Illinois judge finds Firearm owner card unConstitutional....about time.

You are insisting I make a special trip to go get one when I already have ID to vote. It's sad how so many do not hold all of the Constitution to the same standard. It's quite like religion in picking and choosing.

You have to make a special trip to vote, anyway.

And that ID is the same one that you need in order to engage in many, many normal activities, ranging from opening a bank account, to buying beer, to cashing a check, and so on.

And an important distinction is that someone fraudulently voting, under an identity that is not his own, or who has already cast a vote\, or any number of other fraudulent practices, undermines everyone else's right to have their vote properly counted. Someone exercising his Second Amendment rights, under circumstances where one might claim he should not, does not diminish anyone else's exercise of that same right, as someone voting fraudulently diminishes the voting rights of others.

What it gets down to, no matter how vehemently you will deny it, is that those on your side WANT voter fraud to take place, because you expect your side to benefit from it; and that is the only reason why you oppose any measures to protect the integrity of the electoral system.

Screw off. I'm not jumping through your additional hoops.

In Illinois, in order to buy a gun, you have to get a Firearm Owners Identification Card.....and pay a fee and go through a background check....

An Illinois judge just declared this UnConstitutional....and it is about freaking time.......

The case of Illinois v. Vivian Claudine Brown been in the state court system for several years, now, and today’s decision is actually the second time that a judge has ruled Brown’s possession of a bolt-action rifle shouldn’t have been a crime, even though she didn’t possess a valid FOID card. Last year the Illinois State Supreme Court declared that the judge had unnecessarily ruled on the constitutionality of the FOID statute and sent the case back down to the Circuit Court for further review.

Well, that review has been made, and once again we have a declaration that the FOID requirement is a violation of the Second Amendment. In a thorough analysis of the state’s FOID law, Judge T. Scott Webb makes the astute observation that under Illinois law no one really has the right to keep and bear arms, even in their home. Instead, everyone is considered a prohibited person unless and until they fork over money to the state for a permission slip. Webb says that the entire process is “inverted,” adding:

The burden should be on the state to demonstrate that a citizen has committed an act thereby disqualifying them from being in the group of people that already possess a Second Amendment right. Instead, the opposite is true. A citizen in the state of Illinois is not born with a Second Amendment right. Nor does that right inure when a citizen turns 18 or 21 years of age. It is a facade. They only gain that right if they pay a $10 fee, complete the proper application, and submit a photograph.
-----------
Even in the best of circumstances, Illinois’ FOID requirement is an egregious abuse of government power, but the issue has become even more acute over the past year as the state has allowed tens of thousands of FOID applications to pile up. It’s taking an average of four months for the Illinois State Police to process a FOID application, which means people trying to exercise their Second Amendment rights are being forced to wait for weeks on end for permission to exercise a constitutionally protected right.

You don't need a picture id, we shouldn't need it for voting as it is our constitutional right.

Rights are not absolute, and are subject to stipulations or even revocation. Would you want convicted felons, illegals, or minors having to right to possess a firearm?

Illinois FOID card is a violation of the constitutional right to own a firearm, though.

Biden was hammered for noting that rights are not absolute.

Biden was stating an obvious fact that everyone knows. Even the right to life can become null and void when you take another person's life and are sentenced to death.

It was an obvious fact. It sure upset a lot of people. Go back and read the thread here. Many disagreed with that obvious fact.

Biden intends on limiting the gun rights of law-abiding, legal gun owners. The existing limitations against firearms only apply to those who are ineligible to posses them: Felons, illegals, minors, drug users, etc.

He's not going to be able to do much of anything. Politicians have learned to use guns, abortion, immigration to lead people around by the nose. They aren't really going to do anything about any of it. They can't.

What, if anything he does do, will only criminalize law-abiding gun owners, while at the same time, cause an increase in gun crimes by those who are legally-ineligible to even possess a firearm.

Democrats always cause unintended consequences from their legislations. That's a universal truth.
It's not uncommon for a legal and law abiding citizen to get caught in a lethal situation. Call 911? Call the donut shop, it's faster.

My voters registration card is just fine.

I've received those cards for the people who lived here before.
Should I get to vote more than once?
Sure why not.

Maybe republicans can cause their special!!

Why should dems have all the fun?
Its illegal to vote twice, but republicans suppress the vote.

Democrats nullify far more legitimate votes by means of fraud.

No, that's illegal. Sorry, if you are untrustworthy. Someone needs to keep an eye on you.

No, that's illegal.

But you said this card was just fine.......were you lying?

It is just fine.

If that was all I needed, I could vote multiple times. How could that be fine?

The right to bear "arms" ie. "carry weapons", that's means I have a right to carry any number of weapons, defensive or offensive. If they subvert that right "that shall not be infringed", they could arrest you for a concealed pocket knife, a heavy stick or a rock in your hand. All they'd need to do is change the legal meaning of the word "arms". If they dumb down the population enough they could get them to believe that they have a constitutional right to wear a sleeveless shirt, but not to carry a pistol.
The blade can no longer than 4.5" in Georgia so it can't reach the heart. The 4.5" blade knife easily reaches the throat if you know how to use it.
Only thing more screwed up, inconsistent, and unconstitutional than gun laws in this country are the knife laws.
I'm the dumbass who took a knife to a gun fight 33 years ago.
That's normally a bad idea, but like every rule, there are exceptions.

The root of "gunfight" isn't "gun", it's "fight"....... there are more than a few instances of people with guns who don't know how to actually fight, getting their asses handed to them by people who may not have a gun at the time, but do know how to fight. Such as when some cop gets his piece taken away from him, for instance.

And coincidentally, just about everyone who actually does know shit about fighting, is going to make sure they are armed whenever possible. Because while the lack of weapons can be overcome sometimes, it's always better to already have tools on you.

Sure why not.

We suppress the shit out of dead and illegal aliens voters.

Sure why not.

They all vote republican!!

Sure why not.

Did you get stuck in a snowdrift?
Your brain damage seems more severe today.

Get well soon!!!

No, that's illegal. Sorry, if you are untrustworthy. Someone needs to keep an eye on you.

No, that's illegal.

It is just fine.

We have already noted that someone needs to keep an eye on you.

Sure why not.

Trolls apparently get up early.

:rolleyes:

No, that's illegal.

It is just fine.

As long as you don't interfere with my right to vote with my voter registration card(s).

Sure why not.

Get well soon!!!

You'd be surprised but republicans never recount their counties or states for that matter, WHY NOT??

Sure why not.

Yes when my mind is fresh!!

Sure why not.

Yes when my mind is fresh!!
your mind is a joke you keep insisting anyone can own a fire arm when that simply is not true and never has been since day one and you claim them judge ruled that by eliminating a card.

Sure why not.

Get well soon!!!

You'd be surprised but republicans never recount their counties or states for that matter, WHY NOT??

They don't have to because they don't cheat.

No, that's illegal.

It is just fine.

As long as you don't interfere with my right to vote with my voter registration card(s).

They aren't yours.

Forum List

Back