Illegal alien gets law license in NY. Is currently working on Bernie campaign

I actually don't have a problem with non-citizens pursuing their education here (if they do it legally, such as with a student visa)....

But this may open up a new can of worms...

Is Bernie's campaign paying him???

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

Generally when lawyers work for campaigns, they work pro bono.

At least for Democrats.
That may be possible, but how is he paying the rent and surviving???

Bernie has to be wondering, right???

Unless Bernie is aware of illegal employment, or just supporting him with "free shit", paid for by US taxpayers....

Huh?

Would you mind repeating that, in English this time?
Sure...

If you have a "volunteer" who can't legally hold a job, but seems to be doing quite well for himself, rational people would at least wonder how he does that...

Is Bernie choosing to overlook the obvious answer, or is good ol' "Uncle Bernie" helping him out with "freebies" or a paycheck???

I actually don't have a problem with non-citizens pursuing their education here (if they do it legally, such as with a student visa)....

At least for Democrats.

Unless Bernie is aware of illegal employment, or just supporting him with "free shit", paid for by US taxpayers....

Huh?

Sure...

If you have a "volunteer" who can't legally hold a job, but seems to be doing quite well for himself, rational people would at least wonder how he does that...

Is Bernie choosing to overlook the obvious answer, or is good ol' "Uncle Bernie" helping him out with "freebies" or a paycheck???

How do you know whether he "seems to be doing quite well for himself"? Have you met the man, or are you just making shit up as you go along?

What "taxpayer-funded freebies" does Bernie Sanders have to give, exactly?

At least for Democrats.

Huh?

Sure...

How do you know whether he "seems to be doing quite well for himself"? Have you met the man, or are you just making shit up as you go along?

I haven't met him, but I seriously doubt a Presidential candidate would have a lawyer that's sleeping in a cardboard box behind his campaign headquarters...

But with Crazy Bernie, I guess anything's possible....

At least for Democrats.

Huh?

Sure...

I haven't met him, but I seriously doubt a Presidential candidate would have a lawyer that's sleeping in a cardboard box behind his campaign headquarters...

What makes you think that Bernie Sanders even knows who this guy is?

You understand that campaigns are big organizations, right?

Huh?

Sure...

You would think Bernie would at least have a passing acquaintance with his lawyers, especially considering the questions this raises...

But Democrats don't care, especially after Hillary's antics, do they???

Huh?

Sure...

You would think Bernie would at least have a passing acquaintance with his lawyers, especially considering the questions this raises...

what questions?

honest question, what would you like to see happen to the lawyer?

The man's history is right there in the article:

Vargas and his mother fled Mexico after his father died. He was just 5 years old. He attended public school in Brooklyn, put himself through college and then CUNY Law School.

Public school, city university. What it doesn't say is that is mother and he probably held down numerous subsistence jobs during that time. That's the American dream.

And that's why the comfortable never-missed-a-meal RWs despise him and everyone like him.

"Illegal alien gets law license in NY. Is currently working on Bernie campaign"

Wrong again.

The ignorance common to many on the right is truly disturbing.

One is not 'illegal' until such time as he has been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country, or remaining in the country, absent authorization.

Until that time undocumented immigrants are presumed innocent and are entitled to due process of the law, in accordance with the 14th Amendment, such as being allowed to obtain a license to practice law in a given state.

What's amusing is that this undocumented immigrant knows more about our laws and Constitution than the ignorant, rightwing bigots who just happen to be citizens.
If they come to this country without following the proper procedures they are breaking the law.

Vargas and his mother fled Mexico after his father died. He was just 5 years old. He attended public school in Brooklyn, put himself through college and then CUNY Law School.

Public school, city university. What it doesn't say is that is mother and he probably held down numerous subsistence jobs during that time. That's the American dream.

And that's why the comfortable never-missed-a-meal RWs despise him and everyone like him.

he had no choice about his immigration status. he did everything right.

and this is why there needs to be a path to citizenship for people like him. i'm glad the five panel court agreed.

i wish him well.

Public school, city university. What it doesn't say is that is mother and he probably held down numerous subsistence jobs during that time. That's the American dream..
No, the American Dream is to do it LEGALLY.

I know Democrats are so full of criminal syndicates these days that they dont remember what it means to do things legally, but it still matters to the rest of us, dude.

Sure...

what questions?

What makes you think this guy is "his lawyer"?

what questions?

He is a lawyer, plus he works for the Sanders Campaign.

You think he is cleaning toilets or something because he is Hispanic?

What amazes me is that you argue about such a triviality when we have a LAWYER OF THE BAR IN NEW YORK WHO IS HERE ILLEGALLY!

WTF are you people smoking?

what questions?

He is a lawyer, plus he works for the Sanders Campaign.

You think he is cleaning toilets or something because he is Hispanic?

What amazes me is that you argue about such a triviality when we have a LAWYER OF THE BAR IN NEW YORK WHO IS HERE ILLEGALLY!

WTF are you people smoking?

Why should I care that we have a "LAWYER OF THE BAR IN NEW YORK WHO IS HERE ILLEGALLY"?

Why should I care that we have a "LAWYER OF THE BAR IN NEW YORK WHO IS HERE ILLEGALLY"?
Isnt the first duty of an officer of the court to respect and uphold the law?

How does someone do that who is breaking the law every day by just being here without the permission of our government?

One is not 'illegal' until such time as he has been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country, or remaining in the country, absent authorization.

Until that time undocumented immigrants are presumed innocent and are entitled to due process of the law, in accordance with the 14th Amendment, such as being allowed to obtain a license to practice law in a given state.

Oh, of all the ridiculously desperate bullshit spinning! That shit is worse than than "partial birth abortion."

Public school, city university. What it doesn't say is that is mother and he probably held down numerous subsistence jobs during that time. That's the American dream..
No, the American Dream is to do it LEGALLY.

So what penalty do you think a five-year-old merits?

Isnt the first duty of an officer of the court to respect and uphold the law?

How does someone do that who is breaking the law every day by just being here without the permission of our government?

Please, quote the law that he is breaking "every day". I'll wait.

Huh?

But English as a First Language is so hard -!

Which, I guess, is why so many people want Americans to learn Spanish....to make the illegal immigrants feel more comfortable.

Americans are quite possibly the only people on the planet who are proud of their inability to speak more than one language. And I've noticed RWs in particular have more problems with that one than anyone else.

Forum List

Back