If God made Man, did he make Neanderthals too?

Well, I considered myself an idiot for starting this thread but now I am less of an idiot, lol. Learning stuff. And that's the point, right? Differing views, thoughts, etc.

Minus the trolls, which I cannot see, hallelujah!
I believe I have a better understanding of the bible than before I read this thread. Thanks for creating it.

So...earth was all mellow and easy prior to Satan being booted? Or was crap going on even then? In other words..did this evil stuff going on begin with the booting, or was it always here?

Cain was an ass. So...who influenced him? Just his self, or some help from imps?
The problem with a physical universe is variation, it ends up motivating humans to do various acts. These acts can be positive or negative. Good or bad if you prefer. That is why it was created. Humans desire to be creative and imaginative. Heaven leaves one without any desires, total Bliss is wonderful but it is all so boring.

But I, too, read somewhere that it's only been 6000 years. Where there is smoke, there are questions, no? heh.

Anyway..when I get there, I'll ask Him. Too bad I can't let y'all know what I find out. ;)

You do realize it modern men I've been around for about three hundred thousand years. This is slight conflict in your statement.
Physically similar, but Man was a special creation in MESOPOTAMIA.

This kinda throws a MONKEY wrench into the teachings of the Athiestic evolutionist followers who push the modern Lie that Man wandered out of Africa. Those humanoids werent the descendants of Adam

This kinda throws a MONKEY wrench into the teachings of the Athiestic evolutionist followers who push the modern Lie that Man wandered out of Africa. Those humanoids werent the descendants of Adam
But if Adam is the first man....why wouldn't they be? Like, an offshoot of Adam's kids? A tribe of a cousins cousins cousin sorta thing?

But if Adam is the first man....why wouldn't they be? Like, an offshoot of Adam's kids? A tribe of a cousins cousins cousin sorta thing?
If you believe the Bible, Adam was CREATED -- not born. His wife was also created from (not by) him. The Bible describes Adam being given "the spirit in Man." This indicates he was unique from all the rest of God's creation.

But king Solomon also was inspired to write: Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

so it appears that God gives some sort of spiritual essence to ALL LIVING THINGS including the animals

The fossil records ( facts ) and DNA ( factual evidence ) both indicate man's origin and travels on Earth. Not Adam, but Lucy is on that lineage.

There are Christians that believe in God, the Bible, and evolution. I am one, likely just one of millions.

The Bible is full of parables, allegorical fictional stories used to illustrate a moral or religious lesson. Jesus used over 40 parables in his teachings. The fact that he used fiction does make classify Him as a liar.

IMHO, the writers of the Bible used allegories but not to explain exactly how the existence of things came about (because they did not themselves know), but to tell the truth that God created EVERYTHING THERE IS in a manner that would be more easily understood. The story of Adam and Eve, including the Garden of Eden, the Serpent, the Tree...

God created everything in the universe. He did not do it in 6 days. Estimates of the timing of the Big Bang appear to concur near 13.7 BILLION years ago.

God set it off!

Last edited:
If you believe the Bible, Adam was CREATED -- not born. His wife was also created from (not by) him. The Bible describes Adam being given "the spirit in Man." This indicates he was unique from all the rest of God's creation.

But king Solomon also was inspired to write: Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

so it appears that God gives some sort of spiritual essence to ALL LIVING THINGS including the animals " God " in one great breath created the entire physical universe not out of nothing but out of " himself ". We are all one with " God " wether we know it or not, wether we believe it or not. Total " human " understanding of this is not possible yet. That capacity may enlighten all mankind if and when we leave our childhood behind.

There are Christians that believe in God, the Bible, and evolution. I am one. likely just one of millions.

The Bible is full of parables, allegorical fictional stories used to illustrate a moral or religious lesson. Jesus used over 40 parables in his teachings. The fact that he used fiction does make classify Him as a liar.

IMHO, the writers of the Bible used allegories but not to explain exactly how the existence of things came about (because they did not themselves know), but to tell the truth that God created EVERYTHING THERE IS in a manner that would be more easily understood. The story of Adam and Eve, including the Garden of Eden, the Serpent, the Tree

God created everything in the universe. He did not do it in 6 days. Estimates of the timing of the Big Bang appear to concur near 13.7 BILLION years ago.

God set it off!
Correct, you go to the Head of the class. Time is irrelevant in the parallel universe of light. It was not recognized when the physical Universe was created, but the so-called " Big bang " became a repeating cycle for both universes. If mankind can move beyond their childhood and achieve all they are capable of there is the real possibility of stopping the cycle and cojoining
There are Christians that believe in God, the Bible, and evolution. I am one. likely just one of millions.

IMHO, the writers of the Bible used allegories but not to explain exactly how the existence of things came about (because they did not themselves know), but to tell the truth that God created EVERYTHING THERE IS in a manner that would be more easily understood. The story of Adam and Eve, including the Garden of Eden, the Serpent,

IMHO, the writers of the Bible used allegories but not to explain exactly how the existence of things came about (because they did not themselves know), but to tell the truth that God created EVERYTHING THERE IS in a manner that would be more easily understood. The story of Adam and Eve, including the Garden of Eden, the Serpent, the Tree

God set it off!

Tree

God set it off!
You
Well, one thing is for sure...it's an interesting tale!

However....floods and sons dying and whatnot...are in other stories too NOT associated with Christianity.

I love Christmas. But it never fails on me wondering why anyone thought Jesus' disciples dragged a pine tree in their homes and decorated it. They didn't, the evergreen represents everlasting life, it's a German tradition.

God set it off!
Correct, you go to the Head of the class. What " humans " have yet to learn is the " Big Bang " is cyclical in nature. The physical universe was created by " God " / the universe of light as a respite. The creation was meant to be stable. The factor of time in a physical universe alter the equation making it unstable. There is a long-term solution for all of this.

*sigh*

The Adam and Eve myth is false. Didn't happen. It is demonstrably false.
The details of the allogory maybe inaccurate, but the point about all humanity descending from a common lineage is not false. Nor is it false that our misuse of knowledge, while believing we, through our own hubris, can be as great as creation itself, always tends to be the cause of our doom, and is thus our greatest weakness, thus destroying the precious Earth, which is the garden creation bestowed to us.

Look at our misuse of atomic technology, chemical technology, and now? Microbiology and genetic technology. Your worship of science and knowledge is what that allegorical tale is a warning about. . . and yet? You still don't get it.

I majored in Anthro at Uni. . .

. . . and scientists have discovered that all homo sapiens are related to one common ancestor.

It. . . as they say, a demonstrably true tale through gene sequencing.

The caveat though? Adam and Eve may not have met each other. When I was in school, they had already identified Eve, and now they know who Adam is.

“. . . We’re not saying they’re exact contemporaries or they actually met or all men and women descended from the same couple,” says study coauthor Carlos Bustamante of Stanford University. Y Chromosome Adam and Mitochondrial Eve aren’t the first human male and female but instead represent the common ancestors of the modern Y chromosome and modern mitochondrial DNA.

The findings may overturn previous results that suggested Y Chromosome Adam was only a half or a third as old as Mitochondrial Eve. Previous analyses date the Y chromosome common ancestor to between 50,000 and 115,000 years ago and the mitochondrial DNA common ancestor to between 150,000 and 240,000 years ago.. . "

They have known for a while where Eve came from.

The details of the allogory maybe inaccurate, but the point about all humanity descending from a common lineage is not false. Nor is it false that our misuse of knowledge, while believing we, through our own hubris, can be as great as creation itself, always tends to be the cause of our doom, and is thus our greatest weakness, thus destroying the precious Earth, which is the garden creation bestowed to us.

Look at our misuse of atomic technology, chemical technology, and now? Microbiology and genetic technology. Your worship of science and knowledge is what that allegorical tale is a warning about. . . and yet? You still don't get it.

I majored in Anthro at Uni. . .

. . . and scientists have discovered that all homo sapiens are related to one common ancestor.

It. . . as they say, a demonstrably true tale through gene sequencing.

The caveat though? Adam and Eve may not have met each other. When I was in school, they had already identified Eve, and now they know who Adam is.

“. . . We’re not saying they’re exact contemporaries or they actually met or all men and women descended from the same couple,” says study coauthor Carlos Bustamante of Stanford University. Y Chromosome Adam and Mitochondrial Eve aren’t the first human male and female but instead represent the common ancestors of the modern Y chromosome and modern mitochondrial DNA.

The findings may overturn previous results that suggested Y Chromosome Adam was only a half or a third as old as Mitochondrial Eve. Previous analyses date the Y chromosome common ancestor to between 50,000 and 115,000 years ago and the mitochondrial DNA common ancestor to between 150,000 and 240,000 years ago.. . "

They have known for a while where Eve came from.

all you people are worried about stupid shit...you came from your mother...its simple

This troll just can't help himself.
By my dictionary definitions, myth is quite similar to allegory and parable. I believe both of these are used in the writing of the Bible, and I know that Jesus used parables to illustrate moral, ethical and religious values. All three words describe fictional characters, settings and happenings.

Ergo, labeling the Adam and Eve story as a myth does not seem derogatory to me.

Ergo, labeling the Adam and Eve story as a myth does not seem derogatory to me.
He's been trolling the religion forum for YEARS and he always parrots the same garbage. His demons compel him to do it.

Funny how he thinks we "worry" about stupid shit, yet...here he is. :auiqs.jpg:

I don't see any worrying. Do y'all? Nope. Just fascinating conversation. But...my list just grew one. I'm a happy camper.:spinner:

So....where do the Neanderthals and other "cave men" come into play vs Adam being the first man? And according to some science reports I have seen, the dinosaurs were not millions of years ago. Only about 6 thousand years, give or take.

As Urul (sample name of neanderthal) was chasing mammoths...from whence did he come and from whom? And how is Urul so different from Adam then?

We have all this archeology stuff going on finding Lucy in Africa and other "people" but they are not humanoid...quite yet. So they evolved. Evolved from what or whom?

Something just isn't right from what the bible says and what scientists say.
If you take the test on Ancestry or 23andMe you'll find out how much Neanderthal is part of you.

Forum List

Back