IL bans self service gas?

A lot of people drive around mindlessly. The sign is a warning to those who are sleeping behind the wheel which are many of them. As a truck driver, I seen what people are doing in their cars when I look down. Always with the cell phone or iPad, always looking around like there's really something to see. Just not keeping their eyes on the road.

I gave up truck driving when it went from Class 2 and 3 to CDL and you had to ask the trooper to hold the jar while you pissed in it on the side of the road. Hope you get to avoid New England and CA. Good luck to you, I'd rather starve than drive with the stupid again.

They just made more regulations that put me out of a job. Bureaucrats seem to know more than doctors with our government today. I was local and just stayed in Ohio. I applied for disability, but who knows how that will go. I'm a few months from being 60. I have no idea what else they expect me to do at this point. I spent 30 years driving a tractor-trailer. It's a little too late to get training and start a new career, even if I could find somebody willing to hire a 61 year old rookie at something.

Yeah, you're pretty much fucked after age 60. You might find something doing deliveries for a local pharmacy, or business, but it wouldn't pay like big rig driving.

In Canada, you can take an early pension at age 60, but in a reduced amount. It's not enough to live on. When I first moved out here I worked in a local law office and for a couple years, but the lawyer was an asshole, and the pay was crap, As soon as I settled up with my ex husband and got my new home together, I quit.. I retired at age 66.

I'm all set now until I have to move into assisted living. Life is good.

My lawyer said that under the condition, I shouldn't have any problem collecting disability. However everybody I talked to that went on it said it's hell to get. So at least for now, that's the route I'm going. If they give me a problem, let the lawyers handle it. The one I hired is an expert at handing claims by drivers who lose their license or medical card because of disabilities.

I saw this on Bulls and bears yesterday so, I was looking for the threads about this stunt but I haven't found one yet

One more reason to move out of this stupid ass state.

We have gas stations with 30 pumps, how many attendants would it take to be able to keep them all running at the same time?

They just made more regulations that put me out of a job. Bureaucrats seem to know more than doctors with our government today. I was local and just stayed in Ohio. I applied for disability, but who knows how that will go. I'm a few months from being 60. I have no idea what else they expect me to do at this point. I spent 30 years driving a tractor-trailer. It's a little too late to get training and start a new career, even if I could find somebody willing to hire a 61 year old rookie at something.

I'm 65. Good luck to you. Go self employed, I did 1985, best thing I ever did. Did landscaping (good bucks) licensed bonded general contractor a while (easier to get than one would think) But there are driving related self employment jobs make good bucks too. Self employment is great. May starve a bit but your own boss. Bosses suck so got a complaint take it to yourself! I liked that part. Complain to myself then fix it.

I'm 65. Good luck to you. Go self employed, I did 1985, best thing I ever did. Did landscaping (good bucks) licensed bonded general contractor a while (easier to get than one would think) But there are driving related self employment jobs make good bucks too. Self employment is great. May starve a bit but your own boss. Bosses suck so got a complaint take it to yourself! I liked that part. Complain to myself then fix it.

25 years ago, it's something I might have done. At this age, I'm just spinning my wheels now. I was going to retire in two years anyhow. I have a lot to take care of with this property and apartments. I'll stay busy.

I always had disabilities, but they let me drive with a lot of restrictions. I have to take a DOT physical every year, and when I developed another medical condition, the government doctor told me late last year he wouldn't give me my medical card. He told me it was time to hang it up.

Just a few years ago, they allowed your own doctor to make the determination if you could drive or not. But some genius bureaucrat came up with a brilliant idea: have a government doctor that doesn't treat your conditions make that decision. It took me five or six weeks to find this one guy willing to stick his neck out for me, but now he said he can no longer do it. If they left it the way it was, I'm sure my doctors would have signed me out.

Think self employment, it's not bad worked for me till I retired. Broke and retired but paid for 13 acre mini farm, 6 buildings. 2 trucks and a Anniversary Vette. awesome Kubota 45 hp and all implements including grapple, roto, 3200 trailer. Wife I have known 45 years... Just go for it man, I know you can. I was/am very disabled too but did it. If you open your mind, doors open, really.

25 years ago, it's something I might have done. At this age, I'm just spinning my wheels now. I was going to retire in two years anyhow. I have a lot to take care of with this property and apartments. I'll stay busy.

Where I live now, it's mostly a tourist/retirment town. There are a lot of farm widows. They sold the farm so they have lots of capital, and retired moved to town, their husbands have passed. They need someone to do handman's jobs. I can knit a sweater, I can sew a tailored overcoat, I don't know how to hang a picture.

I have an neighbour who will come over for an afternoon and help with all the things I never learned to do with three older brothers in the trades and a carpenter husband. My neighbour does similar work for three other women, and yard work for two of the. He also looks comes in and feeds my cat when I'm travelling. All of my other farm widow friends have a nice older man who they trust not to rip them off, or do shoddy work, who comes to help them with such things. One friend has her guy help her with her vegetable garden.

All the old ladies have guys like this. I don't know what how I'd get any of this stuff done without him.

That should supplement a retirement income. SSI not far. Or SSD now. Get it, you worked for it.

They said I was refused SSD, but that was expected. It's better that they did. SSID pays you the same as if you retired today at the age of 67. I feel bad in a way, but as you said, I was forced on this program and paid into it my entire life, along with my employers who had to match my contributions. I probably won't make it to average lifespan everything considered, but it was government who put me out of work, so it should be government who I collect from.

I saw this on Bulls and bears yesterday so, I was looking for the threads about this stunt but I haven't found one yet

We have gas stations with 30 pumps, how many attendants would it take to be able to keep them all running at the same time?
Seven

How did you come to that magic number?

7 are going to run 30 pumps and check oil, tires and windshields?

I always had disabilities, but they let me drive with a lot of restrictions. I have to take a DOT physical every year, and when I developed another medical condition, the government doctor told me late last year he wouldn't give me my medical card. He told me it was time to hang it up.

Just a few years ago, they allowed your own doctor to make the determination if you could drive or not. But some genius bureaucrat came up with a brilliant idea: have a government doctor that doesn't treat your conditions make that decision. It took me five or six weeks to find this one guy willing to stick his neck out for me, but now he said he can no longer do it. If they left it the way it was, I'm sure my doctors would have signed me out.

Think self employment, it's not bad worked for me till I retired. Broke and retired but paid for 13 acre mini farm, 6 buildings. 2 trucks and a Anniversary Vette. awesome Kubota 45 hp and all implements including grapple, roto, 3200 trailer. Wife I have known 45 years... Just go for it man, I know you can. I was/am very disabled too but did it. If you open your mind, doors open, really.

Oh, I'm keeping my eye out. But to start a business at this age is simply not feasible. It takes years to get a business going, and you have to be physically capable of doing so. Right now, I'm taking eight different medications a day as it is. Some of them make you a little dizzy, and others make you want to lay down or sleep all the time.

Ray From Cleveland said:
Right now, I'm taking eight different medications a day as it is. Some of them make you a little dizzy, and others make you want to lay down or sleep all the time.
I'm Thinking Of Getting A White Suit
And Selling Pressure Cookers

Col. Sanders.jpg

Ray From Cleveland said:
Right now, I'm taking eight different medications a day as it is. Some of them make you a little dizzy, and others make you want to lay down or sleep all the time.
I'm Thinking Of Getting A White Suit
And Selling Pressure Cookers

Col. Sanders.jpg

Not Really
I Have A Wood Lathe And Make Bowls And Vases From Logs
Occasionally I Even Do Some Carving
I Never Want It To Become A New Job
I'm Perfectly Happy In My Poverty

Jarlaxle said:
Are you on some sort of drugs?
What Part Don't You Understand ??
If You're On Drugs, They'll Wear Off
Otherwise You Have Comprehension Problems
And You Can't Fix Stupid

ron white stupid.jpg

Seven

How did you come to that magic number?

7 are going to run 30 pumps and check oil, tires and windshields?

What are you smoking?

Nobody checks oil, tires or washes windshields anymore. They come, start the pump and come back when it stops and take your money

Forum List

Back