Zone1 Dark v. Light Skin

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I don't get so much about racism, and I don't say that as a brag. I'm not "anti-racist" or whatever--I just don't get it. I think it's profoundly stupid to argue about where your ancestors grew up and what adaptations their bodies took to acclimatize to their conditions.

I'm such a dunderhead I didn't realize until a few years ago that light v. dark skin is a thing in the Black community. Um. What? Look at this woman here:

1665228923194.png

I mean.

This woman's skin is a wonder. If you take care of it, what makeup do you need? That's first. Second, it barely ages compared to my pasty skin. And third, people with this skin can wear just about every color you can imagine. Meanwhile, at least half a dozen colors make me look as if I have just vomited. Or am about to vomit.

So this is what I wonder. How did THIS SKIN get to be such a whatever-it-is? Look at it!

I don't get it.

I don't get so much about racism, and I don't say that as a brag. I'm not "anti-racist" or whatever--I just don't get it. I think it's profoundly stupid to argue about where your ancestors grew up and what adaptations their bodies took to acclimatize to their conditions.

I'm such a dunderhead I didn't realize until a few years ago that light v. dark skin is a thing in the Black community. Um. What? Look at this woman here:

View attachment 707320

I mean.

This woman's skin is a wonder. If you take care of it, what makeup do you need? That's first. Second, it barely ages compared to my pasty skin. And third, people with this skin can wear just about every color you can imagine. Meanwhile, at least half a dozen colors make me look as if I have just vomited. Or am about to vomit.

So this is what I wonder. How did THIS SKIN get to be such a whatever-it-is? Look at it!

I don't get it.
It's a thing across nearly all cultures. The Japanese, the Phillipines, Arabic cultures, and even African tribes... People across all "racial" spectrums find "lighter" by comparison skin; more attractive than the mean....

Lets stop pretending about this Sue.

America has been built upon the consideration of color and ancestry.

Forum List

Back