I'm actually considering marriage

I'm not a fan of cable news and neither is my girlfriend. We would rather watch a movie, attend a concert or a sporting event.
Remember, you're still in the courting phase. She may be watching movies you like, or listening to musicians you like, or attending sporting events you like, because you like them.

When you are married you will go to sporting events with your buddies and she's going to do something she likes to do. Right now she likes whatever you like.

My brother said to me once, "do you know who my friends are? They are my wife's friends husbands." We get along great he said. But we never plan anything together. Rarely or occasionally they do for example one of the guys got my brother into hunting. But usually, they just hang out when the wives get together. And they get along great. He likes all of them. But they don't plan things the wives do. They are only friends because the wives are friends.

Reminds me of a SNL skit where the wives take their men to a dog park only instead of dogs it's their husbands playing with each other. Saying manly things. Playing catch. Hilarious.

No, I've seen people screw up scrambled eggs. They leave em on the heat too long.

You have to put em on the heat...take em off the heat...put em back on the heat...take em back off the heat, while working them. Like that.

And there's some other outliers regarding the proper way to and the butter in there that people ignore. You donlt wanna melt the butter in the pan before you put the eggs in there. Better to ut the butter in after the eggs so it melts the right way and gives a creamier scrambled egg.

Scrambled eggs are kind of an art to get right. It's about the consistency of the scrambled egg.

Also, and speaking of the consistency of the scrabled eggs, don't over mix the raw egg. That also ruins the consistency.

Matter of fact, don't mix em up at all prior to putting them in the pan. Just mix em up in the pan. That's the right way to do it.

Shit like that is why men are just better cooks.
I stopped using butter when I saw my Greek brother in law use olive oil. Never again will I use butter.

Remember, you're still in the courting phase. She may be watching movies you like, or listening to musicians you like, or attending sporting events you like, because you like them.

When you are married you will go to sporting events with your buddies and she's going to do something she likes to do. Right now she likes whatever you like.

My brother said to me once, "do you know who my friends are? They are my wife's friends husbands." We get along great he said. But we never plan anything together. Rarely or occasionally they do for example one of the guys got my brother into hunting. But usually, they just hang out when the wives get together. And they get along great. He likes all of them. But they don't plan things the wives do. They are only friends because the wives are friends.

Reminds me of a SNL skit where the wives take their men to a dog park only instead of dogs it's their husbands playing with each other. Saying manly things. Playing catch. Hilarious.
Yeah I guess every married couple is different. My wife is like my shadow. We always plan doing everything together as a couple. She goes everywhere with me, even to work sometimes. She goes to sporting events with me, watches same shows as I do on TV, goes camping with me, to the gym, we listen to the same music and go see music concerts together, to the movies together, out to eat together, to family gatherings together, we even visit each other's friends together. My wife will even follow me to the bathroom :) I guess I tend to just marry very clingy women. This has been her way for past 8 years. My past marriages followed the same pattern.

Yeah I guess every married couple is different. My wife is like my shadow. We always plan doing everything together as a couple. She goes everywhere with me, even to work sometimes. She goes to sporting events with me, watches same shows as I do on TV, goes camping with me, to the gym, we listen to the same music and go see music concerts together, to the movies together, out to eat together, to family gatherings together, we even visit each other's friends together. My wife will even follow me to the bathroom :) I guess I tend to just marry very clingy women. This has been her way for past 8 years. My past marriages followed the same pattern.
My dad and mom were the same way. My dad has been without her for 8 years now and still not over it. WE DID EVERYTHING TOGETHER he says. And he says, "maybe we should have been like everyone else. Had separate hobbies, friends. Because without her he may as well be dead.

My cousin had a great wife. He liked motorcycles so she learned how to ride and got a motorcycle. But then he started going to biker bars and eventually wanted to join a biker gang.

That's just one example but she was trying to do things with him and he clearly did not want her tagging along. He grew up with two dysfunctional parents and that has to be why he tossed a good girl away and now he's married to a bartender. Trash. Multiple kids with multiple daddies. Not even pretty. She's GROSS! But he has a type.

If I ever run into his ex I'm going to tell her she is so lucky! He did he a favor.

We both have good careers but also would like to have children. I will let her decide when it is the right time to raise a family.
Children can be one of life's greatest blessings, but they can also be a problem in marriage unless the parents mutually provide a united front in parenting.

And most authorities rank in order the top reasons for divorce in America:
--One or both partners is not committed for a lifetime together or willing to mutually work out the inevitable conflicts.
--Cheating (fidelity is a huge issue for most.)
--Chronic stress. (It can take its toll until it is intolerable for one or both partners. Addictions for instance can create such stress in a marriage.)
--Unrealistic expectations (which is why it is important to discuss what is important to each person and make decisions about whether that can or cannot be accomplished in a marriage to each other.)
--Financial difficulties. (I would put this one closer to the top. Even though you make a good income it is important to agree on how the money will be budgeted and spent, saved, invested, whatever.)
--Conflicting goals. (Are your ambitions for where you want to be one, five, ten, thirty, fifty years from now compatible?)

You haven't heard the term? It's when a man tries to dumb down an explanation for a woman. Not because she's stupid but because he thinks women are stupid. It was just a joke. You're a chickita right?

Yes l’ve heard the term, but l thought it meant something else.

After a couple months of dating a wonderful woman I am finally considering marriage. I've sowed my wild oats and at 34 I think it may be time to settle down and raise a family. She and I share many common interests and both of us have good careers. I am finally going to meet her parents as we are invited for dinner at their home. I hope to make a good impression.

What hobbies do you have? I was listening to Howard Stern the other day. One of his guys plays guitar all the time. All of them with wives admitted their hobbies went away when they got married. A wife isn't going to allow you to play 2 hours on a guitar, or play xbox.

I have been a bachelor for a long time and have dated many women but this gal has a certain quality about her that is almost irresistible.
Then you don't understand marriage. My spouse is a saint but even after 2-3 years of marriage the practical side and the spiritual side absolutely dominate.

Forum List

Back