If There Is No God, Murder Is Not Wrong

If there is no God, murder isn't wrong. You may think it's wrong, but how do you know it's wrong? As Dennis Prager explains, without God, all morality is mere opinion.

Dennis prager is a complete moron.

There is no goD. Laws and morals are purely societal conventions, no imaginary "supreme being" required.

If there is no God, murder isn't wrong. You may think it's wrong, but how do you know it's wrong? As Dennis Prager explains, without God, all morality is mere opinion.

I find it very revealing, and a little scary, that when conservatives contemplate the possibility that god does exist they IMMEDIATELY start thinking about killing people.......

The only thing keeping conservatives from raping, stealing, beating and killing other people is their fear that god will punish them with eternal damnation.

Last edited:
If people want to argue that we are just animals evolved from dirt, it is illogical to say evolutionary acts are wrong. There’s no such thing as wrong in the animal kingdom.

There is no objective right or wrong. So what? Clearly we don't need that. There's no objective meaning or purpose either. Everything is subjective and I'm fine with that.
Glad you agree with the OP.

I find it very revealing, and a little scary, that when conservatives contemplate the possibility that god does exist they IMMEDIATELY start thinking about killing people.......

The only think keeping conservatives from raping, stealing, beating and killing other people is their fear that god will punish them with eternal damnation.

Suddenly murder is not a topic the Left care about again.

If people want to argue that we are just animals evolved from dirt, it is illogical to say evolutionary acts are wrong. There’s no such thing as wrong in the animal kingdom.

There is no objective right or wrong. So what? Clearly we don't need that. There's no objective meaning or purpose either. Everything is subjective and I'm fine with that.
Glad you agree with the OP.

So you admit that without fear of god and hell you would kill and rape and steal?

To be clear I am agnostic, not atheist. That being said I don't need a God to tell me that taking life from another human unnecessarily is wrong. Morality being constructed by humans doesn't bother me. It doesn't make it less relevant or meaningful to me. What kind of person needs divine guidance to not be a murderer?

So as long as you think killing someone is necessary it's okay. I can dig that. That makes everyone other than you a target of you. It was necessary judge because he stole the shoes from my cardboard box house under the bridge. I had to stab them all, because it was necessary for my mental health! You're not right.

Absolute nonsense. Every culture has had laws against harming others, whether murder, rape or just assault. There have been social classes that were exempt, but that is more about corruption than about morality.

I have had numerous people tell me that without God people would murder and rape as much as they wanted. I find that laughable. Right now I murder and rape as much as I want.
Many cultures have not. In just the past century godless Governments have slaughtered over 262 MILLION of their OWN CITIZENS.

And they did it because they FELT it was the right thing to do.
Except for China, they were all theist countries, even ours.

There is no society anywhere that condones murder, but there are lots and lots of different "gods" out there. Some cultures barely have a god giving commands at all.
Whoever that Prager guy is, he's barking up the wrong tree.

Was this the same God that told the Israelites to kill every man, woman, and child in Jericho?

Absolute nonsense. Every culture has had laws against harming others, whether murder, rape or just assault. There have been social classes that were exempt, but that is more about corruption than about morality.

I have had numerous people tell me that without God people would murder and rape as much as they wanted. I find that laughable. Right now I murder and rape as much as I want.
Many cultures have not. In just the past century godless Governments have slaughtered over 262 MILLION of their OWN CITIZENS.

China, USSR, Cambodia, North Korea, Germany.

Was this the same God that told the Israelites to kill every man, woman, and child in Jericho?

Yep. Kill is not the same as murder.

There is no society anywhere that condones murder, but there are lots and lots of different "gods" out there. Some cultures barely have a god giving commands at all.

There is no society anywhere that condones murder,

Then you’re ignorant of history. Even modern history.

I’ll send you to a Taliban society to prove it.

Your religion says murder is ok, as long as it meets certain criteria.
Like banging your married neighbor.
A dude sucking a pecker condemns him to eternity of burning.
Not sure your god is that moral
Oh? Who can I murder today?
Well, according to your religious book you can murder the guy who's banging your wife.
I’m not Muslim nor Jew.
How nice for you. Surely you've read the Bible though?

Lotsa stonings and such, not even mentioning "Devine justice".

The only think keeping conservatives from raping, stealing, beating and killing other people is their fear that god will punish them with eternal damnation.

Suddenly murder is not a topic the Left care about again.

I'm not "the left" but you are obviously deranged enough to believe I am a "leftist" simply because I am not a deranged conservative.

I care about "murder"

and l worry about your desire to MURDER gays and liberals and atheists and muslims and wiccans......

(now you say "but ABORTION....if you can abort babies then I can murder gays!")

to which I respond: If you believe murder is wrong (and abortion is murder) then why do you justify murdering gays just because liberals justify?

are you seriously saying that if liberals get to abort babies then you have the right to murder anyone you want to (to hell with god)?

To be clear I am agnostic, not atheist. That being said I don't need a God to tell me that taking life from another human unnecessarily is wrong. Morality being constructed by humans doesn't bother me. It doesn't make it less relevant or meaningful to me. What kind of person needs divine guidance to not be a murderer?

I don't get the outrage from religious people about these Killings! Isn't it all part of your gods plan. Hasn't everything from the beginning to the end already been laid out as part of "The Plan". You should be rejoicing! Or are you just upset at how your god is playing the game. Everyone looks the other way until the bodies end up in their front yard.

Your religion says murder is ok, as long as it meets certain criteria.
Like banging your married neighbor.
A dude sucking a pecker condemns him to eternity of burning.
Not sure your god is that moral
Oh? Who can I murder today?
Well, according to your religious book you can murder the guy who's banging your wife.
I’m not Muslim nor Jew.
It isnt our fault you dont adhere to your holy book. It clearly states that.

There is no society anywhere that condones murder,

Then you’re ignorant of history. Even modern history.

I’ll send you to a Taliban society to prove it.

Let me correct myself: There is no society that condones murder of their own. I didn't know we were excluding societies that allow for war. In that case, the only society I know of is the Amish.

China, USSR, Cambodia, North Korea, Germany.
Germans are Christians, Russians are some kind of Orthodox with the big hats, The Khmer are Buddhists, and NK are too scared to say.

Forum List

Back