Zone1 If you ever wonder why Pride is such a big sin, look at the Murdaugh case

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I couldn't believe an attorney would take the stand in his own defense. Even we non-lawyers know what a disaster that can be. One (hyphonated) word: Cross-examination!

Murdaugh planned the murder, apparently, but not well. There were so many mistakes. I think he was careless because of his hubris in thinking he would get away with it. Apparently, he had gotten away with a lot of things before and so he just figured he could do what he wanted. He did try to cover the crime up so maybe he had doubts about getting away with it, but he just did not, overall, do a good job (so to say).

Anyway, he obviously had pride in his ability to evade the law. Yes, there were drugs involved but I dont think most drugs can alter---who you really are (etc)

I couldn't believe an attorney would take the stand in his own defense. Even we non-lawyers know what a disaster that can be. One (hyphonated) word: Cross-examination!

Murdaugh planned the murder, apparently, but not well. There were so many mistakes. I think he was careless because of his hubris in thinking he would get away with it. Apparently, he had gotten away with a lot of things before and so he just figured he could do what he wanted. He did try to cover the crime up so maybe he had doubts about getting away with it, but he just did not, overall, do a good job (so to say).

Anyway, he obviously had pride in his ability to evade the law. Yes, there were drugs involved but I dont think most drugs can alter---who you really are (etc)

Given the number of deaths associated with this family that the police are now taking another look at, maybe he had gotten away with it before, and thought he could again.

This is a complicated story. It was confusing how some writers on it (Fox and others) worded things. I was confused about that phone belonging to Maggie and apparently it was ditched along some road and there was evidence Murdaugh sped up past there and... well, I am still rather confused about this. But I guess he sped by after the murders, meaning he threw the phone away so it wouldn't be found @ the murder scene? (It's no wonder writers can be un-clear, esp this soon after the case "ended"... the case was always convoluted as hell)

Forum List

Back