IL bans self service gas?

A lot of people drive around mindlessly. The sign is a warning to those who are sleeping behind the wheel which are many of them. As a truck driver, I seen what people are doing in their cars when I look down. Always with the cell phone or iPad, always looking around like there's really something to see. Just not keeping their eyes on the road.

I gave up truck driving when it went from Class 2 and 3 to CDL and you had to ask the trooper to hold the jar while you pissed in it on the side of the road. Hope you get to avoid New England and CA. Good luck to you, I'd rather starve than drive with the stupid again.

They just made more regulations that put me out of a job. Bureaucrats seem to know more than doctors with our government today. I was local and just stayed in Ohio. I applied for disability, but who knows how that will go. I'm a few months from being 60. I have no idea what else they expect me to do at this point. I spent 30 years driving a tractor-trailer. It's a little too late to get training and start a new career, even if I could find somebody willing to hire a 61 year old rookie at something.
What happened to you?

I always had disabilities, but they let me drive with a lot of restrictions. I have to take a DOT physical every year, and when I developed another medical condition, the government doctor told me late last year he wouldn't give me my medical card. He told me it was time to hang it up.

Just a few years ago, they allowed your own doctor to make the determination if you could drive or not. But some genius bureaucrat came up with a brilliant idea: have a government doctor that doesn't treat your conditions make that decision. It took me five or six weeks to find this one guy willing to stick his neck out for me, but now he said he can no longer do it. If they left it the way it was, I'm sure my doctors would have signed me out.

What's wrong with you? I'm pretty sure any doctor (and many others, like an NP or PA) can do a DOT physical.

I saw this on Bulls and bears yesterday so, I was looking for the threads about this stunt but I haven't found one yet

One more reason to move out of this stupid ass state.

We have gas stations with 30 pumps, how many attendants would it take to be able to keep them all running at the same time?
Seven

How did you come to that magic number?

7 are going to run 30 pumps and check oil, tires and windshields?
You really think they still do that? Yeah, no.

Where I live now, it's mostly a tourist/retirment town. There are a lot of farm widows. They sold the farm so they have lots of capital, and retired moved to town, their husbands have passed. They need someone to do handman's jobs. I can knit a sweater, I can sew a tailored overcoat, I don't know how to hang a picture.

I have an neighbour who will come over for an afternoon and help with all the things I never learned to do with three older brothers in the trades and a carpenter husband. My neighbour does similar work for three other women, and yard work for two of the. He also looks comes in and feeds my cat when I'm travelling. All of my other farm widow friends have a nice older man who they trust not to rip them off, or do shoddy work, who comes to help them with such things. One friend has her guy help her with her vegetable garden.

All the old ladies have guys like this. I don't know what how I'd get any of this stuff done without him.

I used to do that when self employed. Some jobs I bid and had to charge. The ones I said "no charge" would make me take $$ anyway. Like change some lightbulbs, replace a bad switch. Made them happy gave me a feel good. I also made a living and I am sure because God saw I was doing good for people needed it.

What happened to you?

Who? when you members quote 3 people at a time who knows who you ask a question. Try reply, clean it off to the quote of whom you are quoting.

Piss off, bitch. If I wanted your opinion, I would give it to you.

Oh good boy. Feel better now asshat? Now you can ignore me cause if I ever want to hear from you I'll squeeze it out of that pimple you call a head.

They said I was refused SSD, but that was expected. It's better that they did. SSID pays you the same as if you retired today at the age of 67. I feel bad in a way, but as you said, I was forced on this program and paid into it my entire life, along with my employers who had to match my contributions. I probably won't make it to average lifespan everything considered, but it was government who put me out of work, so it should be government who I collect from.

Apply again and stay away from lawyers. They say wait till 65 for SSI? If one starts at 62 and gets $12K a year for 3 years vs wait until 65 to get $1200 a month more, how long does it take to make up the $36K you already got? Most die before recoup.

They said I was refused SSD, but that was expected. It's better that they did. SSID pays you the same as if you retired today at the age of 67. I feel bad in a way, but as you said, I was forced on this program and paid into it my entire life, along with my employers who had to match my contributions. I probably won't make it to average lifespan everything considered, but it was government who put me out of work, so it should be government who I collect from.

Apply again and stay away from lawyers. They say wait till 65 for SSI? If one starts at 62 and gets $12K a year for 3 years vs wait until 65 to get $1200 a month more, how long does it take to make up the $36K you already got? Most die before recoup.

There are two disability programs: SSI and SSDI. I'm not applicable for SSI because of my rental income. It only pays about half of what SSDI pays anyhow. I was told SSI was kind of like a welfare program. So right now I'm waiting for word on SSDI which takes 3 to 5 months before I get an answer. They told me up front I'm not going to get SSI which is a good thing, but they had to send me a rejection letter as procedure.

I applied on Dec 11th which puts me over two months into the waiting process. When I asked about what they do once I hit retirement age at 67, they said it's all internal. I won't see any difference at all because what I would get on SSDI is the same amount I would be getting for SS retirement at 67.

If this had not happened, then I would have just likely retired at 62 which pays 75% of what you'd get if you waited until 67. I could have continued working if I wanted during that time and would have done much better.

Seems like 2 1/2 years to recoup

A lot of people drive around mindlessly. The sign is a warning to those who are sleeping behind the wheel which are many of them. As a truck driver, I seen what people are doing in their cars when I look down. Always with the cell phone or iPad, always looking around like there's really something to see. Just not keeping their eyes on the road.

I gave up truck driving when it went from Class 2 and 3 to CDL and you had to ask the trooper to hold the jar while you pissed in it on the side of the road. Hope you get to avoid New England and CA. Good luck to you, I'd rather starve than drive with the stupid again.

They just made more regulations that put me out of a job. Bureaucrats seem to know more than doctors with our government today. I was local and just stayed in Ohio. I applied for disability, but who knows how that will go. I'm a few months from being 60. I have no idea what else they expect me to do at this point. I spent 30 years driving a tractor-trailer. It's a little too late to get training and start a new career, even if I could find somebody willing to hire a 61 year old rookie at something.
What happened to you?

I always had disabilities, but they let me drive with a lot of restrictions. I have to take a DOT physical every year, and when I developed another medical condition, the government doctor told me late last year he wouldn't give me my medical card. He told me it was time to hang it up.

Just a few years ago, they allowed your own doctor to make the determination if you could drive or not. But some genius bureaucrat came up with a brilliant idea: have a government doctor that doesn't treat your conditions make that decision. It took me five or six weeks to find this one guy willing to stick his neck out for me, but now he said he can no longer do it. If they left it the way it was, I'm sure my doctors would have signed me out.

What's wrong with you? I'm pretty sure any doctor (and many others, like an NP or PA) can do a DOT physical.

They can do a physical, but they changed the requirements that the physicals had to be done by a government certified doctor, which my doctors were not. So what I had to do was find a doctor that was willing to do the physical and certify me even though he was not treating my conditions. No doctor wants to do that. I called about a hundred places from the list that gave me. I can't blame the doctors either. It's too much liability for them to take on.

I saw this on Bulls and bears yesterday so, I was looking for the threads about this stunt but I haven't found one yet

We have gas stations with 30 pumps, how many attendants would it take to be able to keep them all running at the same time?
Seven

What are you smoking?

Nobody checks oil, tires or washes windshields anymore. They come, start the pump and come back when it stops and take your money

That's what I thought you were talking about as well. When you said they have full service, I was thinking it was like full service was years ago when they did do those things.

Seven

What are you smoking?

Nobody checks oil, tires or washes windshields anymore. They come, start the pump and come back when it stops and take your money
I think it's because they're tired of people pumping and driving off with the nozzle still attached to the gas tank. .
That the Chicago way.

Seven

What are you smoking?

That's what I thought you were talking about as well. When you said they have full service, I was thinking it was like full service was years ago when they did do those things.
My car broke down at a gas station once
Worst place to break down. They won’t do anything to help youn

Seven

You really think they still do that? Yeah, no.

But the moron that is pushing this law wants them to do all those things, it is part of her law.

I'm glad I am in KY, after 55 years in the north and 11 here.

Try and find a full serve station. I know of one in a 50 mi radius. I was kinda shocked to see there are NOT "no smoking signs" at pumps! But then when has any smoker blown up a station pumping gas (yea some libtard will find 1 example)

. . .

1 example?? Here are several, just off the top of my head:

Bodega Bay filling station explodes after match discarded by cigar smoker ignites gasoline

Four models killed in gas station explosion, authorities cite smoking, horseplay as likely factors

Armed gunman injured in police shootout after cigarette causes gas station explosion, killing attendant

Forum List

Back