IKE's Farewell Address

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Well worth listening to, especially on the Fourth of July in the year 2019.

I would hope that the reader will listen, and learn from our history, and President Eisenhower's message to the nation in Jan. 1961.

A speech of common sense and a message to the future, sadly his lifetime learning and wisdom has been ignored by too many.

This address to the nation was only 16 minutes, I hope it opens the mind to the reader, and they consider IKE's remarks within the framework of messages by President Trump in this third decade of the 21st Century.

Heard this many times, including the day it was delivered.

Seems he was warning against what the Democratic Party has now become.

I would hope that the reader will listen, and learn from our history, and President Eisenhower's message to the nation in Jan. 1961.

A speech of common sense and a message to the future, sadly his lifetime learning and wisdom has been ignored by too many.

This address to the nation was only 16 minutes, I hope it opens the mind to the reader, and they consider IKE's remarks within the framework of messages by President Trump in this third decade of the 21st Century.

Ike’s parade:
4CEAA4E0-49EF-4BAC-A3EA-F0D4664BD977.png

Last edited:

Ike’s parade:
View attachment 267695

Liar. That was his Inaugural Parade, not the 4th of July.

Great man, great president

• Banned

Ike’s 4th Of July parade:
View attachment 267695

Looks as if that parade was the late `40's Post the link so I can be sure. Notwithstanding a picture of an undated military parade, what does that have to do with the OP and IKE's entire farewell address?

The OP is a post contrasting IKE's message with Trump's behavior. All but an idiot would know that.

Ike’s parade:
View attachment 267695

Was the democrats given tickets?

View attachment 267695

Looks as if that parade was on the 4th of July in the late `40's Post the link so I can be sure. Notwithstanding a picture of an undated miliatry parade, what does that 'say' have to do with the OP and IKE's entire farewell address?

Context?

View attachment 267695

Looks as if that parade was on the 4th of July in the late `40's Post the link so I can be sure. Notwithstanding a picture of an undated miliatry parade, what does that 'say' have to do with the OP and IKE's entire farewell address?

It was his Inaugural Parade. You can tell it is not July by the fact all the trees are bare of any leaves

What exactly did you like about the speech? All you offer are generalities and Trump bashing. He talked about balance between the necessary and the desirable, balance in spending, balance between private and government and the importance of keeping a military at the ready.
"Industrial military complex" bad, science good! Did you like that part?

Ike’s parade:
View attachment 267695

Was the democrats given tickets?

Probably. Ike was not a petulant child like our current POTUS.

Ike’s parade:
View attachment 267695

Tanks for the clarification. :auiqs.jpg:

Ike’s parade:
View attachment 267695

Tanks for the clarification. :auiqs.jpg:

I do have a soft spot for honesty and accuracy.

What exactly did you like about the speech? All you offer are generalities and Trump bashing. He talked about balance between the necessary and the desirable, balance in spending, balance between private and government and the importance of keeping a military at the ready.

My take was it was a refutation of Trumpism; I suggest you never write reviews, you seem to have not gotten the message from IKE or me.

Ike’s parade:
View attachment 267695

And it makes a difference how?

View attachment 267695

Looks as if that parade was on the 4th of July in the late `40's Post the link so I can be sure. Notwithstanding a picture of an undated miliatry parade, t what does that 'say' have to do with the OP and IKE's entire farewell address?

It was his Inaugural Parade. You can tell it is not July by the fact all the trees are bare of any leaves

The fact is that presidents have employed military hardware at main events. July 4th is nothing special. JFK had pershing missiles in his inaugural parade.

Eisenhower was a great general.

Ike’s parade:
View attachment 267695

And it makes a difference how?

Accuracy and honesty always make a difference.

My take was it was a refutation of Trumpism; I suggest you never write reviews, you seem to have not gotten the message from IKE or me.

You don't list a single example from Ike's speech. Nor do you explain how Ike's ideas counter "Trumpism."

All you got is the zinger that I oughten to write reviews. :laugh:

Forum List

Back