If you could know God

If you're talking about the Christian God, then probably not. I wasted 27 years of my life on that worthless character and got nothing positive out of it at all. In fact I'd probably spit in His face if I was ever confronted with Him.

Now, if you're referring to the Almighty, Malevolent, Power of the Universe, God of 1,000 faces that I tend to believe in these day; then I might take you up on that offer.

Then you did it wrong... My sentence was 19 years and I wouldn't trade the education in 'religion' for half the trim I missed out on - If Satan is reading this and You can hook me up with ALL the trim I missed, I'm listening....

i would go for it....but the husband is a Taoist and says that we as humans as mortals could never grasp the concept of god....

i would have a lot of questions...

which brings me back to that book 'conversations with god'

I pretty much share the same opinion as you. While I doubt that a god exists, I would very much like to meet it and ask it a "few" questions (that is if it exists).

It's also nice to hear that your husband is a Taoist. Taoism is such an intriguing philosophy/religion (although, I'll admit that my knowledge of it is somewhat limited).

Last edited:
If you're talking about the Christian God, then probably not. I wasted 27 years of my life on that worthless character and got nothing positive out of it at all. In fact I'd probably spit in His face if I was ever confronted with Him.

Now, if you're referring to the Almighty, Malevolent, Power of the Universe, God of 1,000 faces that I tend to believe in these day; then I might take you up on that offer.

Then you did it wrong... My sentence was 19 years and I wouldn't trade the education in 'religion' for half the trim I missed out on - If Satan is reading this and You can hook me up with ALL the trim I missed, I'm listening....

Religion is much easier for sinners to love than the God who created them. I used to love religion when I was a Christian but that's why God forced me out 18 years ago.

godo.jpg

Religion is much easier for sinners to love than the God who created them. I used to love religion when I was a Christian but that's why God forced me out 18 years ago.

My experience was ironic also.
I was not brought up to follow either Christianity (as my friends) or Buddhism (as my family).
When I had my spiritual /calling/rebirth/enlightenment experience in 1990, I understood the message and vision I was getting WAS what was taught in Buddhism and Christianity. But my interpretation was more about the "future" of where all these teachings are HEADING (and what religions teach is what has been taught in the past, which has traditionally divided denominations and not brought them together as the world vision of peace I was receiving).

And only then did I go back and embrace these, to learn the "language" for these spiritual concepts. But to this day, my way of talking about spiritual concepts and process "using the language" in Buddhism, Christianity and also Constitutional laws is often rejected by followers of these things. Who claim that my interpretations are outside that tradition.

I did not even appreciate or relate to ANY of these things, and originally wanted NOTHING to do with them. But after I understood the meaning, then I love the fact there are laws and teachings already in existence that point to these same things. So I love the language and the creation/provision of these laws and teachings.

But a lot of people have problems with me using these conventions to talk about spiritual things. At this point, I have all but given up trying to reconcile with fellow Christians who have a problem with me and others who understand the world using secular science.

It is sadly ironic that at the same time I embrace all faiths, all denominations, all ways secular or religious or political of expressing laws and process that humanity is undergoing;
because I am coming from a universal viewpoint, there are people in each of these traditions who reject and fight me and my ideas because it compels them to overcome conflicts separating them from some other group that I DON'T exclude or discriminate against. So I consider myself to be some mixed denomination of Christianity as well as Buddhism and also Constitutionalism, I don't quite fit into any one of these by itself.

I can fit them all into my thinking, and work with anyone without rejecting them, but when people try to include me, they will inevitably find some condition they have to reject me.
Only if people can truly let go and forgive can they deal with me on the same level.
Whatever bias or condition "they can't forgive" will cause them the same issue with me, because I have committed to forgiving, including and working with ALL people and groups to establish God's will and truth. So if they are not that universal, we end up clashing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back