If you were to own just one revolver, what would it be?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Don't get me wrong I love my Colt and S&W revolvers but if I was forced to only be left with one revolver it would be my Stainless Ruger Security Six .357 w/2.75" barrel.

ss-002-2-jpg.725815

I've really taken a liking to it. It shoots straight, it's easy to carry, the two cartridge option, a very good SA/DA trigger, and with a handful of easily changeable parts you can keep it running forever.

That and it's built like a Soviet tractor. ;)

I will second the Ruger Security Six choice. Iā€™ve got one in 4ā€ bbl length. It was my fatherā€™s gun, which I learned to shoot with four decades ago. Not enough money on the planet to buy that gun from me.

Don't get me wrong I love my Colt and S&W revolvers but if I was forced to only be left with one revolver it would be my Stainless Ruger Security Six .357 w/2.75" barrel.

ss-002-2-jpg.725815

I've really taken a liking to it. It shoots straight, it's easy to carry, the two cartridge option, a very good SA/DA trigger, and with a handful of easily changeable parts you can keep it running forever.

That and it's built like a Soviet tractor. ;)
Ruger Security 6 .357 with a 6" barrel and adjustable target sights.

They are NOT cheap. They never were, but damn!

Last edited:
I like a Redhawk 7.5 and the older 29 Six inch(blue)...back when SW made decent stuff--pre 80 or so
For lighter weight I like the old SW66 and older Pythons---back when Colt had quality control

I have not had any use for my pistol in years. 223 for coyote, bow for deer, 12 Guage for birds. Don't think much about pistols never have a use for them.

I'm not a big fan of revolvers if I had to buy one it would either be a .45 or a .357 magnum

I don't care for underlugs but it's a solid choice.

Those Craig Spegel designed UM Grips are top notch too.....Must be a 90s era revolver when they came as the OEM grip.
Yeah, I bought for in the mid 90's. I shot it after getting it and on the gun it says, "lady smith" and some guy said, "A big ole boy like you with a ladies gun!" I laughed and said, "it's still a 357 magnum, lady or not." He agreed.

Forum List

Back