they were actually out politically CAMPAIGNING to be president themselves and using the day for politics!
  • That I have to share my country with so many people filled with so much blind hatred, envy and contempt for a man, that they cannot even stop to celebrate their nation's birthday, put down the partisanship for just 5 minutes to unite as Americans in reveling in the glory of our country.
  • That the partisan Left was so afraid that Trump might actually look good to and score points with the voters holding this glorious event that they would rather lampoon it rather than celebrate it.
Joe Biden says Trump's July 4th event is designed 'to stroke his ego' - CNNPolitics

I'm ashamed that I have to breathe the same air as democrats who would effectively try to boycott a celebration of our nation's birthday and its history by its president paying homage to great astronauts, heroes of medicine and our branches of the military as they saluted our jets flying overhead to the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

I'm sorry to have to share the same sky with loathsome mongrels who would call a mere 2 Bradley fighting vehicles and tanks almost lost in the crowd a "threat" to their Resistance aimed at "dictatorial suppression."

I'm shocked that on one CNN program, where a guest said he thought it was cool and great to see a showcase of all this great military weaponry as the best of all fireworks, that all he got back from his CNN anchors was cold glares.

I regret having to walk the same soil as a bunch of unpatriotic cowards who would try to spin the many great displays of our finest in the military, marching bands and others. For those who missed it, here are links to Trump's speech, the flyovers, the modest parades and other demonstrations as well as the fireworks later on:

These are the terrible events that CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN and MSNBC were too ashamed and didn't want you to see because they feared it might score Trump brownie points. The place there was literally PACKED. Not one more person could squeeze in. What a fabulous welcome sight as thousands actually proudly cheered: USA! USA! USA! USA! One of my favorite parts was as the crowd was able to go right up to a Bradley tank and put their hands on it. One fellow had his baby on his shoulders so he could see it.

View attachment 267839
View attachment 267840
View attachment 267841

I turned it off when donny grifter lauded our Revolutionary Soldiers for seizing British airports at the start of the War....

Right, right, right. Obviously it was just a Freudian slip with him meaning to say just "ports" and the word "airport" coming out by mistake, a slip of the tongue probably because Trump goes through 10,000 airports a year and not one coastal port. But glad to know that you are so perfect that you are without the smallest flaw! I am in awe of your Greatness, Otto!

My father didn't fight for the right for queers to marry. Or to give illegal aliens some right or other to take over low level jobs from Americans. I don't think that is what Geo. Washington fought for either. All things being equal. And the civil war? We freed blacks. That's all the reparations they can expect...

Sure he did, because he fought for freedom. Once you start choosing what freedoms you think people should have, then there no longer is freedom.
Um, her father was defending our country
because our country was attacked

Based on your last sentence, freedom does not exist

View attachment 267839
View attachment 267840
View attachment 267841

Perhaps its time we outlawed liberalism. These traitors, these swine, the same punk ass weasels that give illegal aliens sanctuary unconstitutionally, without the benefit of democracy, same lame ass manipulative shit heads that complain about foreign collusion are the same shit heads that give Mexican illegal aliens Sanctuary cities. One nobody voted for And nobody is supposed to notice liberal collusion? Yeah, we notice. Lets have a congressional hearing on liberal foreign collusion and we will see were that goes.

Well, we pride ourselves on our civility and progress, but the sad truth is that in many countries around the world, people that go around spreading total hate and sedition as the Left routinely does against their own country are seen as a threat and charged with a crime and locked up! Of course, we are against that kind of total power because of the ease it can be abused, but look what it has gotten us instead:
  • Government, Schools, Media and Institutions full of such people basically speaking anarchy against their country so much so that their number would be harder to contain than all of the illegal immigrants!
So perhaps representative republics of free speech and rights ARE fleeting for that reason because mankind has not yet matured to that point where he can be entrusted with such freedom and responsibility!

My father didn't fight for the right for queers to marry. Or to give illegal aliens some right or other to take over low level jobs from Americans. I don't think that is what Geo. Washington fought for either. All things being equal. And the civil war? We freed blacks. That's all the reparations they can expect...

Sure he did, because he fought for freedom. Once you start choosing what freedoms you think people should have, then there no longer is freedom.
Um, her father was defending our country
because our country was attacked

Based on your last sentence, freedom does not exist

You are a trip. Whether a person fights in a sanctioned war, or whether they fight in a country helping an ally, it is all the same. If the President and Congress sends troops somewhere to combat, they are to follow orders the same as anywhere else. If the draft is enacted, then those who's numbers are picked have the responsibility to serve their country or prove they have a legitimate reason not to. Paying a doctor for a fake excuse is not one of those. You are making excuses.

My family has fought for freedoms too.

Since my three original photos in the OP somehow got eaten by the server, I'm reposting them here:

12399007_web1_Fourth-of-July-Trump-4.jpg

APTOPIX-Trump-Fourth-of-July.jpg

190702163926-trump-military-july-fourth-parade-foreman-dnt-lead-vpx-00014514-super-tease.jpg

So your defense of Trump is to say he did what liberals did? :blowpop:
That would be an indictment of trump [or anyone] not a defense...btw, that was the most beautifully patriotic 4th of july display I have seen since the 76 display...no one has done it better...btw, you sound exactly like the tv

No because he is trying to DEFEND Trump's behavior with the childhood argument of, "BUT SO AND SO DID IT!"

That would be an indictment of trump [or anyone] not a defense...btw, that was the most beautifully patriotic 4th of july display I have seen since the 76 display...no one has done it better...btw, you sound exactly like the tv

No because he is trying to DEFEND Trump's behavior with the childhood argument of, "BUT SO AND SO DID IT!"
No he's calling you and your ilk hypocrites.

Prove it. I don't defend ANY people that do things like that.
Now you're asking me to do what you were earlier calling childish...and where my post is concerned it matters not whether I can prove it or not since I was correcting what you were really being accused of as opposed to the make believe reason you posted.

You are the one that said it that way. I don't care who it is, if they used their standing and money to buy a fake excuse to be a draft dodger, they are a worthless piece of shit. Now, if they did that and also became President, and tried to use the military and fake their respect for the military to gain approval from the country, they are a piece of shit times 1,000.

What is so hard to understand about that? That poster said that Trump shouldn't be getting so much flak for dodging the draft because all kinds of liberals were doing it too. That was him defending Trump by saying others did it too. You're still wrong no matter how you slice it.

Then another poster is trying to defend Trump dodging the draft by saying it wasn't a war where the military was being used to DEFEND the United States... guess what? That doesn't fucking matter, go ask the family of a soldier that never came home whether they think that was a good excuse for Trump dodging the draft.

My ilk? Prove I'm a hypocrite. Go find anywhere that I have defended someone else that did what Trump did. Come on.. go ahead. In fact I did the opposite and praised guys that were rich and had lots to lose by serving their country... that DIDN'T do what Trump did. Guys like Clark Gable, Ted Williams, and Pat Tillman.

You are the one that said it that way. I don't care who it is, if they used their standing and money to buy a fake excuse to be a draft dodger, they are a worthless piece of shit. Now, if they did that and also became President, and tried to use the military and fake their respect for the military to gain approval from the country, they are a piece of shit times 1,000.

What is so hard to understand about that? That poster said that Trump shouldn't be getting so much flak for dodging the draft because all kinds of liberals were doing it too. That was him defending Trump by saying others did it too. You're still wrong no matter how you slice it.

Then another poster is trying to defend Trump dodging the draft by saying it wasn't a war where the military was being used to DEFEND the United States... guess what? That doesn't fucking matter, go ask the family of a soldier that never came home whether they think that was a good excuse for Trump dodging the draft.
You did it again...trump did not desert they did, yet you hold him to one standard while not even mentioning them, just some folks who you claim had standing and money...and jimmy kotta pardoned all those deserters that I think you want me to believe are POS's but want to deny calling them that at the same time...so clear that up for everyone, do you believe them to be POS's as well, for the record I do not..and now back to the actual point...
...you are being accused by another poster of using two different standards, and then accusing him of something he is not engaging in.

My ilk? Prove I'm a hypocrite. Go find anywhere that I have defended someone else that did what Trump did. Come on.. go ahead. In fact I did the opposite and praised guys that were rich and had lots to lose by serving their country... that DIDN'T do what Trump did. Guys like Clark Gable, Ted Williams, and Pat Tillman.
I have to ask lew, are you the poster nat4900? when you fly off the handle with your posts they give the same impression his did/do, that you spit when screaming at people...just asking

You did it again...trump did not desert they did, yet you hold him to one standard while not even mentioning them, just some folks who you claim had standing and money...and jimmy kotta pardoned all those deserters that I think you want me to believe are POS's but want to deny calling them that at the same time...so clear that up for everyone, do you believe them to be POS's as well, for the record I do not..and now back to the actual point...
...you are being accused by another poster of using two different standards, and then accusing him of something he is not engaging in.

Since you are going to continue to be delusional, I will no longer respond. Trump or his dad paid a doctor to give a fake diagnosis to the military to dodge the draft. He's a draft dodging loser who didn't respect the military then, and he lies about it now.

I have to ask lew, are you the poster nat4900? when you fly off the handle with your posts they give the same impression his did/do, that you spit when screaming at people...just asking

No. I'm not any other poster, and because of my independent political status, I've been hated by both sides. I had been a Republican my entire life, and was on the Clinton bashing train when I first joined. When the Republican party sold their soul to Trump I for the first time in my life did not support them, and it will take a pretty good fucking candidate to bring me back to the party.

Forum List

Back