Zone1 If racism is the cause for poverty among blacks, why are 75% of blacks NOT poor?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
I’ve asked the above question repeatedly of the black activists who insist on blaming racism for the problems in the poor, black inner-city areas - and it’s always ignored, so I decided to make the question a separate thread.

Q: If racism is the cause of poverty among blacks, then why are the majority of blacks NOT in poverty?

A: Because they made the right decisions, despite perhaps some personal experiences with racism, and completed high school (or ideally, went beyond that), did not have children before they could afford them, and had the ability, discipline and motivation to get jobs and move up in them.

This is how ALL members of minorities, who also have had personal experiences with bigotry, move out of poverty and make a success of their lives.

Defend or refute the above.

I’ve asked the above question repeatedly of the black activists who insist on blaming racism for the problems in the poor, black inner-city areas - and it’s always ignored, so I decided to make the question a separate thread.

Q: If racism is the cause of poverty among blacks, then why are the majority of blacks NOT in poverty?

A: Because they made the right decisions, despite perhaps some personal experiences with racism, and completed high school (or ideally, went beyond that), did not have children before they could afford them, and had the ability, discipline and motivation to get jobs and move up in them.

This is how ALL members of minorities, who also have had personal experiences with bigotry, move out of poverty and make a success of their lives.

Defend or refute the above.

You are defending racism and bigotry. You note that many can overcome racism and bigotry while condemning those who don't as opposed to condemning the racism and bigotry.

I am not defending it. I am explaining that with the right choices and traits, ome can rise above it.

Why should they have to "rise above it"? Why should it simply not end? You are defending it.

Don’t be ridiculous. You can’t legislate away attitudes. All one can do is rise above it by making the right choices in life.

I said nothing about legislating anything.

She wants to condemn those who don't get passed it as opposed to those who commit it.
I’m not condemning those who don’t get past it. I am pointing out that everyone CAN, and those who don’t are responsible for their own choices.

Holding people responsible for their choices is not condemning them. It’s just not excusing bad behavior or choices.

I’m not condemning those who don’t get past it. I am pointing out that everyone CAN, and those who don’t are responsible for their own choices.

Holding people responsible for their choices is not condemning them. It’s just not excusing bad behavior or choices.

All the replies so far and not once have you actually said you condemn the racism.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I said nothing about legislating anything.
Then you are making no sense. You’re acknowledging that you can’t legislate attitudes, and you just want to make excuses for people who don’t make responsible and wise choices.

So what’s YOUR answer? Just give more money to blacks without requiring them to change the underlying behavior and choices that is keeping them in poverty?

All the replies so far and not once have you actually said you condemn the racism.
Of course I condemn it. (Is that your nasty leftist way of calling me a defender of racism.) But my condemning racism isn’t going to get poor blacks out of poverty - only they can do that for themselves, by making the right choices and, ideally, using a Pell Grant to get job training. It’s up to them, not us.

Then you are making no sense. You’re acknowledging that you can’t legislate attitudes, and you just want to make excuses for people who don’t make responsible and wise choices.

So what’s YOUR answer? Just give more money to blacks without requiring them to change the underlying behavior and choices that is keeping them in poverty?

Condemn the racist.

• Thanks
Of course I condemn it. (Is that your nasty leftist way of calling me a defender of racism.) But my condemning racism isn’t going to get poor blacks out of poverty - only they can do that for themselves, by making the right choices and, ideally, using a Pell Grant to get job training. It’s up to them, not us.

"Them" "Us"...........I suppose you are unable to see it.

• Thanks
OIP.HDTDAZQTwDek8ldJ0AJgIQHaHa

"Them" "Us"...........I suppose you are unable to see it.
Yes. Adults are responsible for their own decisions. It is not whites fault if blacks have a SHAMEFUL ILLEGITIMACY rate, which is what is truly at the root of all their problems.

P.S. Condemn the black racists we have in this subforum.

You should have stopped after the first three words here. You said nothing. All you did was indulge in a very simple-minded, ignorant and unsubstantiated assumption.
He’s a leftist. It’s what they do.

Forum List

Back