If we banned all guns

What would really be nice would be if people actually focused on the real cause of these mass shootings what does just about every one of these shooters have in common? A history of mental illness instead of concerning ourselves so much with who owns what type of gun maybe we should try to figure out some way to get these people committed and get them help before they go on a killing spree instead of after.

The cause of the mass shootings is the easy availability of guns in this country.
An absolute lie.

Two criminals meet and exchange a gun for dope. How is there going to be a background check performed?

MCW researchers found that states that implemented local-level background checks had 22% lower firearm homicide rates and 27% lower firearm suicide rates than states that relied on just the federal check. States with state level background checks also had lower rates of firearm suicides and homicides than states without them, but local checks appear to be the most effective.

These additional checks can unearth disqualifiers that the NICS overlooks. For instance, local records may show that an individual has been convicted of a crime or has become the subject of a restraining order before sluggish federal records do. In particular, local records may be more up-to-date on an individual’s mental status.

Study Suggests Additional Background Checks Deter Gun Deaths

OK so it wont prevent that transaction. Nor will it eliminate crime. It will make it harder for honest people to buy guns, which is all liberals care about.
So you've proposed a useless solution that fails to address the problem. Typical.

I just posted stats which proved my point.

Local background checks reduce homicides and suicides.

What would really be nice would be if people actually focused on the real cause of these mass shootings what does just about every one of these shooters have in common? A history of mental illness instead of concerning ourselves so much with who owns what type of gun maybe we should try to figure out some way to get these people committed and get them help before they go on a killing spree instead of after.

The cause of the mass shootings is the easy availability of guns in this country.
An absolute lie.

He's light years away from the root cause of these mass shootings.

An absolute lie.

In Australia in the 18 years before gun law reforms, there were 13 mass shootings.

After gun law reforms were passed there were none.

Australia’s 1996 gun law reforms were followed by more than a decade free of fatal mass shootings and resulted in accelerated declines in firearm deaths, particularly suicides. Total homicide rates followed the same pattern.

http://jeffsachs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Australia-Gun-Law-Reforms.pdf

We know who has the guns, you buy bullets. In that case, if you didn't turn them in, we blow your house up. See ya.

At least 100 million people own firearms, if only 1 percent resist that is 1 million armed people, the army is not big enough.

in Conn the state passed a required registration of deemed"assault rifles" and "large magazines"

almost 1 million people of the state failed to register by the deadline

MCW researchers found that states that implemented local-level background checks had 22% lower firearm homicide rates and 27% lower firearm suicide rates than states that relied on just the federal check. States with state level background checks also had lower rates of firearm suicides and homicides than states without them, but local checks appear to be the most effective.

These additional checks can unearth disqualifiers that the NICS overlooks. For instance, local records may show that an individual has been convicted of a crime or has become the subject of a restraining order before sluggish federal records do. In particular, local records may be more up-to-date on an individual’s mental status.

Study Suggests Additional Background Checks Deter Gun Deaths

OK so it wont prevent that transaction. Nor will it eliminate crime. It will make it harder for honest people to buy guns, which is all liberals care about.
So you've proposed a useless solution that fails to address the problem. Typical.

The studies are no doubt flawed. I know this without even looking. Because you posted it.

We know who has the guns, you buy bullets. In that case, if you didn't turn them in, we blow your house up. See ya.
Yup... and there ya have... right straight from the commie leftards mouth... just like the picture says...

a41d3779ba53a2970c66c7e105840a26_500_zpse6f1ea4f.jpg

Luckily, that is EXACTLY why we have the SECOND AMENDMENT.

The studies are no doubt flawed. I know this without even looking. Because you posted it.

This is known as willful ignorance.

An absolute lie.

In Australia in the 18 years before gun law reforms, there were 13 mass shootings.

Australia’s 1996 gun law reforms were followed by more than a decade free of fatal mass shootings and resulted in accelerated declines in firearm deaths, particularly suicides. Total homicide rates followed the same pattern.

Total lie.
Australian Institute of Criminology - Trends in violent crime

Yup... and there ya have... right straight from the commie leftards mouth... just like the picture says...

a41d3779ba53a2970c66c7e105840a26_500_zpse6f1ea4f.jpg

Luckily, that is EXACTLY why we have the SECOND AMENDMENT.

More Americans have been killed by guns since 1968, than have been killed in all the wars the United States has ever fought.

1,171,177 killed in all the wars we have ever fought.

1,384,171 killed by guns in the United States since 1968.

PBS commentator Mark Shields says more killed by guns since '68 than in all U.S. wars | PolitiFact

nice rant. but who wants to ban all guns? i just don't want them in the hands of criminals and crazies.... like most normal people.

Dianne Feinstein for one. But then you know this and like Jones you lie about it.

Nonsense.

No member of Congress advocates ‘banning all guns,’ nor has any legislation been introduced designed to ‘ban all guns.’

This is the type of hyperbolic idiocy common to most on the right that succeeds in only making gun rights advocates appear extreme and irresponsible.
LOL. Next you'll tell us no member of Congress wants to socialize the oil industry.

An absolute lie.

Total lie.
Australian Institute of Criminology - Trends in violent crime

From your own link....

it would seem increased reporting of assault is somewhat responsible for the rise in recorded assault rates against adult victims.

Say "Hello" to my little friend.
]

What is that? Does that make bullets?

Remind me not to take you seriously ever.
Yes, that's a Dillon 550 reloading press. To create live ammunition you need:
Brass, which is reusable from existing ammunition
Bullets, which can be produced from any source of lead, like wheel weights
Powder, which is abundant
Primers, which are hard to make at home but there are billions of them floating around.

People have gone years never buying loaded ammunition, just reloading their own at home. Thus PimpMyRide knows nothing when he talks about banning ammunition.

Primers, which are hard to make

tricky slow but can be done

i have done it

Forum List

Back