Illinois judge finds Firearm owner card unConstitutional....about time.

The judge's decision will be overturned, easily.

The state has the right to regulate gun owners, yes.

The Second Amendment explicitly declares the right which it affirms to belong to the people, not the state, and forbids infringement of this right.

Where in “…the right of the people…shall not be infringed.” do you find the authority for the state to infringe that right?
Bob, it says "the right of the people", not the right of "Bob Blaylock" or "StormAI".

You being regulated if you are a felon is not violating "the right of the people." Take a civics class.

there should be no burden on the citizenry to enjoy those rights

I 100% absolutely agree. First you can't charge people for exercising their rights. Oddly many want to further burden me in exercising my right to vote though.
we just want you to prove who you are and that you are in the right place to vote,, that should be easy since you carry a DL with you almost all the time,,

gun ownership is a nationwide right and doesnt need to verify youre in the right place

I've voted since 1980 and have always found the right place. I don't need your help.
its not just about you,, its about the integrity of the vote and the other 225 million eligible people

There has been no problem with the integrity of the vote outside of those with little minds and it is about me when you want me to go through additional steps to vote.

There is no question about the election integrity of our voting, only of the election integrity of the Right.

I 100% absolutely agree. First you can't charge people for exercising their rights. Oddly many want to further burden me in exercising my right to vote though.
we just want you to prove who you are and that you are in the right place to vote,, that should be easy since you carry a DL with you almost all the time,,

gun ownership is a nationwide right and doesnt need to verify youre in the right place

I've voted since 1980 and have always found the right place. I don't need your help.
its not just about you,, its about the integrity of the vote and the other 225 million eligible people

There has been no problem with the integrity of the vote outside of those with little minds and it is about me when you want me to go through additional steps to vote.
thanks for your opinion,, but we are talking about reality,,

thanks for your opinion,, but we are talking about reality,,
Then get into it.

And yet there is a binding federal law restricting the use and sale of Schedule I drugs like pot, while there isn't one restricting high-capacity magazines and other firearm accessories.

Both are/would be unconstitutional. The federal government has no legitimate authority to impose laws affecting either. Since the Constitution doesn't mention drug abuse, the Tenth Amendment reserves the power to the states to deal with that. It's none of the federal government's business what, if anything, any state chooses to do about it. Not that it stops the federal government from usurping powers to which it has no claim. Probably most of what the federal government does, it does illegally, in violation of the Tenth Amendment.

And the Second Amendment explicitly designates the right to keep and bear arms to the people, denying all parts of government any authority to infringe this right.

Last edited:
Bob, it says "the right of the people", not the right of "Bob Blaylock" or "StormAI".

Are you saying that I am not part of “the people”, and not entitled to whatever rights belong thereto? Who are “the people” if not you, me, and every other free American citizen?
Criminals of the People are also the people.

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Illinois State Constitution)

That is a free State's sovereign right.

how so? who is asking you for a fee?

Are you saying that I am not part of “the people”, and not entitled to whatever rights belong thereto? Who are “the people” if not you, me, and every other free American citizen?
Criminals of the People are also the people.

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Illinois State Constitution)

That is a free State's sovereign right.
mcDonald vs Chicago

I live in Illinois and have a FOID card. I think it’s a stupid law and just one more way for Illinois to collect money from the population. You can bet that with all of the shootings going on in Chicago the FOID card does nothing to stop that crazy situation.

I live in Illinois and have a FOID card. I think it’s a stupid law and just one more way for Illinois to collect money from the population. You can bet that with all of the shootings going on in Chicago the FOID card does nothing to stop that crazy situation.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Thousands do it every day.
Negative Ghostrider...I can't sell you a firearm unless I know for a fact you are a Missouri resident. That means I must see your ID.

"It is also illegal to sell a firearm to a resident of another state without going through a dealer, and sellers cannot ship directly to (non-FFL) buyers in another state. Selling to convicted felons and any other prohibited purchaser is illegal as well."

Thousands do it every day.
Negative Ghostrider...I can't sell you a firearm unless I know for a fact you are a Missouri resident. That means I must see your ID.

"It is also illegal to sell a firearm to a resident of another state without going through a dealer, and sellers cannot ship directly to (non-FFL) buyers in another state. Selling to convicted felons and any other prohibited purchaser is illegal as well."

Thousands do it everyday. Don't counter me again on this unless you can prove this is not true. The local flea markets are full of guns. The local bulletin boards are full of guns. People sell their guns everyday and no one is asking for an I.D.

People sell their guns everyday and no one is asking for an I.D.
I've never bought a gun...FFL or private sale...that I wasn't asked for an ID. Single shot shotguns to AR-15s from private individuals...always wanting to make sure I am a resident.

How many guns have you bought?

People sell their guns everyday and no one is asking for an I.D.
I've never bought a gun...FFL or private sale...that I wasn't asked for an ID. Single shot shotguns to AR-15s from private individuals...always wanting to make sure I am a resident.

How many guns have you bought?

Irrelevant. As is what you claim to have done. There are thousands of private gun sales everyday. There is NO requirement on private citizens to do squat in most places.

Forum List

Back