Im a Zionist are you too?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
by the orders of the peaky fookin blinders
Are you too a Zionist? I remember in school I had briefly debates with muslim kids about Israel, well they were not arabs, but bosnians, but they supported Arabs and I supported Israel. That was before the age of internet and mobile phones. I also tend to take offense if someone hates jews, because I might be correctly or wrongly associate them with myself as Gypsy through the Holocaust.

As an Atheist with a long family history of Irish Roman Catholicism, I'd have to say no to that question.
I would suspect that in your distant family history, being Romani, the original religious faith was Hindu or Sikh, as it is said that the Romani originally migrated from India.

As an Atheist with a long family history of Irish Roman Catholicism, I'd have to say no to that question.
I would suspect that in your distant family history, being Romani, the original religious faith was Hindu or Sikh, as it is said that the Romani originally migrated from India.

They arrived in Europe as Christian pilgrims that is recorded by first chronicels of where gypsies appear, they left india way before that. They might have been hindu or sikh but that was really long in the past, and it was not recorded, just can be constructed by language or something like culture (only some small elements) and that doesnt matter, arabs, were not muslims in the distant past, neither were turks, and if you want before abraham jews were not jewish, abraham made a convenant with God that means his forebears were not believing in that one God. So I dont see the relevance here.

Geez...forget it. I just answered the question and tossed in what I've heard about the Romani past to see if it was based on some degree of fact.

Geez...forget it. I just answered the question and tossed in what I've heard about the Romani past to see if it was based on some degree of fact.

The Romani migrated out of india, yes. But since they are recorded as ethnic group or appear as group they were not hindus, what they were before is not written down, as romani didnt wrote down their history. In my family no one was a hindu, i dont know how distant you want it, but i dont count that as "my family" who my ancestors were in 250 BC. At some point my ancestors were primates.

Zionism is a defunct term; the founding of the Israeli state is a done deal and Zionism is a past tense term now.

That the Jews would assemble themselves in a concentrated area surrounded by hostile populations might not seem like a good idea to someone is not a basis for saying that person is "anti-Jewish". As "Zionism" is associated with the formation of the modern state of Israel, the above view could be interpreted as "anti-Zionist".

That the Jews would assemble themselves in a concentrated area surrounded by hostile populations might not seem like a good idea to someone is not a basis for saying that person is "anti-Jewish". As "Zionism" is associated with the formation of the modern state of Israel, the above view could be interpreted as "anti-Zionist".

Most countries don't want a failed state on their borders. I can't think of any except Israel.

The Romani migrated out of india, yes. But since they are recorded as ethnic group or appear as group they were not hindus, what they were before is not written down, as romani didnt wrote down their history. In my family no one was a hindu, i dont know how distant you want it, but i dont count that as "my family" who my ancestors were in 250 BC. At some point my ancestors were primates.
It doesn't need to be written down---there were other religions long before christians--------given where the Romani came from---they were another religion before becoming christian. Hinduism is 4000 years old---Shikism 4 or 5 hundred years old.....Gypsies left India 1500 years ago--hence before becoming christians, your family were HINDUS and likely a different religion before that.

It doesn't need to be written down---there were other religions long before christians--------given where the Romani came from---they were another religion before becoming christian. Hinduism is 4000 years old---Shikism 4 or 5 hundred years old.....Gypsies left India 1500 years ago--hence before becoming christians, your family were HINDUS and likely a different religion before that.
I don't see the relevance like I said because everyone has a pre Christian past or pre Muslim past Pakistani were likely Hindus too before becoming Muslim

That the Jews would assemble themselves in a concentrated area surrounded by hostile populations might not seem like a good idea

That's been situation for all of Jewish History ... it took 2,000 years to figure out that just moving to the next place wasn't working. The time came to take a stand.

b21fc1bbc05205aac3a9eea7806cdd55.jpg

Wherever they assemble, it’s hostile.

fncceo
That's been situation for all of Jewish History ... it took 2,000 years to figure out that just moving to the next place wasn't working. The time came to take a stand.

mindful
Wherever they assemble, it’s hostile.

Or maybe the jewish colonization of Palestine, the destruction of the indigenous society and expulsion of its people only served to remind us all why native populations were hostile to the presence of Jews in the first place.

Jewish communities were and are fine in North America and it would have been better for everyone if other Jews had joined them.

Forum List

Back