If Trump is leaving office, his best going away gift could be to hit China...hard....by protecting U.S economic interests

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If I am Trump, I put forward some hard hitting E.O's with teeth that protect the U.S economy from Chinas influence/pillaging. It would not only make it very politically difficult for the incoming administration to alter them, it would also surely get support from those loyal patriots (not the bad apples) with their asses on the line in this battle (FBI, CIA, NSA).

I'm not talking about a full withdrawal from China, the global supply chain doesn't move that fast. However, he should consider making tariffs difficult to lift and strong sanctions to particular companies (he has done some of this already against military-linked Chinese companies) and hold local businesses and individuals legally accountable for violating the sanctions.

Furthermore, if he or any of his family were to run again, the clear and obvious sweet spot of support would be for standing up for American Interests vs. China. He would definitely get some support from other vulnerable nations that are currently U.S allies, but might have to alter their course if America doesn't take the communist threat more seriously.

If I am Trump, I put forward some hard hitting E.O's with teeth that protect the U.S economy from Chinas influence/pillaging. It would not only make it very politically difficult for the incoming administration to alter them, it would also surely get support from those loyal patriots (not the bad apples) with their asses on the line in this battle (FBI, CIA, NSA).

I'm not talking about a full withdrawal from China, the global supply chain doesn't move that fast. However, he should consider making tariffs difficult to lift and strong sanctions to particular companies (he has done some of this already against military-linked Chinese companies) and hold local businesses and individuals legally accountable for violating the sanctions.

Furthermore, if he or any of his family were to run again, the clear and obvious sweet spot of support would be for standing up for American Interests vs. China. He would definitely get some support from other vulnerable nations that are currently U.S allies, but might have to alter their course if America doesn't take the communist threat more seriously.
Trump the deal maker. Hah.

Trump the deal maker. Hah.

He's been the only one with the balls to confront China in the last 30 years. This isn't about deal making, this is about protecting U.S National Security, and in fact, your traditional allies in the East who are quite weary of Chinas expansion with little support from many Western politicians.

You're nuts.

Any tough guy shit with China will just result in Joe grabbing his ankles even tighter as soon as Trump leaves office.

Executive Orders by a president with 3 weeks left are pretty toothless to use in the same sentence as a descriptive phrase as "hard hitting", as are subject to change before the ink is good and dry.

You're nuts.

If I'm nuts for taking this position than you're naive.

I could make some predictions about where Japan, Australia and Taiwan are right now in their faith in their future relying on the traditional allies of the West. They aren't stupid. They collect intel too and they determine just who has the most to lose by confronting China and who will simply look away.

If the incoming administration disagrees with his position, than they can roll back his E.O.

Executive Orders by a president with 3 weeks left are pretty toothless to use in the same sentence as a descriptive phrase as "hard hitting", as are subject to change before the ink is good and dry.

I recall Obama signed one just a few weeks before he left, regarding the whole "Russia, Russia" racket. This action was what made me suspicious of the possibility of Russia hacking the U.S computers in the election of 2016. I obviously don't know if it happened or not, and no evidence has been shown (nor have I sought out reports) that this occurred, but, this E.O raised the possibility in my mind. I've learned to read between the lines the last few years of my life.

The only reason some would refuse to call it out publicly is if they didn't want Americans to STOP using such systems. Even as most nations do not use computers in their federal elections to any great degree, and/or they don't want suspicion cast on past elections (for both sides of the aisle).

December 29, 2016

Statement by the President on Actions in Response to Russian Malicious Cyber Activity and Harassment

Today, I have ordered a number of actions in response to the Russian government’s aggressive harassment of U.S. officials and cyber operations aimed at the U.S. election. These actions follow repeated private and public warnings that we have issued to the Russian government, and are a necessary and appropriate response to efforts to harm U.S. interests in violation of established international norms of behavior.

All Americans should be alarmed by Russia’s actions. In October, my Administration publicized our assessment that Russia took actions intended to interfere with the U.S. election process. These data theft and disclosure activities could only have been directed by the highest levels of the Russian government. Moreover, our diplomats have experienced an unacceptable level of harassment in Moscow by Russian security services and police over the last year. Such activities have consequences. Today, I have ordered a number of actions in response.

I have issued an executive order that provides additional authority for responding to certain cyber activity that seeks to interfere with or undermine our election processes and institutions, or those of our allies or partners. Using this new authority, I have sanctioned nine entities and individuals: the GRU and the FSB, two Russian intelligence services; four individual officers of the GRU; and three companies that provided material support to the GRU’s cyber operations. In addition, the Secretary of the Treasury is designating two Russian individuals for using cyber-enabled means to cause misappropriation of funds and personal identifying information. The State Department is also shutting down two Russian compounds, in Maryland and New York, used by Russian personnel for intelligence-related purposes, and is declaring “persona non grata” 35 Russian intelligence operatives. Finally, the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are releasing declassified technical information on Russian civilian and military intelligence service cyber activity, to help network defenders in the United States and abroad identify, detect, and disrupt Russia’s global campaign of malicious cyber activities.

These actions are not the sum total of our response to Russia’s aggressive activities. We will continue to take a variety of actions at a time and place of our choosing, some of which will not be publicized. In addition to holding Russia accountable for what it has done, the United States and friends and allies around the world must work together to oppose Russia’s efforts to undermine established international norms of behavior, and interfere with democratic governance. To that end, my Administration will be providing a report to Congress in the coming days about Russia’s efforts to interfere in our election, as well as malicious cyber activity related to our election cycle in previous elections.

Last edited:

I recall Obama signed one just a few weeks before he left, regarding the whole "Russia, Russia" racket. This action was what made me suspicious of the possibility of Russia hacking the U.S computers in the election of 2016. I obviously don't know if it happened or not, and no evidence has been shown (nor have I sought out reports) that this occurred, but, this E.O raised the possibility in my mind. I've learned to read between the lines the last few years of my life.

The only reason some would refuse to call it out publicly is if they didn't want Americans to STOP using such systems. Even as most nations do not use computers in their federal elections to any great degree, and/or they don't want suspicion cast on past elections (for both sides of the aisle).

December 29, 2016

Statement by the President on Actions in Response to Russian Malicious Cyber Activity and Harassment

Today, I have ordered a number of actions in response to the Russian government’s aggressive harassment of U.S. officials and cyber operations aimed at the U.S. election. These actions follow repeated private and public warnings that we have issued to the Russian government, and are a necessary and appropriate response to efforts to harm U.S. interests in violation of established international norms of behavior.

All Americans should be alarmed by Russia’s actions. In October, my Administration publicized our assessment that Russia took actions intended to interfere with the U.S. election process. These data theft and disclosure activities could only have been directed by the highest levels of the Russian government. Moreover, our diplomats have experienced an unacceptable level of harassment in Moscow by Russian security services and police over the last year. Such activities have consequences. Today, I have ordered a number of actions in response.

I have issued an executive order that provides additional authority for responding to certain cyber activity that seeks to interfere with or undermine our election processes and institutions, or those of our allies or partners. Using this new authority, I have sanctioned nine entities and individuals: the GRU and the FSB, two Russian intelligence services; four individual officers of the GRU; and three companies that provided material support to the GRU’s cyber operations. In addition, the Secretary of the Treasury is designating two Russian individuals for using cyber-enabled means to cause misappropriation of funds and personal identifying information. The State Department is also shutting down two Russian compounds, in Maryland and New York, used by Russian personnel for intelligence-related purposes, and is declaring “persona non grata” 35 Russian intelligence operatives. Finally, the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are releasing declassified technical information on Russian civilian and military intelligence service cyber activity, to help network defenders in the United States and abroad identify, detect, and disrupt Russia’s global campaign of malicious cyber activities.

These actions are not the sum total of our response to Russia’s aggressive activities. We will continue to take a variety of actions at a time and place of our choosing, some of which will not be publicized. In addition to holding Russia accountable for what it has done, the United States and friends and allies around the world must work together to oppose Russia’s efforts to undermine established international norms of behavior, and interfere with democratic governance. To that end, my Administration will be providing a report to Congress in the coming days about Russia’s efforts to interfere in our election, as well as malicious cyber activity related to our election cycle in previous elections.
Beats me. When I first started voting, you went into a booth, pulled the curtain and made selections on a mechanical voting machine and I had no problem. Guess somebody thought reporting would be faster, but not sure it is worth it.

You forget that anyone charged with enforcing these EO's, will probably ignore them. Most of these departments have no leadership, only acting leadership - members of the Deep State. How is Trump going to ensure his EO's gum up the works as he intends. He's already having problems with the Pentagon appointees he hired to do just that. Members of the military are pushing back on Trump's attempts to subvert the transition process.

Trump did everything by EO, so anything he's done is easily reversed, by Biden signing an EO ending Trump's earlier EO. The only EO's which are not easily reversed, are those involving the border camps. That's because the systems and infrastructure carrying out these EO's has to be dismanted and the programs shut down in ways that does the least amount of harm to the immigrants and the communities where these camps are located.

Let's just be clear - the United States of America is facing and enormous amount of legal liability stretching out for the next 20 years, as the childen who were separated come of age to sue the government for what was done to them. The 40,000 people being held in ICE detention camps are also in a position to sue for false imprisonment and a whole range of civil rights abuses.

That's what happens when a government commits war crimes against an innocent civilian population. You keep going on about what illegal immigrants are costing you, well get ready, and bend over. The price just went WAY, WAY up. The litigation is just about to hit the fan.

You forget that anyone charged with enforcing these EO's, will probably ignore them. Most of these departments have no leadership, only acting leadership - members of the Deep State. How is Trump going to ensure his EO's gum up the works as he intends. He's already having problems with the Pentagon appointees he hired to do just that. Members of the military are pushing back on Trump's attempts to subvert the transition process.

Trump did everything by EO, so anything he's done is easily reversed, by Biden signing an EO ending Trump's earlier EO. The only EO's which are not easily reversed, are those involving the border camps. That's because the systems and infrastructure carrying out these EO's has to be dismanted and the programs shut down in ways that does the least amount of harm to the immigrants and the communities where these camps are located.

Let's just be clear - the United States of America is facing and enormous amount of legal liability stretching out for the next 20 years, as the childen who were separated come of age to sue the government for what was done to them. The 40,000 people being held in ICE detention camps are also in a position to sue for false imprisonment and a whole range of civil rights abuses.

That's what happens when a government commits war crimes against an innocent civilian population. You keep going on about what illegal immigrants are costing you, well get ready, and bend over. The price just went WAY, WAY up. The litigation is just about to hit the fan.

I have no ide what you are talking about over the last couple of paragraphs.

If this is a war crime against their innocent, then let me tell you, Canadian Police agencies would be disbanded and sent to the coal mines for what they did to me and my family. I, of born here, Canadian at birth having his rights abused.

I'm still waiting for the correction of my birth certificate almost 2 calendar years later. On top of the employment interference and harassment in my life.

Stop pretending you care about civil liberties.

When Trump exited TTP he gave all the Asia-Pacific markets to China.

His tariffs on Chinese goods has failed. It did not create any significant number of American jobs, and China just shifted to selling to other markets.

His diplomacy regarding N. Korean nukes was a complete failure.

Finally, he pissed off the Chinese enough that they launched a biological warfare attack (COVID-19) against us. China has been doing well in stopping COVID-19 (a bit too well) while Western civilization is collapsing.

I don't have any answers for dealing with China, but it's obvious that Trump's policies have been a monumental failure. Extending them would intensify the catastrophe.

Let's hope that when Biden takes office he can initiate some intelligent policies towards China.

Trump has damaged our relationships abroad with his bullying tactics, and countries have begun to make trade deals with China. Much of what China stole is the result of our companies doing business in China since they have to train Chinese workers in the technology that they are working with. Any punishment in the name of increased tariffs only hurts the American people since we pay the increase in tariffs every time we buy something imported from China. Of course, American companies producing here will raise their prices also and we will continue to get screwed. Trade wars do not work.
Trump is a lame-duck and should act like a lame-duck rather than the hotshot he thinks he is.
He spends his days on the golf course and making an ass out of himself as he knocks the shit out of our Democracy with his voter fraud false claims and court challenges that continue to be tossed.

December 29, 2016

Beats me. When I first started voting, you went into a booth, pulled the curtain and made selections on a mechanical voting machine and I had no problem. Guess somebody thought reporting would be faster, but not sure it is worth it.

When Crebs, the fired DHS Head of Election Security, made the statement that he ensured that every ballot counted was backed up by a paper ballot in this election, I wondered the same thing about 2016, too.

There was a meme making the rounds before the 2020 election with Putin whispering in Trump's ear as Trump decried mail-in ballots. "Stop mail-in ballots. We can't hack paper ballots". There may be more truth there than is usual with memes.

Then there's the news that Russians had planted hacking malware as early as last March, which makes me wonder if that wasn't the plan all along, and either they came close enough last time, or possibly had some success last election that was covered up, and hence the emphasis on paper ballot back-up this time

Maybe Trump's claims that the elections were "rigged" was absolutely correct because he was doing the rigging. That's a tactic he's used frequently - accusing others of doing the very thing he is doing, to deflect attention from him. He made the same claims in 2016 as an excuse for why he lost the popular vote.

If tariffs don’t work, how much can people themselves boycott on American soil? When will Americans oppose the low quality and claim the psychological self-esteem of producing something on their own? Their own meals is a good start, because the extreme masculine violence of the Chinese virus evolved from culinary promiscuity. Boycott Chinese food and Chinese fentanyl.

When Trump exited TTP he gave all the Asia-Pacific markets to China.

His tariffs on Chinese goods has failed. It did not create any significant number of American jobs, and China just shifted to selling to other markets.

His diplomacy regarding N. Korean nukes was a complete failure.

Finally, he pissed off the Chinese enough that they launched a biological warfare attack (COVID-19) against us. China has been doing well in stopping COVID-19 (a bit too well) while Western civilization is collapsing.

I don't have any answers for dealing with China, but it's obvious that Trump's policies have been a monumental failure. Extending them would intensify the catastrophe.

Let's hope that when Biden takes office he can initiate some intelligent policies towards China.

The only ones supporting the Status Quo on China are import/exporters and those self serving.

You can feel free to list what intelligent policies towards China we saw with Biden as V.P...for eight years. How many more presented by Harris/Biden in the many decades they have had in politics.

Sure they can change, i hope they do. I highly doubt those in Chinas orbit are sitting back in "wait and see mode". For them, the war has already begun. America will be like creepy, covert police state Canada and bankrupt Ontario if you don't wake up.

What some apologist are suggesting is "hey, better to send Germany our oil and steel than to confront them after they rolled into Czechoslovakia. We need to engage intelligently, not confront".

I'm not some guy pulling out my hair, I'm calling it as I see it, I'm fairly certain of the outcome. More certain unless there is a drastic change in position and tactics of the last 30 years.

Kudos to China for having the West fund your expansion while decimating our Middle Class. I doubt they could have estimated how weak leadership would be which made it that much easier for them. Chamberlains abound.

December 29, 2016

When Crebs, the fired DHS Head of Election Security, made the statement that he ensured that every ballot counted was backed up by a paper ballot in this election, I wondered the same thing about 2016, too.

There was a meme making the rounds before the 2020 election with Putin whispering in Trump's ear as Trump decried mail-in ballots. "Stop mail-in ballots. We can't hack paper ballots". There may be more truth there than is usual with memes.

Then there's the news that Russians had planted hacking malware as early as last March, which makes me wonder if that wasn't the plan all along, and either they came close enough last time, or possibly had some success last election that was covered up, and hence the emphasis on paper ballot back-up this time

Maybe Trump's claims that the elections were "rigged" was absolutely correct because he was doing the rigging. That's a tactic he's used frequently - accusing others of doing the very thing he is doing, to deflect attention from him. He made the same claims in 2016 as an excuse for why he lost the popular vote.

Yeah, no. I think you've been into the left over egg nog.

Putin, a former KGB and guy who rolled into Crimea while the West sent blankets, isn't going to be so lazy and out of the loop as to whisper sweet words about stopping mail in ballots. If he suspected the West wouldn't stop him when he caught them off guard in Ukraine, he isn't going to let some lip reader pick up some whispering.

Furthermore, Putin doesn't speak English, and though some on the far-left would disagree, Trump doesn't speak Russian.

If tariffs don’t work, how much can people themselves boycott on American soil? When will Americans oppose the low quality and claim the psychological self-esteem of producing something on their own? Their own meals is a good start, because the extreme masculine violence of the Chinese virus evolved from culinary promiscuity. Boycott Chinese food and Chinese fentanyl.
Had fantastic Chinese food at Asia Gardens restaurant last week. You boycott. I'll enjoy the Kung Pao Chicken and Shrimp. Not part of a chain, locally owned and operated by a nice family of good people here for many, many years. I support local business.

There is no 'if.'

There is no 'if.'

So I AM is more accurate?

Forum List

Back