If you were the Devil...

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
In this newsletter by David W. Daniels, he asks the question, "If you were the devil, and you wanted to destroy the "people of the Book" (followers of Jesus Christ), but you couldn't destroy the people, what would you do next? In other words, what would you go after next? Their defense! Right? And what is our defense? The Sword of the Spirit. And what is the Sword of the Spirit? The Word of God! What Satan desires to do is take that KJV Holy Bible out of your hand and tell you that the more modern version is "easier to read" and "more fun" and after all, you do not need that "real Sword" in your hands anymore - you might hurt someone - like him! Here is the truth - if you don't have a KJV Holy Bible in your hands? You don't have a Holy Bible in your hands.

bclogo.gif

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Gal. 4:16

If You Can’t Destroy the People of the Book, What’s Next?
Issue Date: July/August 2012

By David W. Daniels

If you were the Devil, and you wanted to destroy “the people of the Book,” but you couldn’t destroy the people, what’s left?

The Book!

Satan tried for centuries to destroy God’s Book. But God’s faithful people kept copying and accurately translating it. What could the Devil do? Persuade people not to trust in God’s Book! The Devil had already used this tactic when he got Eve to doubt God’s words. Satan simply asked, “Yea, hath God said?” And Eve bought it! Amazingly, she believed Satan’s words—and doubted God.

For centuries Christians believed the Bible is God’s very words. So Satan raised up so-called “scholars,” saying, “God didn’t want His words to be taken literally. It’s just the message of the Bible—His word, not words—that matters.” And their students bought it!

Satan’s “scholars” rejected the entire history of God’s preserved words found all over in thousands of manuscripts, in favor of less than 50 shoddy, contradictory manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt, lying that they are “older and better.” So what did those scholars say, when their students found Alexandrian manuscripts disagreeing in thousands of places? “Don’t worry, it’s just the message—the word, not the words—that matters!”

So the scholars became like priests, and their students believed them instead of God. After that it was easy for the Devil to get the scholars to make “new” Bible translations every couple of years. Even though they use the same Vatican-approved Hebrew and Greek texts, they disagree with each other in many places.

So what are Christian readers told, when they find those huge contradictions in the translations? “It’s just the message of the Bible,—His word, not His words—that matters!” It’s an effective lie, so Satan keeps telling it, over and over. When Christians doubt God’s words, their faith is turned to doubt.

The Devil knows that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6), so he does all he can to destroy that faith. Is your faith damaged? You need to see the whole picture. But sometimes books on Bible history and Bible versions are really big and complicated.

That’s why we at Chick Publications make it easier to understand with books like Look What’s Missing, Answers to Your Bible Version Questions, the 5-lesson workbook Why the King James Bible Is the Perfect Word of God and the illustrated book, Did the Catholic Church Give Us the Bible.

The 3-hour video, A Lamp in the Dark, traces Satan’s many attempts to destroy the preserved Bible, kill its translators and substitute his own polluted texts, giving us the modern Bible versions.

How can we win souls for Christ if we cannot trust His words? Chick Publications is committed to helping you and your loved ones understand how you can fully trust the King James Bible as God’s perfectly preserved words in the English language.

There is no "The" devil. God is all and nothing can be outside of God. what you refer to is evil inclination

To believe in Satan would be contradicting your faith in God. Believing in God means you believe in one uncreated being – the Universe. If God is the only uncreated being, it cannot have an opposite like Satan.

jesus and his disciples accepted the common belief of the 1st century CE that mental illness and some physical ailments were caused by indwelling demons. "Unclean spirits" are mentioned 7 times in Mark, once in Matthew, 3 times in Luke and once in Revelation. A "dumb spirit" and a "deaf spirit" are each mentioned once in Mark. Luke talks about a "spirit of infirmity" in his gospel, and, a "spirit of divination" & an "evil spirit" in Acts. The concept of "violent possession" appears for the first time in Scripture. Demons are believed to posses individuals and cause them to mutilate themselves, to collapse, to foam at the mouth, to thrash around on the ground. Demons are seen as the cause of many physical disabilities, including blindness, spinal deformities, inability to speak. Satan figures prominently throughout the Christian Scriptures: Jesus is tempted by Satan (Matthew 4:1-3, Luke 4:2). The Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons in the name of "Beelzebub, the prince of the demons." (Matthew 12:24)

In the writings of Paul and the other apostles, the character and range of activities of Satan and his demons is further developed. God and Satan are seen as the two most powerful forces in the universe. The duality between an all-good God and all-evil Satan is firmly established. the christian concept of the devil comes from earlier pagan religions not from Judaism.

Satan in Judaism is not a physical being ruling the underworld, rather, in the Torah, the word Satan indicates “accuser,” “hinderer” or “tempter.” Satan is therefore more an illusory obstacle in one’s way - such as temptation and evil doings - keeping one from completing the responsibilities of tikkun olam (fixing the world). Satan is the evil inclination to veer off the path of righteousness and faithfulness in God.

Throughout the Torah, Satan challenges God to test the true loyalty of his followers, including Adam and Eve, as well as Abraham. However, Satan remains inferior to God and is incapable of taking action on mortals without God’s permission. In the Talmud and Midrash, Satan appears as the force in the world, responsible for all sins. Some Midrashim claim that the sounding of the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah is utilized to keep Satan away as Jews begin to atone for their sins. Even the morning after Yom Kippur, many Jews attend services to guarantee Satan does not make one last effort to instigate Jews to commit sins.

Last edited:
It is written:

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
Deuteronomy 4:2

If I were the Devil, I'd change my name from Saul to Paul and hijack Jesus' movement.

Oops, too late. Already happened.

It is written:

Genesis 17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lordappeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

and again it is written:

Genesis 35:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

and again it is written:
Malachi 3:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Last edited:
According to Genesis:
if you were the devil you'd persuade man (adam) through his church (eve) to believe in the false prophet (serpent) with the promise you will live forever.
So you'd create the resurrection story from the Baal mythology and make people believe the false prophet cheated death and can cheat yours to. Thus getting the dupes to die for your kingdom with promises of rewards in death- and that is the promise of the church, the religion and today's Jihaadists influenced by those underworld BELIEFS. Remove the underworld beliefs and the devil no longer has
" the power of death".

0007_19.gif

0007_20.gif

0007_21.gif

0007_22.gif

The Beast

Have you called upon the Lord Jesus Christ to save you? Have you sought him with your whole heart, repenting of your sins and telling him that you desire to live a holy obedient life unto him? Read Romans 10:9,10, Buy a KJV Holy Bible and study it and seek to know the LORD. Read the Word of God every day and determine to leave you old life of sin behind. To day is the day of Salvation.

Do Jack Chick Tracts make a difference? Yes. Recently a Jack Chick tract saved a man's life. He was in the process of committing suicide. Here is the story. It's in this month's issue of Jack Chick's newsletter!
bclogo.gif

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Gal. 4:16

A Message From Jack Chick

Issue Date: July/August 2016

Dear Ones in Christ:

Greetings in His wonderful Name!

It is reported that every 12 minutes, someone in the U.S. commits suicide. That’s over 42,000 every year! It is the 10th leading cause of death in this country, but the CDC reports it is #2 among young people. While the problems that bring this about are often temporary, that “solution” is all too permanent. The root is always a spiritual problem.

We got a call one day from a man who had picked up a hitchhiker. The driver wasn’t a Christian, but the young hitchhiker was. He gave the driver a Chick tract, which he just threw into the glove box of his car. Not long after, he came home devastated from a doctor visit. He had terminal cancer, and would soon die. Rather than face the pain of that death, he decided to exit on his own terms.

He closed the car in his garage, got in and started the engine. While the fumes built up in the garage, he reached into the glove box to get paper to write a suicide note, and found This Was Your Life. Fortunately, it did not take long to read it. He quickly turned off the car and gave his heart to Jesus. Before he went to his Father in glory, he told us his story.

This true story inspired a new tract for you, named, Kitty in the Window. It has a powerful message, touching some sensitive issues. And it has provoked all kinds of reactions in its readers, from pity, to tears, shock, and even feeling blessed in the end. There are depressed and despairing people all around us. We can give them hope.

You must know that we make these little gospel tracts with fear and trembling. From the first idea, both David Daniels and I pray before the Lord in our office, David on his face and I in my chair. (If I got on my face, I couldn’t get up!) After two months or so, after the final art is finished, I take it before the Lord to see if it’s what He wanted. Whenever He answers “Yes,” my joy is overflowing, knowing He will bless it.

Every tract produced is covered in prayer. If the Lord comes this year for us in the rapture, let’s hope you get at least one copy of Kitty in the Window into somebody’s hand.

May God give you boldness and protect you and your family from evil as you spread the gospel during 2016.

Your brother in Christ,

Jack Chick

Home Page
A Message From Jack Chick - July/August

Last edited:
In this newsletter by David W. Daniels, he asks the question, "If you were the devil, and you wanted to destroy the "people of the Book" (followers of Jesus Christ), but you couldn't destroy the people, what would you do next? In other words, what would you go after next? Their defense! Right? And what is our defense? The Sword of the Spirit. And what is the Sword of the Spirit? The Word of God! What Satan desires to do is take that KJV Holy Bible out of your hand and tell you that the more modern version is "easier to read" and "more fun" and after all, you do not need that "real Sword" in your hands anymore - you might hurt someone - like him! Here is the truth - if you don't have a KJV Holy Bible in your hands? You don't have a Holy Bible in your hands.

bclogo.gif

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Gal. 4:16

Issue Date: July/August 2012

By David W. Daniels

If you were the Devil, and you wanted to destroy “the people of the Book,” but you couldn’t destroy the people, what’s left?

The Book!

Satan tried for centuries to destroy God’s Book. But God’s faithful people kept copying and accurately translating it. What could the Devil do? Persuade people not to trust in God’s Book! The Devil had already used this tactic when he got Eve to doubt God’s words. Satan simply asked, “Yea, hath God said?” And Eve bought it! Amazingly, she believed Satan’s words—and doubted God.

For centuries Christians believed the Bible is God’s very words. So Satan raised up so-called “scholars,” saying, “God didn’t want His words to be taken literally. It’s just the message of the Bible—His word, not words—that matters.” And their students bought it!

Satan’s “scholars” rejected the entire history of God’s preserved words found all over in thousands of manuscripts, in favor of less than 50 shoddy, contradictory manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt, lying that they are “older and better.” So what did those scholars say, when their students found Alexandrian manuscripts disagreeing in thousands of places? “Don’t worry, it’s just the message—the word, not the words—that matters!”

So the scholars became like priests, and their students believed them instead of God. After that it was easy for the Devil to get the scholars to make “new” Bible translations every couple of years. Even though they use the same Vatican-approved Hebrew and Greek texts, they disagree with each other in many places.

So what are Christian readers told, when they find those huge contradictions in the translations? “It’s just the message of the Bible,—His word, not His words—that matters!” It’s an effective lie, so Satan keeps telling it, over and over. When Christians doubt God’s words, their faith is turned to doubt.

The Devil knows that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6), so he does all he can to destroy that faith. Is your faith damaged? You need to see the whole picture. But sometimes books on Bible history and Bible versions are really big and complicated.

That’s why we at Chick Publications make it easier to understand with books like Look What’s Missing, Answers to Your Bible Version Questions, the 5-lesson workbook Why the King James Bible Is the Perfect Word of God and the illustrated book, Did the Catholic Church Give Us the Bible.

The 3-hour video, A Lamp in the Dark, traces Satan’s many attempts to destroy the preserved Bible, kill its translators and substitute his own polluted texts, giving us the modern Bible versions.

How can we win souls for Christ if we cannot trust His words? Chick Publications is committed to helping you and your loved ones understand how you can fully trust the King James Bible as God’s perfectly preserved words in the English language.
If I was the Devil I would not take up residence in Davy Jones Locker.

Invent McDonalds and Jack Chick.
As I see it, if I bought a case of a thousand Jack Chick tracts and just one person who was about to commit suicide and found the tract (as happened in the story above - in Jack's letter) and decided to call on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved and not kill themselves? I believe it is worth it. One life is worth more than all the gold, silver and whatever else is of value on the earth x's a trillion... and then more!

Invent McDonalds and Jack Chick.
As I see it, if I bought a case of a thousand Jack Chick tracts and just one person who was about to commit suicide and found the tract (as happened in the story above - in Jack's letter) and decided to call on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved and not kill themselves? I believe it is worth it. One life is worth more than all the gold, silver and whatever else is of value on the earth x's a trillion... and then more!
Jack Chick is a liar and defamer. If he isn't Satan he's going to be his minion forevermore.

Forum List

Back