If like gasoline, diesel and natural gas prices now, you'll really love them if the Inflation Reduction Act passes.

Why, the market sets the price. Did you even bother to read the details in the link?

So you're good with oil companies making record breaking 100 billion dollar profit per quarter while we are paying so much at the pump?

So you're good with oil companies making record breaking 100 billion dollar profit per quarter while we are paying so much at the pump?

It's been proven that when you tax something, you get less of it. What's that going to do with prices? I can't believe you're so fixated on profits when the companies don't control the prices of their products. This BS will likely push some of the small companies out of the business, further reducing supply. Of course that is the intent of you commies.

Do you even understand what a shortage means? It is simply a fact that those producing a product that is both in high demand and low supply are going to make large profits. That is basic economics. And there is no 'allow' about it. We could stop them and they will simply cease to exist, foreign companies will fill any gaps and the prices will INCREASE.

It is funny that you think producing and selling a much needed commodity and making a profit is something that the nation should stop and that would be an answer to our high prices. There is zero logic in that position.

You best hope it's enough to cover the increased retail costs of energy.

I have a more fuel efficient car than most of you. It won’t start to hurt until it goes over $7 a gallon in Georgia. By then you on the Right will be committing murder over the cost to fuel your big gas guzzler trucks.

Yes. I own oil company stocks and that profit goes to me in the form of dividends.

More money for me. I can certainly approve.

It's been proven that when you tax something, you get less of it. What's that going to do with prices? I can't believe you're so fixated on profits when the companies don't control the prices of their products. This BS will likely push some of the small companies out of the business, further reducing supply. Of course that is the intent of you commies.

You think they don't control their own prices? really? Of course they change their prices to match or change the market, but their pricing strategy is ther own choice. Nobody is forcing them to keep the prices high enough to reap record profits right now. That is pure greed.

Do you even understand what a shortage means? It is simply a fact that those producing a product that is both in high demand and low supply are going to make large profits. That is basic economics. And there is no 'allow' about it. We could stop them and they will simply cease to exist, foreign companies will fill any gaps and the prices will INCREASE.

It is funny that you think producing and selling a much needed commodity and making a profit is something that the nation should stop and that would be an answer to our high prices. There is zero logic in that position.
Reasonable profit is expected. Price gouging is unethical.

Reasonable profit is expected. Price gouging is unethical.
And?

Where did I say anything about ethics. Your position is still void of logic in any shape or form no matter what ethical riders you want to attach to it. The ethics of the situation are not relevant to the economic realities and are 100 percent subjective. Your claim that it is unethical is meaningless to the facts on the ground.

And?

Where did I say anything about ethics. Your position is still void of logic in any shape or form no matter what ethical riders you want to attach to it. The ethics of the situation are not relevant to the economic realities and are 100 percent subjective. Your claim that it is unethical is meaningless to the facts on the ground.
Ethics are always relivant. It's a shame that right wingers don't care about that any more.

Ethics are always relivant. It's a shame that right wingers don't care about that any more.
Ethics is subjective. YOU demand that it is unethical but you cannot even logically show that to be the case since you cannot set the line where a profit is 'price gouging' in this instance. It is a bald asses assertion backed up by nothing whatsoever. It is notable that you have not even bothered to try yet.

All so you can avoid the point brought up - your position lacks any logic whatsoever. Your straw man is irrelevant - we cannot even get into the ethics of the situation as you cannot address the most basic concepts.

But you continue to cling to your straw man.

Ethics is subjective. YOU demand that it is unethical but you cannot even logically show that to be the case since you cannot set the line where a profit is 'price gouging' in this instance. It is a bald asses assertion backed up by nothing whatsoever. It is notable that you have not even bothered to try yet.

All so you can avoid the point brought up - your position lacks any logic whatsoever. Your straw man is irrelevant - we cannot even get into the ethics of the situation as you cannot address the most basic concepts.

But you continue to cling to your straw man.
I'm sure you think that is what a smart person sounds like.

The bill also includes some climate-unfriendly provisions, apparently added at Manchin’s request. It requires the federal government to offer several lease sales of offshore oil and gas resources, with more on the table if public lands are opened to renewable energy efforts like wind farms. The leases could boost oil and gas production from federal lands by an extra 50 million tons per year in 2030, according to Energy Innovation. Overall, however, climate wins out, analysts say: For each additional ton of C02 from fossil fuels, other provisions of the bill would reduce emissions by 24 tons.

I'm sure you think that is what a smart person sounds like.
evade evade evade.

You have not addressed anything whatsoever. You evade every point. And now you hide behind an ad hominem.

It is unsurprising that you do not even try and address any points raised. Hell, you have not even bothered to support your own bald assed assertions. It is rather clear this is nothing but a dem talking point - they said the problem is greedy oil companies and therefore it must be greedy oil companies.

evade evade evade.

You have not addressed anything whatsoever. You evade every point. And now you hide behind an ad hominem.

It is unsurprising that you do not even try and address any points raised. Hell, you have not even bothered to support your own bald assed assertions. It is rather clear this is nothing but a dem talking point - they said the problem is greedy oil companies and therefore it must be greedy oil companies.
You repeating consiracy theories is not making a point. You have made no valid points to address.

I have a more fuel efficient car than most of you. It won’t start to hurt until it goes over $7 a gallon in Georgia. By then you on the Right will be committing murder over the cost to fuel your big gas guzzler trucks.

Gasoline is only one aspect of energy costs idiot.

Forum List

Back