Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Gop

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Stay Home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm voting for or writing in Ron Paul no matter what.

I never understood the logic of voting for someone who clearly has no chance of winning. Standing on principle only to basically toss a viable vote away. Its like saying you really dont care which person that CAN WIN ends up in the WH. So if you dont care why bother voting in the first place?

It's the same reason that Repubs still go to the polls in Mass. or any other Dem dominated district. You state a choice. Unfortunately the 2 parties have rigged the choices..

Mitt Romney. The GOP isn't crazy about him, the TP isn't crazy about him, every headline after the debates is Perry this and Perry that... Listen to me now and believe me later, Mitt Romney is the one who could actually beat Obama in 2012.

I'll vote for Obama again. He's the lesser of two evils at this point.

Your username is don'tbestupid, yet you do say truly stupid shit.

Obama is not so much "evil" as he is the embodiment of the problem.

To vote for that dufus this time around, you HAVE to be stupid.

My username is directed at people like you. People who don't want Obama, but do want a Southern hick who forcibly vaccinated young girls while praying for more water to deal with a drought that God told him had nothing to do with man-made pollution.

What is it with you liberals and the constant lies?

No one was FORCED to get vaccinated.

Office of the Governor Rick Perry

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today issued the following statement regarding his HPV vaccine executive order:

“Never before have we had an opportunity to prevent cancer with a simple vaccine. While I understand the concerns expressed by some, I stand firmly on the side of protecting life. The HPV vaccine does not promote sex, it protects women’s health. In the past, young women who have abstained from sex until marriage have contracted HPV from their husbands and faced the difficult task of defeating cervical cancer. This vaccine prevents that from happening.

“Providing the HPV vaccine doesn’t promote sexual promiscuity anymore than providing the Hepatitis B vaccine promotes drug use. If the medical community developed a vaccine for lung cancer, would the same critics oppose it claiming it would encourage smoking?

“Finally, parents need to know that they have the final decision about whether or not their daughter is vaccinated. I am a strong believer in protecting parental rights, which is why this executive order allows them to opt out.”

Depending on the candidate, I'm open to voting GOP. I will not vote for Obama. And I will not stay home.

As if this was ever in doubt.

She said she's "open to voting GOP"... IOW, two of the four options are OPEN to her...

Unlike the leftist wingnuts in this thread who have probably already mailed in their Barry the Downgrade votes...

Thats part of the primary process. Its the same damn way when the democrats have primaries. The messages for the masses come to the forefront when the general election begins in ernest.

And just to let you know the left is in the minority in this country. The electorate is center right. Has been for some time

So, exactly HOW did Obama, a liberal, get elected by a center right country in 2008?

He campaigned as a centrist. in other words he lied like hell.

He did? :eusa_eh:

If anything his campaign promises were to deliver on far more "liberal" promises than he has actually delivered. If anything he is more centrist now than what he campaigned on.

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today issued the following statement regarding his HPV vaccine executive order:

“Never before have we had an opportunity to prevent cancer with a simple vaccine. While I understand the concerns expressed by some, I stand firmly on the side of protecting life. The HPV vaccine does not promote sex, it protects women’s health. In the past, young women who have abstained from sex until marriage have contracted HPV from their husbands and faced the difficult task of defeating cervical cancer. This vaccine prevents that from happening.

“Providing the HPV vaccine doesn’t promote sexual promiscuity anymore than providing the Hepatitis B vaccine promotes drug use. If the medical community developed a vaccine for lung cancer, would the same critics oppose it claiming it would encourage smoking?

“Finally, parents need to know that they have the final decision about whether or not their daughter is vaccinated. I am a strong believer in protecting parental rights, which is why this executive order allows them to opt out.”

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...says-hpv-vaccine-he-mandated-would-have-been/

Reading is your friend. Don't be scared of it.

Parents could only object for philosophical or religious reasons.

I'll vote for Obama again. He's the lesser of two evils at this point.

Your username is don'tbestupid, yet you do say truly stupid shit.

Obama is not so much "evil" as he is the embodiment of the problem.

To vote for that dufus this time around, you HAVE to be stupid.

Then you have to prepare yourself for the very real possibility that more than half of voters are going to be 'stupid' by your standards next year...

So, exactly HOW did Obama, a liberal, get elected by a center right country in 2008?

If anything his campaign promises were to deliver on far more "liberal" promises than he has actually delivered. If anything he is more centrist now than what he campaigned on.

Exactly right, except the 'If anything' was not necessary. He campaigned as a moderate Democrat. He's governing like a moderate Republican.

He campaigned as whatever people wanted him to be.

Different person in San Francisco than he was in Pennsylvania.

Quintessential chameleon. A screen for people to project their vision of hope and change onto.

If the media had been so inclined they could have outed him as someone who was playing progressive at this venue and centrist at that one. And other more profound contradictions which I would need to tread lightly in describing. But they were obviously not so inclined.

Last edited:
Love that Bennington!

The only requirement to beat Obama is to have a pulse.

i know you wish that were true. sadly, you actually have to have a candidate who doesn't offend 2/3 of the population.

You mean 1/3 right. I mean if you read the current polls Obama has already covered the other 2/3 with dissatisfaction.

Uhh, yes, well 3/5ths anyway by the most conservative estimates... But I think you're quite sideways on the reasons why he's unpopular.

Hint: It damn sure ain't because he's being too much of a lefty. :lol:

Quintessential chameleon. A screen for people to project their vision of hope and change onto.

If the media had been so inclined they could have outed him as someone who was playing progressive at this venue and centrist at that one. And other more profound contradictions which I would need to tread lightly in describing. But they were obviously not so inclined.

Being progressive on one issue and moderate on another is not the same as "He campaigned as whatever people wanted him to be."

It will take a Ronald Reaganesh type Candidate to win over Obama:eusa_pray:

Love that Bennington!

The only requirement to beat Obama is to have a pulse.

i know you wish that were true. sadly, you actually have to have a candidate who doesn't offend 2/3 of the population.

Now you asked for it.....did you see my thread on the wall-climbing?
You know "Aviator" at Floyd Bennet Field....I challenge you to the climb...
If you win...I'll run against Obama!

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...says-hpv-vaccine-he-mandated-would-have-been/

Reading is your friend. Don't be scared of it.

Parents could only object for philosophical or religious reasons.

I think I'll take Perry's word over politifact's.

But from you're link :

The order included an opt-out "in order to protect the right of parents to be the final authority on their children's health care."

The Following is a statement from Perry on the same day he signed the executive order.

Gov. Perry Establishes HPV Vaccination Program for Young Women
Vaccine will save lives of Texas women by preventing cervical cancer caused by HPV

Friday, February 02, 2007 • Press Release

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today issued an executive order directing the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to adopt rules requiring all girls age 11 and 12 to receive the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine prior to entering sixth grade, effective September 2008. The executive order also directs HHSC and the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to make the vaccine immediately available to eligible young females through the Texas Vaccines for Children program for young women ages 9 to 18, and through Medicaid for women ages 19 to 21.

“The HPV vaccine provides us with an incredible opportunity to effectively target and prevent cervical cancer,” said Perry. “Requiring young girls to get vaccinated before they come into contact with HPV is responsible health and fiscal policy that has the potential to significantly reduce cases of cervical cancer and mitigate future medical costs.”

HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease in the United States. Today, approximately 20 million people in the nation are infected, including one in four 15 to 24 year olds. Certain strains of HPV cause most cases of cervical cancer. Texas has the second highest number of women suffering from this devastating disease in the nation. In 2006, there were 1,169 new cases and nearly 400 deaths from cervical cancer in the state.

Parents may choose to opt out of mandatory vaccinations for reasons of conscience, including religious beliefs. The governor’s executive order directs DSHS to ease the opt out process by providing exemption request forms online.

Being progressive on one issue and moderate on another is not the same as "He campaigned as whatever people wanted him to be."

That is a true statement. But it doesn't describe Obama's situation. He played both sides of the same issues.

On the west coast he said he would bankrupt the coal industry, and in coal country he campaigned as a friend of the coal miners. For instance.

Surprisingly slimy for someone with such a clean cut image. The media and the public lapped up the image. Neither the media nor most of the voting public did due diligence in learning about the cipher they were propelling into office.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back