If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist, and do we even need proof?

No they have not.

We advanced because because of the leaps we made in the Age Of Enlightenment when we finally moved away from Iron Age thinking

And that was based in no small part on what the Muslim world saved from destruction that was created by the ancient powers.

[yawn] ... you-uns start the fighting too early ...

I quite literally stumbled on proof of atoms ... in a video ... the guy has test tubes lined up behind him, so he MUST be speaking the Truth ...

The TL;DR version is that Einstein proved atoms exist using Browning Motion ... "Jean Baptiste Perrin ForMemRS (30 September 1870 – 17 April 1942) was a French physicist who, in his studies of the Brownian motion of minute particles suspended in liquids (sedimentation equilibrium), verified Albert Einstein's explanation of this phenomenon and thereby confirmed the atomic nature of matter. For this achievement he was honoured with the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1926."

Notice the Nobel Prize went to the person who demonstrated this, not the person who discovered it ...

The OP is trolling Christians here in the Science forum because he'd be eaten alive in any Philosophy or Religion forum ... God cannot be demonstrated in a laboratory experiment, therefore science cannot address the issue ... as they say in the trade: || ...

And that was based in no small part on what the Muslim world saved from destruction that was created by the ancient powers.
Yeah OK

Funny how the Countries of the Middle East were once renowned for their scholarship in Science and Mathematics have all succumbed to the destructive forces of religion

Yeah OK

Funny how the Countries of the Middle East were once renowned for their scholarship in Science and Mathematics have all succumbed to the destructive forces of religion

That's because they haven't suffered through their reformation yet.

If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist, and do we even need proof? Why would proof be needed or desired? If we do a thorough investigation seeking evidence of the atom and of a god, where will we find ourselves?

So far:

The atom:

A god:
EMPTY - MPTY - MPT - MT - ___________________

Is this correct? If not, what am I missing? What scientific proof is there of a god existing?
I cannot see Dante.

.....but I know he's a troll.

If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist, and do we even need proof? Why would proof be needed or desired? If we do a thorough investigation seeking evidence of the atom and of a god, where will we find ourselves?

So far:

The atom:

A god:
EMPTY - MPTY - MPT - MT - ___________________

Is this correct? If not, what am I missing? What scientific proof is there of a god existing?
Atoms are physical entities that can be observed, studied, and their existence can be empirically demonstrated through various scientific experiments. This is because atoms are tangible, measurable units of matter that follow the laws of physics and can be directly perceived by our senses or indirectly detected through scientific instruments.

Atomic bombs imply that atoms really exist. It is undeniable. :)

Science is a systematic and evidence-based approach to understanding the natural world. It is limited to studying phenomena that are observable, measurable, and repeatable. However, there are certain aspects of human experiences that cannot be proven or disproven by science, such as philosophical questions, subjective experiences, or matters of faith and belief.

These include questions about the existence of a higher power, the nature of consciousness, the meaning of life, or matters of morality and ethics. While science can provide insights and explanations for many things, it is not equipped to prove or disprove such subjective or metaphysical concepts.

How do you feel after listening to this music down below? It's all about your subjective experience. :)

The image in the piece is blurry. But the article is still informative.

The Webb telescope seems to be peering back in time to a time frame within the first million years after the Big Bang. Astounding stuff. And the more we learn, the more we need to reconsider much of what we thought we had already learned.

I’m no scientist. I wish I could be. But I love this stuff.

James Webb Space Telescope pierces through dust to find an ancient ghostly galaxy​

It always interests me that I lived long enough to see the Voyagers leave the solar system and crossed "the heliopause, the boundary that marks the end of the heliosphere and the beginning of interstellar space." I had a friend who was a gov docs librarian and and academic who shared early images of the Voyagers. He didn't live to see what I have, but my memories of his interests and fascination he shared with me lives on.

I'm intrigued by much I will most likely not get to see too.

You can see the proof. The physical reality. There can be no debate that the roof was torn off by the wind.

Prophesy is open to interpretation. It is never beyond debate -- factual.

Religious arguments are usually based on beliefs, not facts.
Laws are open to interpretation as well, jaywalking for instance. Other laws are meant for commoners, not the elitists. This will demonstrated for all to see in the 'trial' of Hunter Biden.

Last edited:
So you need god to tell you what words mean?
God inspires me to seek the best meanings of certain words so certain narratives can be better understood. It's called study. If everything was 'clear' there would be no need for study.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back