• Gop

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Stay Home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Love that Bennington!

The only requirement to beat Obama is to have a pulse.

i know you wish that were true. sadly, you actually have to have a candidate who doesn't offend 2/3 of the population.

You mean 1/3 right. I mean if you read the current polls Obama has already covered the other 2/3 with dissatisfaction.

"Conservatives" and "Tea Party" activists are in the minority among voters. I believe 1/3 is actually a little high for their numbers, but let's go with that. Playing to this base gets you elected in a general election, HOW?

Unless it appears that my vote will change the outcome of the election in Florida then I will be voting for a third party candidate.

I will not vote for Obama come Hell or high water and there is not a Republican in the mix that I believe will do any better than Obama. Since President Obama has proven he has absolutely no idea about what to do about the unemployment situation, if it appears my vote will be the one to cost him the election, I will throw that vote in with the Republicans. Otherwise, I'll vote third party and hope that enough of us will do so to make the idiots in the two parties realize we are fed up with their bullshit.

Immie

i know you wish that were true. sadly, you actually have to have a candidate who doesn't offend 2/3 of the population.

You mean 1/3 right. I mean if you read the current polls Obama has already covered the other 2/3 with dissatisfaction.

"Conservatives" and "Tea Party" activists are in the minority among voters. I believe 1/3 is actually a little high for their numbers, but let's go with that. Playing to this base gets you elected in a general election, HOW?

Thats part of the primary process. Its the same damn way when the democrats have primaries. The messages for the masses come to the forefront when the general election begins in ernest.

And just to let you know the left is in the minority in this country. The electorate is center right. Has been for some time

I know its kinda pointless but I'd like to see how much support Obama has vs the GOP at this point.

A bit difficult to get an accurate read from this forum since the vast majority here are die hard right wingers.

I was looking for a read on the forum basically. Their are plenty of polls describing the public mood out there.

Thats part of the primary process. Its the same damn way when the democrats have primaries. The messages for the masses come to the forefront when the general election begins in ernest.

And just to let you know the left is in the minority in this country. The electorate is center right. Has been for some time

So, exactly HOW did Obama, a liberal, get elected by a center right country in 2008?

So, exactly HOW did Obama, a liberal, get elected by a center right country in 2008?

Hope and change ring a bell? It sure as fuck wasnt based on any kind of experience.

At the risk of being "Booooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhed", I will say because President Bush was the worst President in recent history. Atila the Hun could have won that election if he ran as a Democrat.

Immie

because he wishes it... and if he cloes his eyes real tight and clicks his heels together three times, and holds on to tink really tight, maybe it could happen...

I'll vote for Obama again. He's the lesser of two evils at this point.

I agree with this statement. I had MUCH higher hopes for Obama as a President, and he basically turned out to be much less than the hype. However, compared to the extremists the right is lining up against him, I feel better sticking with Obama.

I'm pissed he extended the Tax cuts, doubled down on Afghanistan, hasn't been quicker with the pull out in Iraq, Gitmo is still open, the Patriot Act is still in effect and single payer turned into a mandate..but given the choices..he's got my vote.

Your username is don'tbestupid, yet you do say truly stupid shit.

Obama is not so much "evil" as he is the embodiment of the problem.

To vote for that dufus this time around, you HAVE to be stupid.

My username is directed at people like you. People who don't want Obama, but do want a Southern hick who forcibly vaccinated young girls while praying for more water to deal with a drought that God told him had nothing to do with man-made pollution.

At the risk of being "Booooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhed", I will say because President Bush was the worst President in recent history. Atila the Hun could have won that election if he ran as a Democrat.

Immie

and yet mccain was slightly ahead in the polls until the economic melt-down. :eusa_whistle:

Your username is don'tbestupid, yet you do say truly stupid shit.

Obama is not so much "evil" as he is the embodiment of the problem.

To vote for that dufus this time around, you HAVE to be stupid.

My username is directed at people like you. People who don't want Obama, but do want a Southern hick who forcibly vaccinated young girls while praying for more water to deal with a drought that God told him had nothing to do with man-made pollution.

he's kind of ignorant... don't mind him.

Romney/Bachmann Ticket

A VP choice like that, and Romney throws away his shot at becoming POTUS. I think he is much smarter than that. He won't pick any of the opposing candidates as a running mate, assuming he wins the nomination, and that is definitely not yet a given. My guess is that he at least tries to get Rubio on the ticket. Rubio might bite if Republicans can convince him that without him on the ticket, they probably lose the election.

Immie

and yet mccain was slightly ahead in the polls until the economic melt-down. :eusa_whistle:

McCain never had a shot.

Also, McCain is, in fact, more liberal than Obama so your point is still in valid. :)

Immie

I'm voting for or writing in Ron Paul no matter what.

I never understood the logic of voting for someone who clearly has no chance of winning. Standing on principle only to basically toss a viable vote away. Its like saying you really dont care which person that CAN WIN ends up in the WH. So if you dont care why bother voting in the first place?

That is completely not true. If every vote counts, then every eligible voter who doesn't vote also counts. It quite obviously effects the outcome of the election thus it is just as powerful as voting. For those of us who are Paul supporters, a man who is quite different than any of the other candidates, is only running as a republican to get air time, we aren't going to vote for someone that we dislike just a little less then Obama.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back